[MAC] Unable to stream an UDP stream
Question 
Hey all,

I tried XBMC on my iMac about a week ago and am impressed with it, looks like a proper HTPC program, finally ... Smile

The program played pretty much everything I threw at it, but I'm having problems getting an UDP stream from the internet to play.

Here's my setup:

An external server (VLC on Windows) is sending a video stream (muxed as transport stream, PAL, MPEG2 for video, MP2 for audio) to my public address via UDP on port 6666.

Since my iMac is behind a router (Linksys), I have this port (6666) forwarded to my local IP (192.168.1.106).

At this point, if I use VLC to open a network stream (unicast, just input port 6666 or multicast and input my IP - 192.168.1.106 and port - 6666), the video plays normally but won't do so using XBMC.

I searched the forums and saw that I needed to create an STRM file and put it somewhere where XBMC can access. I did so, but still no success. As a matter of fact, I tried several different files but to no avail.

Here are the files that I tried with ... http://pastebin.com/JkpiRgYW

Needless to say, none of them worked. Here's the full log of when I tried opening one by one, one after the other .... http://pastebin.com/UB43nfxD

I tried capturing the stream with VLC and re-streaming it via HTTP to 127.0.0.1:12345, which worked, but crashed VLC when I "left" the stream in XBMC. Anyhow, I'd prefer if VLC wasn't necessary and I could capture UDP traffic directly.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Anyone?

FWIW, I also tried with the Windows version and couldn't get it to work.
Also tried playing all the .strm files with the other player (PAPlayer), still nothing.

It appears to be working for the multicast streams, but not unicast. Is this reproducible and therefore a bug, can anyone give it a try?

Just use a VLC to stream (UDP) from one computer to the other on the LAN and see if it works.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] Unable to stream an UDP stream0