• 20(current)
[DEPRECIATED] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script (previously OpenSubtitles OSD)
will add it to my to-do list

it can go to /.xbmc/sub_tmp/ thats the folder we use to download subs to and it gets cleaned up every time you run the addon.

thanks
Zeljko
Quote:Although I don't think it's necessary to delete that file

Well AFAIK there is no way to link subtitles with CD permamently, so you would have to download subtitles each time anyway. Why wasting disk space with files you won't need again or have to redownload them?
alex84 Wrote:...
Maby this is something that we will see in a future update or something
Hope this helps

Yea i have read the posts before but the problem is somewhat different. What i think is a bug in the addon is that it doesnt really search for the parent folder name when the movie is in a rar archive.

/Ant
Awesome app which I use all the time!

I have 2 questions about it:

1. A year ago in Aero I seem to remember there was an icon when the subtitle was for the hearing impaired and also a "sync" icon when it was the exact release. I now use Alaska Revisited and there's no icon anymore, so now I have to guess which subtitle to download. Has this been removed or is it a Alaska skin issue?

2. In library mode does it use folder name, file name or the name in the library to search after the subtitles? Right now my files are named prettily, like "Iron Man.avi". If I included the release group in the name, would this improve the app's ability to find the right subtitles? What is the correct way to name your files/folders or doesn't it matter when in library mode?
djon Wrote:Awesome app which I use all the time!

I have 2 questions about it:

1. A year ago in Aero I seem to remember there was an icon when the subtitle was for the hearing impaired and also a "sync" icon when it was the exact release. I now use Alaska Revisited and there's no icon anymore, so now I have to guess which subtitle to download. Has this been removed or is it a Alaska skin issue?

there was only "sync" icon ever, it is still there.

djon Wrote:2. In library mode does it use folder name, file name or the name in the library to search after the subtitles? Right now my files are named prettily, like "Iron Man.avi". If I included the release group in the name, would this improve the app's ability to find the right subtitles? What is the correct way to name your files/folders or doesn't it matter when in library mode?

if your file is in the library it doesnt matter what its called, script gets all it needs from XBMC and not from the file name,apart from the location and what to call the sub file.
As I always use the library for movies and tv-shows is this why I never see the Sync icon? If it just gets the correct movie name without release group, I guess it will never be able to get the exact subtitles?
djon Wrote:As I always use the library for movies and tv-shows is this why I never see the Sync icon? If it just gets the correct movie name without release group, I guess it will never be able to get the exact subtitles?

you will only see the "sync" button if the hash of the file is matched with the sub and that only works on Sublight, Podnapisi and OpenSubtitle service. mr_blobby has also added "sync" for some other services if the filename matches the subtitle found, in there the release group name would matter.
could you add support for http://www.italiansubs.net/? its the most comprehensive subtitle website for italian users.

I tried to use the already supported websites but they don't have much italian subs Sad
Thank you for your useful addon

i install it but i cant add to skin shortcut
i cant find Video OSD ??
ok i do it

but why it's not work with all skins?

and it's must be built it XBMC
Smile
Am using beta II of Dharma and the latest script. When I try to download subtitles for one particular movie, it reports "Downloading subtitles...", but it never completes.

after 10 minutes, I hit ESC and got a bleep with "error script failed"

My guess was that it is getting stuck on the folder name, due to being titled "Manuale d'amore 2". I renamed it, but no luck, still the same problem.

Other movies seem to be OK, but can't figure this glitch out.

A great plug-in. If I can help with debuging this any further, please let me know.

Code:
DEBUG: [Undertexter subtitle service]: Search string = Manuale d'amore 2
DEBUG: [Undertexter subtitle service]: Getting url: [url]http://www.undertexter.se/?group1=on&p=eng_search&add=arkiv&submit=S%F6k&select2=&select3=&select=&str=Manuale+d%27amore+2[/url]
DEBUG: [Undertexter subtitle service]: Getting 'en' subs ...
DEBUG: [Undertexter subtitle service]: Subtitles found: Manuale damore 2 Capitoli successivi (id = 65897)
DEBUG: [Undertexter subtitle service]: Fetching subtitles using url [url]http://eng.undertexter.se/download.php?id=65897[/url]
DEBUG: [Undertexter subtitle service]: Getting url: [url]http://eng.undertexter.se/download.php?id=65897[/url]
DEBUG: [Undertexter subtitle service]: Saving subtitles to '/Users/mike-media/.xbmc/temp/sub_tmp/undertexter.rar'
DEBUG: [Undertexter subtitle service]: Unpacked files in '/Users/mike-media/.xbmc/temp/sub_tmp'
DEBUG: [Undertexter subtitle service]: Unpacked subtitles file 'Manuale.D.Amore.2.DvdRip.2007.XviD.L3G.srt'
DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (/Users/mike-media/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/script.xbmc.subtitles/resources/skins/Default/720p/script-XBMC-Subtitles-main.xml) ------
ERROR: ClearBlock: Trying to clear non existent block /Users/mike-media/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/script.xbmc.subtitles
Mubbled Wrote:Am using beta II of Dharma and the latest script. When I try to download subtitles for one particular movie, it reports "Downloading subtitles...", but it never completes.

after 10 minutes, I hit ESC and got a bleep with "error script failed"

My guess was that it is getting stuck on the folder name, due to being titled "Manuale d'amore 2". I renamed it, but no luck, still the same problem.

Other movies seem to be OK, but can't figure this glitch out.

A great plug-in. If I can help with debuging this any further, please let me know.

Code:
When you hit 'esc' and 'error script failed' is briefly shown, then the error is logged in the logfile.
Please look for the line
-->Python script returned the following error<--
and give us the error that is logged.
and dont clip the logs, post a full debug log on pastebin site,and do not copy/paste them in the forum thread.
Hi everyone,

First off thanks for this addon - I've been waiting for something like this to streamline my HTPC setup for ages. I'm not using Dharma builds yet (I'm still with OpenSubtitles_OSD) but once a stable release is out I'm sure to upgrade.

I saw requests for other subtitle sites (for all you people asking for subscene - looking at the repository someone already worked that in for you Wink) and I understand your reluctance Amet towards working on adding everyone's favourite site, espacially while still working on the addon itself. However, since all the sites currently there have few Hebrew subtitles and what they do have was uploaded very late I figured I'd have a go at adding some sites (sratim.co.il which xbmc already supports for scraping, torec.net) myself.

I can read the python scripts just fine (I figured which methods in service.py I must implement and which ones are just private ones used for parsing etc') however I'm having problems with the HTML/webpage part of it all.
It seems one site (sratim) has the search pointing to the show's webpage, and I have to browse inside it using ASP (damn "web 2.0") to the specific season, episode and language to get a download link, while on the other one (torec) it's easier to get to the specific episode page but you need to select the specific release from an option box and run some javascript method they wrote that pops up a commercial and timer before you can download...

Is anyone up to helping me get started? I'd like to contribute (while improving XBMC for myself the way I need - OSS theory in practice Big Grin) but I'm really rusty on my web technologies...

Thanks.

Edit: I tried having a look at the scraper for sratim, I see it uses regex's to parse the data but it doesn't look like it can handle episode information, only movie/show. It did however show me that the search parameter for the asp script is "Keyword", i.e: http://www.sratim.co.il/movies/search.as...word=<show name>. I wonder if there's a way to make it search for a specific episode, maybe someone who worked on the scraper can help?
And sorry for the long post.
Hi I am using beta II of Dharma and the latest script (1.8.8). When I try to download subtitles it reports "Downloading subtitles...", but it never completes.

I get an error: "error script failed"

xbmc.log:

19:47:01 T:3026189168 M:2903777280 INFO: -->Python script returned the following error<--
19:47:01 T:3026189168 M:2903777280 ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IOError'>
19:47:01 T:3026189168 M:2903777280 ERROR: Error Contents: (2, 'No such file or directory', 'special://temp/sub_tmp/zipsubs.zip')
19:47:01 T:3026189168 M:2903777280 INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--
19:47:01 T:3026189168 M:2903777280 INFO: Python script stopped
19:47:01 T:3026189168 M:2903777280 DEBUG: Thread 3026189168 terminating
19:47:01 T:3049793392 M:2903904256 DEBUG: python thread 5 destructed

In /.xbmc/temp/sub_tmp/ i see a file: bierdopje_subs.srt

Any idea?
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[DEPRECIATED] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script (previously OpenSubtitles OSD)7