• 79(current)
[DEPRECIATED] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script (previously OpenSubtitles OSD)
UPDATE: Ok...you can ignore everything I wrote below cause everything I did manually is now done automatically by the addon itself...just update to latest version Smile

Hi everybody,
Amet (amazing guy!) finally fixed an issue which didn't make subtitles appear when using streamed contents (using Icefilms).
It's mostly a permission issue...so you have to...:
a) execute command into ssh: "mkdir /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/addon_data/script.xbmc.subtitles/sub_streaming" (without quotes)
b) execute command: "chown mobile /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/addon_data/script.xbmc.subtitles/sub_streaming/"
c) go into "Options | Advanced Options" and uncheck option: "Subtitle Download Folder As Movie";
d) enable "Custom Subtitle Download Path";
e) click on option: "Set Custom Download Path" and browse to "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/addon_data/script.xbmc.subtitles/sub_streaming/"

Now if you try to use Subtitles Addon with streamed videos, it should work Smile

(credits totally go to Amet for its patience and skills Smile ).
Xbmc just auto updated the add on to version 2.5.1 and now the add on doesnt work anymore. I just get a blank screen when trying to search for subtitles and the option to configure the add on is greyed out and not selectable anymore. My other htpc still running the 2.5.0 version is working just fine. Both are running offical stable version of xbmc with aeon mq2 skin. Already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the add on but no succes. Anybody have the same issues with 2.5.1?
Hi Smile

First i will start to welcome my self to XBMC and this forum Big Grin

I was wondering if somebody could help me to add "norsub.com" - Norwegian subtitle site to this application have tried looking in to it my self but was to complicated for me Tongue

Thanks i forehand and hope somebody can help Smile

Regards
OlaDonk
distorted1 Wrote:Xbmc just auto updated the add on to version 2.5.1 and now the add on doesnt work anymore. I just get a blank screen when trying to search for subtitles and the option to configure the add on is greyed out and not selectable anymore. My other htpc still running the 2.5.0 version is working just fine. Both are running offical stable version of xbmc with aeon mq2 skin. Already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the add on but no succes. Anybody have the same issues with 2.5.1?

Yeah i have the exact same problem, i cant get the subtitle addon to work after the auto update.
johansjg Wrote:Yeah i have the exact same problem, i cant get the subtitle addon to work after the auto update.

...same here

:confused2:
Anyone with the debug log?
hartman Wrote:...same here

:confused2:

Confirmed here as well. Gui pops up but no progress ("Searching..." missing from the top) and can't navigate to the right to choose a service.
amet Wrote:Anyone with the debug log?
See my comment at the end of this page:
https://github.com/amet/script.xbmc.subt...019f31a865
An invalid xml for settings breaks the addon.
Remove the end tag for "category" at the end of line 48 of settings.xml and the addon works again.
2.5.2/2.9.11 are out to fix it.. Thx to TheUni
Good to see that people are using it Smile
mr_blobby Wrote:See my comment at the end of this page:
Remove the end tag for "category" at the end of line 48 of settings.xml and the addon works again.

Thx for the find, I should test this before pushing Smile
distorted1 Wrote:Xbmc just auto updated the add on to version 2.5.1 and now the add on doesnt work anymore. I just get a blank screen when trying to search for subtitles and the option to configure the add on is greyed out and not selectable anymore. My other htpc still running the 2.5.0 version is working just fine. Both are running offical stable version of xbmc with aeon mq2 skin. Already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the add on but no succes. Anybody have the same issues with 2.5.1?

Same here, autoupdate to 2.5.1, after that the 'configure' option is grayed-out and the add-on does nothing.

winXP
Youckle Wrote:Same here, autoupdate to 2.5.1, after that the 'configure' option is grayed-out and the add-on does nothing.

winXP

How bout that 2.5.2 that I just posted about?? **sigh**
mr_blobby Wrote:See my comment at the end of this page:

Thanks!!Smile
amet Wrote:How bout that 2.5.2 that I just posted about?? **sigh**

i'll do that. starting XBMC while I type. unistalling add-on, reinstalling - same version: 2.5.1 .. i'll wait for tomorrows autoupdate.

Sorry ... had not refreshed the page after going through the registration process to file this post. Now I see you fixed it.

** FIXED ** by todays autoupdate, thanks Amet
I can't download any subtitles at all. All I can do is press Esc to go back. It happens with every video file. Can I disabledisable that auto update? script is no longer working
  • 79(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[DEPRECIATED] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script (previously OpenSubtitles OSD)7