Suggestions and a few issues
OK, I'm somewhat new to XBMC on Linux, although I've been using it on Windows for a while. My OLD hardware finally died on me and won't boot. I broke down and bought myself a Zotac Zbox and setup you see in my sig. I figured it would be better hardware, in a smaller package, consuming less power.

I built it and setup the latest version of XBMC live on the HDD, so, I guess live works on a minimal install of Ubuntu 9.04. I know a little about ubuntu, but I'm not much for working in the terminal unless someone takes the time to work with me line-by-line.

Anyhow, I setup the basic stuff. All the hardware appears to work right out of the box, including my Gyration gear. I setup the SMB network to link to shows and music stored on my main computer. I have 2 issues to start out with.

1) Music files take a long time to load. When I select the song from my library, it takes about 15 seconds to play. Everything freezes for 15 seconds until it plays. Between songs, there's another 10-15 second delay, once again, I'm locked up until the music starts playing.

I thought it was a network issue, but I also have all my shows streaming off the same machine. From videos, if I select an episode I want to watch and hit play, it goes from the list to playing the video in under a second. It's only the music that's an issue.

2) I'm not sure if I'm getting internet. AFAIK, the only part of XBMC that directly accesses the internet (out of the box), is the weather. I can't load the weather, it just reads busy. I can't even set my home city, I select the default NY, enter my city, it searches for about 60 seconds, then goes back to NY.
XBMC Dharma 10.0, Transparency Skin, Windows 7, Zotac ZBOXHD-ID11 w/ION, 4GB RAM, 640GB HDD, Gyration KB/Remote

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Suggestions and a few issues0