• 80(current)
[DEPRECIATED] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script (previously OpenSubtitles OSD)
Thank you Amet for all the work.

I would like to suggest a feature. It would be of great value if the screen that shows the search results, also showed the actual file name of the video. This way we would be able to choose, among the results, one subtitle synchronized with the rip we are using.

Frequently when I see the search results I find myself leaving the screen in order to check which the rip is, and then getting back to the results to pick the correct one.

Anyway, thank you for everything.
JoaoGuilherme Wrote:Thank you Amet for all the work.

I would like to suggest a feature. It would be of great value if the screen that shows the search results, also showed the actual file name of the video. This way we would be able to choose, among the results, one subtitle synchronized with the rip we are using.

Frequently when I see the search results I find myself leaving the screen in order to check which the rip is, and then getting back to the results to pick the correct one.

Anyway, thank you for everything.

Check addon settings, it exists already
mr_blobby Wrote:See my comment at the end of this page:
https://github.com/amet/script.xbmc.subt...019f31a865
An invalid xml for settings breaks the addon.
Remove the end tag for "category" at the end of line 48 of settings.xml and the addon works again.

Fix worked like a charm. Thanx! Haven tried 2.5.2 update but i guess it will work as well. Now i can get back to using this awesome add on Smile
amet Wrote:Check addon settings, it exists already

That's great, thank you and sorry.
JoaoGuilherme Wrote:That's great, thank you and sorry.

hehe, no problem.. I should do more detailed instructions
Hello Amet!

Sorry, but I couldn't PM you. Maybe because my account is brand new here, or I just wasn't looking hard enough... anyway I wrote a subtitle scraper for the Hungarian subtitle site feliratok.info. You can download it from BitBucket:
https://bitbucket.org/kispaljr/xbmc-hungarian-subtitles
(I recommend the 'get source' link on the right to download it as a zip).

You can check the code and make it part of the official plugin if you feel so. I even verified this with the site owners.
If you have any recommendations to improve the code please let me know, I will make the necessary changes, or I can even give you access to the BitBucket project.

Thank you for the plugin and keep up the good work,
kispaljr
haku Wrote:Hello Amet!

Sorry, but I couldn't PM you. Maybe because my account is brand new here, or I just wasn't looking hard enough... anyway I wrote a subtitle scraper for the Hungarian subtitle site feliratok.info. You can download it from BitBucket:
https://bitbucket.org/kispaljr/xbmc-hungarian-subtitles
(I recommend the 'get source' link on the right to download it as a zip).

You can check the code and make it part of the official plugin if you feel so. I even verified this with the site owners.
If you have any recommendations to improve the code please let me know, I will make the necessary changes, or I can even give you access to the BitBucket project.

Thank you for the plugin and keep up the good work,
kispaljr

Hi

thx a lot for the code, but... could you do a pull request on github please... I have asked everyone to do the same, its only fair you do that as well Smile

makes updating the service much easier for you and for me

cheers,
amet
Hello

First thanks for putting all this effort into the addon, it really works great Smile

I'd like to ask if its possible to have the script to be run whenever you play a show or movie, so it automatically downloads the first sync subtitle? I know I just have to press a single button for it to do this, but I'm usually operating my XBMC using my iphone, and pressing the subtitle button using my iphone app is pretty annoying. Sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldnt find anything about it.

Thanks

Rune
RuneSP Wrote:Hello

First thanks for putting all this effort into the addon, it really works great Smile

I'd like to ask if its possible to have the script to be run whenever you play a show or movie, so it automatically downloads the first sync subtitle? I know I just have to press a single button for it to do this, but I'm usually operating my XBMC using my iphone, and pressing the subtitle button using my iphone app is pretty annoying. Sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldnt find anything about it.

Thanks

Rune

There is nothing we can do in an addon to make it download automatically Sad

XBMC would have to call it when starting the playback, it would have to be added to core as it doesn't exist ATM, Not sure we want it in core tbh.
Okay I see. Is it possible to run the script for multiple files? for instance having it download (synced) subtitles for a whole season or show, by running the script for each individual episode?
RuneSP Wrote:Okay I see. Is it possible to run the script for multiple files? for instance having it download (synced) subtitles for a whole season or show, by running the script for each individual episode?

Nope, addon uses playing file to search for and library info( ep, season) for tv shows
amet Wrote:thx a lot for the code, but... could you do a pull request on github please... I have asked everyone to do the same, its only fair you do that as well Smile
t

OK, I will do it in a couple of days (currently I am really busy)

kispaljr
haku Wrote:OK, I will do it in a couple of days (currently I am really busy)

kispaljr

cheers
Hello, I have this plug in installed on XBMC Live and Linux Mint 10 (Ubuntu 10.10), and I also have installed in OSX ATV and WIndows.

Only on the Mint and XBMC live versions am I unable to use the XBMC Subtitles add on. The icon is unavailable. It is installed and active in the skin.

Do you have any ideas or a fix?

Thanks
MarkosJal Wrote:Hello, I have this plug in installed on XBMC Live and Linux Mint 10 (Ubuntu 10.10), and I also have installed in OSX ATV and WIndows.

Only on the Mint and XBMC live versions am I unable to use the XBMC Subtitles add on. The icon is unavailable. It is installed and active in the skin.

Do you have any ideas or a fix?

Thanks

you have activated it in skin and set path to it? it should be exactly the same on all platforms.

what is a XBMC version on ATV and WIN? and what is it on Live?
  • 80(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[DEPRECIATED] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script (previously OpenSubtitles OSD)7