openbox + XBMC + Joggler
Hello all!

I've been trying to figure out a rather simple, yet seemingly hard issue with my little project.

about 3 weeks ago, i imported a joggler and I've been playing with it ever since. My main goal is to have a touch screen linux desktop, alarmclock, and media-center for my room.

Following two guides basically has got me everything that I've wanted, But one little issue has presented itself that i cant seem to figure out.

To maintain touchscreen support within xbmc, it needs to be run windowed, and the only way ( that I've heard of ) was to run openbox window manager, and launch xbmc.

That works awesome, and i get the full experience that i'm looking for, but i find my self unable to log off of openbox to log back in with gnome and use the thing as a linux desktop/etc.

So can anyone thing of a command off of the top of your head that i could add to the DialogButtonMenu.xml file to get me back to the GUI login so i can change back to gnome?

i've tried:
gnome-session-save --kill

that got me out to bash, then halted and rebooted the computer.. Back to openbox.

killall gnome-session

That kicked me out to bash, then halted and rebooted it, apon booting again though, i was back at the Gui login screen ( What i wanted ) but it wouldn't allow me to login with my username/password saying it was unable to authenticate.

Anyone have any ideas or something to try?
I'd like to find out what the command that is executed by the logout button in the GUI to i can recreate that...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
openbox + XBMC + Joggler0