submitting skins for inclusion in dharma
jmarshall Wrote:If you wish to host your own repository (i.e. you host the .zip files of your skin and handle all the updating etc. yourself) then you need to provide:

1. The above XML file, obviously with links pointing to your http server.
2. The http server that serves said files - the checksum file is optional.
3. The files for the server (addons.xml, and your pre-built skin - see the datadir link above).

Ok, I've finally finished Alaska Revisited and just want to double check I'm doing everything correctly in order to host it myself.

Firstly I need to have an addon.xml, icon.png and skin.alaska.revisited.zip in my share folder.

Secondly this I what I think my addon.xml file should look like -

PHP Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<addon id="repository.xbmc.org"
        name="XBMC.org Add-ons"
        version="1.0.0"
        provider-name="Team XBMC">
    <extension point="xbmc.addon.repository"
        name="Official XBMC.org Add-on Repository">
        <info compressed="true">http://www.mediafire.com/file/zzcvgmml0i2/addon.xml</info>
        <checksum></checksum>
        <datadir zip="true">http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=e0ae3d3bdd95d698e7c82ed4b8f0c380da8b99a0fbb3bd8f759e682a8cd2154a</datadir>
    </extension>
    <extension point="xbmc.addon.metadata">
        <summary>Install Add-ons from XBMC.org</summary>
        <summary lang="es">Instalar Addons desde XBMC.org</summary>
        <summary lang="hu">Kiegészítok letöltése az XBMC.org-ról</summary>
        <description>Download and install add-ons from the Official XBMC.org addon repository.[CR]  By using the official Repository you will be able to take advantage of our extensive file mirror service to help get you faster downloads from a region close to you.[CR]  All addons on this repository have under gone basic testing, if you find a broken or not working addon please report it to Team XBMC so we can take any action needed.</description>
        <description lang="es">Descarga e instala Addons desde el repositorio oficial de XBMC.[CR]  Usando el repositorio oficial tendrás las ventajas de nuestro servicio de mirrors para ayudarte a conseguir unas descargas más rápidas de un sitio cercano a ti.[CR]  Todos los Addons en este repositorio han pasado por un periodo de pruebas básico, pero si encuentras algun addon que no funcione, por favor informa de ello al equipo de XBMC para que se pueda arreglar el fallo.</description>
        <description lang="hu">Kiegészítok letöltése és telepítése a hivatalos XBMC.org tárolóhelyrol.[CR] A hivatalos tárolóhely használatával kihasználhatod a kiterjedt tükör-szerver hálózatunkat, ami segít a gyorsabb letöltésben egy hozzád közelebb eso körzet használatával.[CR]  Minden kiegészíto ezen a tárolóhelyen átment egy alap tesztelésen. Ha mégis hibás vagy nem muködo kiegészítot találsz, kérünk jelezd az XBMC csapatnak, hogy megtegyük a szükséges lépseket.</description>
        <disclaimer>Team XBMC did not make all the add-ons on this repository and are not responsible for their content</disclaimer>
        <disclaimer lang="es">El equipo de XBMC no ha hecho todos los Addons en este repositorio y por consecuente no són responsables de su contenido</disclaimer>
        <platform>all</platform>
    </extension>
</addon> 

Assuming all that's correct I then add a trac ticket with the above info and my skin will appear in the 'All Add-Ons' section in XBMC.

Question - If I update the skin and change the version id in the addon.xml will XBMC automatically check that or do I submit a new trac ticket?

Thanks.
If you want to host it yourself, then you'll need to do three things:

1. Get your skin done up ready for Dharma (this is already done by the looks).
2. Setup your repository:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Addon_Repositories

You basically need 2 things on the repo:

A. addons.xml that basically just wraps all the addon.xml files from each addon you provide (in your case your alaska one) in <addons>.
B. the .zip file(s).

3. Do up a repository addon so that users can find your repo and get your addons.

This is repo addon that the addon.xml file you posted above (obviously altered to take out the xbmc.org references!) is for.

You can test this one by adding it to your local addons folder, and the repo will show up for you in the addons manager.

Once all is working for you, submit the repo addon to us and we'll stuff that in our repository so that all users can get it.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I've got as far as making the repo addon.xml but it's not showing up in the Add-ons manager when it's placed in my local addons folder.

Is this correct or do I need to change "xbmc.addon.repository" as well?

PHP Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<addon id="skin.alaska.revisited"
        name="Alaska Revisited Skin"
        version="1.0.0"
        provider-name="Hitcher">
    <extension point="xbmc.addon.repository"
        name="Alaska Revisited Skin Add-on Repository">
        <info compressed="true">http://www.mediafire.com/file/mtmyyxmoyne/addons.xml</info>
        <checksum/>
        <datadir zip="true">http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=e0ae3d3bdd95d698e7c82ed4b8f0c380d87037490894e295e04f31aacf568dab</datadir>
    </extension>
    <extension point="xbmc.addon.metadata">
        <summary>Install Add-ons for XBMC</summary>
        <description>Download and install Alaska Revisited for XBMC.</description>
        <disclaimer>Team XBMC did not make all the add-ons on this repository and are not responsible for their content</disclaimer>
        <platform>all</platform>
    </extension>
</addon> 

Thanks for your help.

EDIT: Here's the full host setup.

XBMC Add-ons/

addons.xml
skin.alaska.revisited/

changelog-1.0.0.zip
icon.png
skin.alaska.revisited-1.0.0.zip

This is the addons.xml -

PHP Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<addons>
    <addon
    id="skin.alaska.revisited"
        name="Alaska Revisited Skin"
        version="1.0.0"
        provider-name="Hitcher">
    </addon>
</addons> 
The repo shows up just fine here. I altered the id to repo.hitcher (and used the same foldername) but that won't make any difference.

I can't tell whether the <info> URL is correct or not (or if it supports gzip'd downloads) as mediafire is not reachable from behind the work firewall. It'll pop up in the debug log whether it successfully downloads addons.xml or not. If not, get rid of the compressed="true" attribute.

EDIT: The addons.xml file isn't valid, however. You need the full addon from your skin in there.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Thanks for your patience Jonathan, I think I finally understand everything.

Do you want to give this a go please?

http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-repo-hitch.../addon.xml

Thanks.

EDIT: Or should it a link to the raw file?

http://xbmc-repo-hitcher.googlecode.com/.../addon.xml
Try the attached - just cleaned up to the correct direct-access paths.

You might want to add an icon.png and changelog.txt. fanart.jpg if you want as well - these go next to your skin.alaska.revisited-1.0.0.zip file.

I just installed Alaska direct from your repo Wink

Cheers,
Jonathan

@Hitcher: Let me know when you're happy with the repo (eg you can provide an icon for the repo and/or a fanart image) and we're then quite happy to commit that to our repo so that all users get access to yours.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Thanks Jonathan.

Code:
<disclaimer>Hitcher made this skin - if it breaks, you get to keep the pieces</disclaimer>
Laugh

I like it so much I'm going to keep it.
Heh - I always love that line Smile

Hitcher Wrote:Thanks Jonathan.

Code:
<disclaimer>Hitcher made this skin - if it breaks, you get to keep the pieces</disclaimer>
Laugh

I like it so much I'm going to keep it.

HAHAHAHAHA !!!

I love it ! Rofl
jmarshall Wrote:Try the attached - just cleaned up to the correct direct-access paths.

You might want to add an icon.png and changelog.txt. fanart.jpg if you want as well - these go next to your skin.alaska.revisited-1.0.0.zip file.

I just installed Alaska direct from your repo Wink

Cheers,
Jonathan

Almost ready to go but there's one thing confusing me and that's the changelog.

Above you said I should add a changelog.txt but the wiki says it should be changelog-x.y.z.zip, so which is correct?

Once I know which one to keep Alaska Revisited's good to go using.

Thanks once again for all your help.

EDIT: Just tested it myself and it downloaded!
So if I followed this thread correctly since Alaska Revisted is in its own repo, if Hitcher would bump the revision from:

version="1.0.0"
to
version="1.0.1"

would that automatically update on my end....

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
As long as you install it from the repo through Add-ons..
Apparently it's changelog-x.y.z.txt

Cheers,
Jonathan

Fixed, you can now add it to your repo.

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
submitting skins for inclusion in dharma0