19.5 cm x 18.6 cm x 7 cm
1 x Core i3-330M / 2.13 GHz
RAM 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM - 1066 MHz
1 x 320 GB - standaard - Serial ATA-300
Optische opslag
DVD-Brander / BD-ROM
Graphics controller Intel HD Graphics
Audio output 7.1 channel surround
Netwerkadapter - Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n
ENERGY STAR Gekwalificeerd

this is available for 672 euro's ...

http://azerty.nl/0-1253-281117/asrock-co...s-1-x.html

is this good value for money? and how about noise? does anybody know if they make a lot of noise? On the website of Asrock the say it makes only 25db. but I do not know wath this means...
http://www.http://www.asrock.com/nettop/...Model=Core 100HT-BD

will this be better than the Shutlle SX35? Which should come out this month?

thx

smalla
Better is a matter of opinion. That's a core i3. Its a pretty powerful processor with somewhat low power consumption. It's an overkill if you're just looking for a media center. The Shuttle SX35 is alot smaller and will handle 1080p video just fine and use alot less energy and likely cost alot less(tho they've been saying "next month" since like feb and I finally gave up yesterday and bought an ion1 kit.)

That is a rocking good machine tho. Very powerful and should run most games at very decent high settings and fps. So if you're looking for a small, powerful computer that can double as a media center as well then that looks really excellent. As for the price. I thought about building a mini core i3 myself while waiting for ion2 boards to come out and it added up to somewhere just under 700 dollars US. Asrock charges a premium but I hear they build solid machines(never had one myself.) Not sure what 672 euro's is in dollars right now.. maybe 850-900 bucks? You could built it cheaper. So I guess it depends on how good you are with hardware and what your time is worth. Me? I like building things myself but if I didn't I'd think $150 dollars is a fair mark up price on this item. I'd say it's a fair deal(note: I didnt say good deal)
It's about £560 it's a bit steep but i know it will be good as i have the asrock ion330HT, and it's almost silent. does anybody know how much the shuttle is going to be?
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
I don't think it's worth the money as you only get the integrated intel graphics which kinda stinks compared to a VDPAU-capable nvidia core.
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
Hannes The Hun Wrote:I don't think it's worth the money as you only get the integrated intel graphics which kinda stinks compared to a VDPAU-capable nvidia core.
That may be but some of us use the better windows 7 so therefore would be worth the money.Cool
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
paul Wrote:That may be but some of us use the better windows 7

okay, that joke goes to you Cool
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Hannes The Hun Wrote:I don't think it's worth the money as you only get the integrated intel graphics which kinda stinks compared to a VDPAU-capable nvidia core.

Who needs gpu acceleration when you have a core i3 cpu?
I'm not fond of these slow core i3 CPUs if you can get an atom&Ion system that does the same job (i.e. XBMC and full HD playback) at a much lower price point

sure, if you plan to use the system with more CPU-intensive tasks such as windows 7 and office you *might* have a point there, but as an XBMC media center I still see no advantage over the proven atom/Ion combo, and please keep the price in mind
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Hannes The Hun Wrote:I'm not fond of these slow core i3 CPUs if you can get an atom&Ion system that does the same job (i.e. XBMC and full HD playback) at a much lower price point

sure, if you plan to use the system with more CPU-intensive tasks such as windows 7 and office you *might* have a point there, but as an XBMC media center I still see no advantage over the proven atom/Ion combo, and please keep the price in mind

I completely agree. But if you're looking to emulator greater than n64 the core i3 will no doubt run the gamecube/wii emulator easily and I imagine even the xbox one. If you're going to encode/transcode or edit video this would be a good small system to do so. But like I said in my first post.. its a waste of alot of money if you're only using it for xbmc.
Riffmaker Wrote:I completely agree. But if you're looking to emulator greater than n64 the core i3 will no doubt run the gamecube/wii emulator easily and I imagine even the xbox one. If you're going to encode/transcode or edit video this would be a good small system to do so. But like I said in my first post.. its a waste of alot of money if you're only using it for xbmc.

Do you think that ityl handle wii games at a HD resolution? 720p ideally.
If this is true I would definitely be interested in this machine.

Also will the i3 use the CPU or gpu (onboard) to process HD video?
If anybody gets hold of one of these id like a killa movie to be tested, like terminator 2.
AFAIK Dolphin 2.0 needs an i5 (quad core) CPU to run wii games with good speed
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Hannes The Hun Wrote:AFAIK Dolphin 2.0 needs an i5 (quad core) CPU to run wii games with good speed

Thanks for the info, I hope someone gets one of these soon.
Hi just got the ASRock Core 100ht-bd.

I installed:
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
XBMC with DSPlayer (Build 33619)
http://dsplayer.passion-xbmc.org/index.php
I did the full install with ffdshow

I followed this guide:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO:_Using_DSPlayer

Per the guide, I changed my mkv playback to ffdvideodec

When i play an mkv 1080p dts file with dsplayer i never see picture. instead the screen just flashes once and it stops

attached is the debug file but i don't know what i'm looking at or what to do

i have the debug file but i don't know how to include it in a post

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Asrock COre 100 ht-bd0