Browsing to Windows Share does not accept username and password
Hi,
Firstly i'm still very new to Linux and xbmc. I recently made the change from Windows media center to XBMC Live (XBMC so far works a lot more smoothly), I wanted to add TV support so i followed a guide that uses MythBuntu

I have most of that working but i have come across a problem. Originally i couldn't see my computer because of the workgroup name. i updated that and now i can see the shares ok in XBMC but when i try to add them it asks for a User and Password, when i enter the details in i select ok and it just asks for the User and Password again, no error

It seems like a configuration issue of some sore because boot into the XBMC Live partition the same share works and accepts my username and password. Does anyone know what i should try next?
its the windows shares (SMB) I assume that you are having trouble accessing? If that is the case hit the start button, you will see a search box, search for workgroup, then select change workgroup name then click on network ID and you should see two choices home and business network, select home. After selecting home you will be prompted to restart. If that does not fix the problem go into your shared folder properties and add everyone to the list. Hope that helps. If you need anything else pm me.
Its not a problem with the windows share, I have 2 separate partitions with xbmc installed, the first was installed using the XBMC Live iso. This partition can connect to the windows share without any problems

The second partition was installed using the Mythbubntu iso. This one is the one i am having an issue with connecting to the windows share.

there is one thing i noticed, i get about a 40sec delay during boot and then get this error

nForce2_smbus 0000:00:02.1: Error probing SMB2.

now sure if that number is exactly the same, but it sounds like it could be the issue. any thoughts?
Its not a problem with the windows share, I have 2 separate partitions with xbmc installed, the first was installed using the XBMC Live iso. This partition can connect to the windows share without any problems

The second partition was installed using the Mythbubntu iso. This one is the one i am having an issue with connecting to the windows share.

there is one thing i noticed, i get about a 40sec delay during boot and then get this error

nForce2_smbus 0000:00:02.1: Error probing SMB2.

now sure if that number is exactly the same, but it sounds like it could be the issue. any thoughts?
i get exactly the same problems, even the nforce thing too, anyone got any ideas?
a workaround for this is just setting up a master share so to speak...crate a share using the ip address of the machine that the media is on and make sure that folders where your media is stored are shared, you should see a share for that given ip and be all set. Hope you were able to follow me on that one.
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Browsing to Windows Share does not accept username and password0