• 4(current)
MOD in progress
Update on main page with screens.

Update:
New animations and textures added to various parts of skin
New banner view mod

I have striped away most of the stuff that Ive not modded so that people can easily see what I have modded.

This is a full download not just an addon/overwrite.

As always this is full of bugs.
very very good animations Wink
I usually hate anything with banners but that was a pretty cool banner view...the 'extrafanart' looks really cool in that upper left window.

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
mcborzu Wrote:I usually hate anything with banners but that was a pretty cool banner view...the 'extrafanart' looks really cool in that upper left window.

yeah banners arnt my favourite either but they suited the new animation I was trying out so I gave it a bash. Im pretty happy with how it turned out. Smile
I was just about to write here when I saw you updated your addon (now new skin)...lol

I'm VERY close to finishing a movies Wall View with your look. I'll post some pictures in an hour or so.

I haven't looked at the full thing yet, but where you have the banners, would it be possible to use the logos instead? That could look pretty sweet, (especially for those who hate banners..lol)
Kallaide Wrote:I was just about to write here when I saw you updated your addon (now new skin)...lol

I'm VERY close to finishing a movies Wall View with your look. I'll post some pictures in an hour or so.

I haven't looked at the full thing yet, but where you have the banners, would it be possible to use the logos instead? That could look pretty sweet, (especially for those who hate banners..lol)

shouldnt be too hard to put a switch in for either I suppose, Ill give it a bash see how it looks.

Looking forward to seeing the wall view bud Smile

I prefer banners for that look if Im honest but Ill leave the switch in for the next update for those that want it.
So here it is, in all it's well whatever you wana call it...lol

I'm still trying to figure out what to do about the Title though. Anyways, let me know what you think.

Link: New Wall View

Looks good chief Smile

As for the title, Ive always had a problem with redundent information. No matter what skin you look at every view tells you at least one thing twice. So if it was me Id take it out and let the poster do the talking but thats just me. Smile Only other thing I can think off is maybe having it running parallel at the top coming from the right.

Anyway man good stuff keep it going Smile
I was thinking about aligning it to the right, but your idea on removing it all together looks 100x better.

Title has been removed!
i think removing the title is wrong.
1. not all covers have a title that is easy to spot. like that seems to be a batman movie in this screenshot.
2. not all movies get a cover and only get a frame from the movie as cover. usually Asian movies.
Currently addicted to Night. Watch this teaser and join the forum.
Get and request your ClearLOGOs from the ClearLOGO site and forum
Try my changes to the Night skin if u like how they looks
I think not removing the title is wronger Smile
1.I suggest a trip to the eye doctor as that is clearly Brooklyns Finest. The posters of any batman movie and Brooklyns finest are as dissimilar as two dissimilar things in a pod.
2.If the scraper doesnt get a poster might I suggest google as your back up plan.
I wasn't really planning on replying to your comments zwat, but ecks seems to have done a good job...lol

As a side note, not having a cover, that's what programs like Ember Media Manager are for.
1) i did not say brooklyn finest looked like a batman movie. i said that the movie that seems like a batman movie (8th movie from bottom left) doesn't seem to have a good poster to tell you what movie that is. therefore you need to show the title as text too.

2) i don't use mediamanagers. i don't add files to my moviedirectory but keep em as how they are when i get em. xbmc don't have write access to my movies. so i take whatever xbmc(scrapers) gives me.
Currently addicted to Night. Watch this teaser and join the forum.
Get and request your ClearLOGOs from the ClearLOGO site and forum
Try my changes to the Night skin if u like how they looks
Never been a great fan of wall view and still not even though yours looks great just not for me I have to agree the title does spoil it no matter where you put it.
and i see what Zwat is getting at there are a few movies I have that anyone else would have trouble recognising them from the covers.
But then thats what INFO is for :-)
which brings me nicely onto my next point request observation call it what you will...
I LOVE the animations on poster view but it still seems too much any chance you could make it on the info trigger ?
IE when i am sliding through my collection I get to the one I want if i press I viola the cool animation slides in
with all the relevant details on that series I then click on that series and it goes back to the poster view WITHOUT the animation ?
Not sure if i have explained it well but I hope you get what i mean, any news on the watched overlays ?
Please keep up the great work.
@Ram2000
Thats not a bad idea I was looking at a way for the animation not to pop up over Sets but a trigger would work for that. Watched overlays are being a pain in the ass lol should have something I like the look off be next week, but the stanard ones shouldnt disapear anymore and I have included the cover over the tv thumb for unwatched episodes. Theres a switch in skin settings called hide tv thumbs. The texture is a place holder for now till I find something I think goes.

@zwat
This mod is not for you as Ill be changing alot of things that will require that you use a media manager or the very least you add some things yourself for example the only way youll see a banner on the banner view is if you have a banner.jpg in your tv folder. It will not use anything else but banner.jpg and xbmc scrapers wont grab that I dont think unless there is a script I dont know about like for logos?

Edit - ok need help with triggers lol I was going to use down as the trigger but I forgot thats where the trailer trigger is. Ill figure something out but ideas are welcome.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MOD in progress0