• 134(current)
[DEPRECIATED] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script (previously OpenSubtitles OSD)
supported arabic subtitle ? or not !!!!!
Even though I love this plugin, sadly the latest usable version for me is 2.9.31 Sad . After that subtitles are being downloaded as temp_sub and I have "Disable hash search" unchecked and selecting movies in Library mode (actually having that option enabled or disabled makes no difference).

I've read all this thread thoroughly and nothing helps my problem.

I'm fine with 2.9.31 and so far I haven't felt the need to use the features in >= 2.9.32, but I'm afraid someday I will. The "temp_sub" feature should be removed, I wonder why was added in the first place. Why would anyone want a temporary subtitle if you're keeping the video for eternity...

EDIT: I'm not sure if this relevant but I *NEVER* unrar my movies. The greatest thing about XBMC is to store forever rar'ed movies/series. Is that a problem with your plugin? I think I saw an if ("rar://") then Temp = true and I think that's a mistake...
Scorpius Wrote:I've read all this thread thoroughly and nothing helps my problem.

sure?? Big Grin

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=103...count=1949
watheq Wrote:supported arabic subtitle ? or not !!!!!

I dont know, you tell us...
anteST Wrote:I just installed xbmc and xbmc subtitles maybe two weeks ago. Podnapisi worked maybe day or two and after that it just hangs on download. I tried reinstalling xbmc and xbmc subtitles several times but no luck.

hm, not sure what it is... will see if I can reproduce it and try to fix it
First of all, hello and thank you for your great and amazing program.I use XBMC on my ATV2, now I Install 1channel and your program for subtitles. I normally use Itasa when I use my torrent US TV series and work great .But now I want ot use with XBMC . I use your guide for install the add on, but when I start the TV Series( Grey anatomy) ItaSubs doesn't work, but other subs work. I use xbmc 11.0 .
I see a message that Itasa is only for TV Shows, but in 1 channel I use only TV Shows.So strange this
Could you help me with this problem ? Thank you in advance.
lulli Wrote:First of all, hello and thank you for your great and amazing program.I use XBMC on my ATV2, now I Install 1channel and your program for subtitles. I normally use Itasa when I use my torrent US TV series and work great .But now I want ot use with XBMC . I use your guide for install the add on, but when I start the TV Series( Grey anatomy) ItaSubs doesn't work, but other subs work. I use xbmc 11.0 .
I see a message that Itasa is only for TV Shows, but in 1 channel I use only TV Shows.So strange this
Could you help me with this problem ? Thank you in advance.

debug log please, my signature has howto
Just for the record, with Eden version of XBMC (any of it) Subscene.com doesnt work (just skips the search on that one)

Also, lets say today got out Spartacus s02e07... on OpenSubs and Podnapisi website it's listed as available to download but through XBMC isn't while all previous are... (e.g. s02e06 etc...) Why is that? Not just that show, but all subs for shows that appear in last day or two (but have subs available on regular subs websites) are non existent through XBMC...
macola Wrote:Just for the record, with Eden version of XBMC (any of it) Subscene.com doesnt work (just skips the search on that one)

Also, lets say today got out Spartacus s02e07... on OpenSubs and Podnapisi website it's listed as available to download but through XBMC isn't while all previous are... (e.g. s02e06 etc...) Why is that? Not just that show, but all subs for shows that appear in last day or two (but have subs available on regular subs websites) are non existent through XBMC...

I can't comment why some services don't have available subs, we use their API for search and download and if it's there we display it

Will have a look on subscene, debug log would help on that
Hi, Amet;
I have fixed encoding error of 2.9.33 and 2.9.34. but it broken at 2.9.35 again. It's so confusion of the coding now. I think it better to set a regular that use utf-8 as the default coding of XBMC Subtitle script, because XBMC use utf-8 as the internal charater coding. That meaning we translate all the charater into utf-8 at the input point, and only translate into unicode when use file access function of python.
(2012-03-12, 15:58)taxigps Wrote: Hi, Amet;
I have fixed encoding error of 2.9.33 and 2.9.34. but it broken at 2.9.35 again. It's so confusion of the coding now. I think it better to set a regular that use utf-8 as the default coding of XBMC Subtitle script, because XBMC use utf-8 as the internal charater coding. That meaning we translate all the charater into utf-8 at the input point, and only translate into unicode when use file access function of python.

hm, I wonder why it breaks for you now... see whats needed and I can push a quick fix again.

sorry, to fix one issue we have created many more unfortunately Sad
Hi

I also seem to have some kind of unicode issue when using Shooter.cn as a subtitle provider.

Here's a part of my debug log
http://pastebin.com/HWzAYZF7

I don't see an error there, but the message on-screen says 'Error:decoding Unicode is not supported' which is caused by this line

def genFileHash(fpath):
upath = unicode(fpath, 'utf-8')

in service.py

I tried setting upath to fpath, than it gives me an error onscreen the file/folder is not found
Hey guys,

got some Problems with the Plugin for a few days now, can't exactly say when it was starting to fail. I am not able to download a sub but the plugin can succesfully search for them. In the log file this happens for example for opensubitles.org

here is my log at pastebin: http://pastebin.com/HH5DHCVq

Any chance to get this working again? I am really missing this add-on!
hey, what about a new option:
- > download FOR EACH language, the first synced subtitle.
(2012-03-14, 00:59)hipp0 Wrote: Hey guys,

got some Problems with the Plugin for a few days now, can't exactly say when it was starting to fail. I am not able to download a sub but the plugin can succesfully search for them. In the log file this happens for example for opensubitles.org

here is my log at pastebin: http://pastebin.com/HH5DHCVq

Any chance to get this working again? I am really missing this add-on!

Full Debug Log please and make sure that you didn't switch the proxy on in xbmc settings
  • 134(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[DEPRECIATED] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script (previously OpenSubtitles OSD)7