• 5(current)
MOD in progress
i'm just saying what i think based on my experience with xbmc. i'm more of a fanart guy, but use wallview for actors and some other stuff. i guess that view would be pointless without the name showing as maybe 10% of actors get a picture and many actors u probably can't recognize by face. what about doing the title as redd's poster mod? he have it top centered (with a line under). i think that looks awesome.
Currently addicted to Night. Watch this teaser and join the forum.
Get and request your ClearLOGOs from the ClearLOGO site and forum
Try my changes to the Night skin if u like how they looks
[QUOTE=eckstheory;564049
Edit - ok need help with triggers lol I was going to use down as the trigger but I forgot thats where the trailer trigger is. Ill figure something out but ideas are welcome.[/quote]

How about having it on the same as Info (I) works well in the showcase skin and you allready have it showing the details ?

wish I could help more but skills are VERY limited :p
eckstheory Wrote:Image

Hey how do you get logos to show up in that view?!? I can get logos to show up in Landscape view, but not in bannerpanel view. Is your setup looking for a different naming system than the way landscape is doing it or what?

But otherwise everything else looks and works the way you have shown, and congrats to making the first (as far as I know) animated XBMC skin!!!! I just can't wait to see this skin complete and all flowing together and drift further away from the original night skin.

And in poster view I would love for the top and bottom to be there and when you pause on a movie it would just add the little bit to slide on top of it. Here is a picture to get an idea..

Anyway I hope this makes sense Wink.
I didnt add in the logo option to the release yet. I was planning to add it in a couple of weeks ago but Ive kinda stalled working on this Im trying get back into now so Ill put up a new build in a couple of hours with the little Ive done since 0.12. It will include the logo option on banner veiw and a minimalist OSD for playback, pause, ff, rw ect. For the osd I did away with the screen shot and just used clearart with the shows poster as backup should clearart be absent.
Update 0.13

Added case colours for blueray and hddvd(can be turned on and off)
added hide unwatched thumbnail for spolier free viewing
added switch in bannerpanel for logos/banners
added new minimalist osd for playback
added multiple new textures(some should be considered placeholders only)
Update

added name change
added music view(coverflow)

This should DEf have its own section now :-)
Love the new music look kinda makes me wish i didnt spend so long working on mine LoL
yea so big changes to this skin that it should have it's own name, release and forum Big Grin
Currently addicted to Night. Watch this teaser and join the forum.
Get and request your ClearLOGOs from the ClearLOGO site and forum
Try my changes to the Night skin if u like how they looks
Just testing this out like the way you have denoted Bluray :-)
One issue with teh music view when tabed to full screen its still showing the info from the first screen (love the animation for the music)

you can see it in the middle at the bottom.
not sure if this matters but in Viewtype_MusicShowcase.xml Line 46

Quote:<bordertexture border="4">onfluence/button-nofocus.png</bordertexture>

Is missing a C :p
Ram2000 Wrote:not sure if this matters but in Viewtype_MusicShowcase.xml Line 46

Is missing a C :p

whoops Smile good catch
Question 
I am enjoying searching through all the new skins that are coming along, but my one gripe above all is font size....
either it is my old eyes or bad resolution (I'm gonna go with the former, much more plausable) but if I can't read all the neat stuff that I scrape about my movies and music, next.... no matter how pretty it is...
I write this here with the intention of modifying the tiny fonts in those screenshots I see (or kinda see...)

Am I in need of glasses, or does anyone else agree?

thanks...

everything else looks amazing....this is my favourite skin..anxious to see more

djg
djgracie Wrote:I am enjoying searching through all the new skins that are coming along, but my one gripe above all is font size....
either it is my old eyes or bad resolution (I'm gonna go with the former, much more plausable) but if I can't read all the neat stuff that I scrape about my movies and music, next.... no matter how pretty it is...
I write this here with the intention of modifying the tiny fonts in those screenshots I see (or kinda see...)

Am I in need of glasses, or does anyone else agree?

thanks...

everything else looks amazing....this is my favourite skin..anxious to see more

djg

Youre not wrong, I did choose to go with smaller fonts as I felt they suited the style of the skin more. I suppose I never considered other peoples eyesight when working on this. Maybe at some ponit in the future Ill find a bigger font that works. Right now getting all the textures in place is the big job. Once I finish off the basic stuff depending on how much interest there is I may put in options for different colours and font sizes.
Is this not in its own section yet someone find me a moderator Right now......
Anyway i am LOVING the way this is progressing a couple of things I thought I would share,
There is no Music Fanart I hate the viz screen (why theres never been a good one created for XBMC ill never now) Will you be adding back the Music fanart option ? (I like to have mine feeding from a Highdef Scenic folder rather then artist level fanart)
I understand why you feel the need to add Flashy buttons but i would suggest trying to stay away from them.
Esp on the settings and yes no boxs theres really no need as long as you can see its highlighted I think ALska has got the best setup for this.
I also noticed when playing a movie the paused screen is all new I like it alot Please keep up the good work.
update 0.20

added new busy animation
added coverflow comics view with its own section on home
(based off Tension113 aeon mod)

added posterglass texture to landscape view(thanks to Redd)

added new Frosty under glass animation on home screen(switchable on/off)

also tidied up some code(and no doubt broke something)

What I lack in talent, I make up for in my pants!
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MOD in progress0