XBMC Doctor Who "Specials" Naming convention
Hi,

I have many Doctor Who episodes and have no problem naming them so that XBMC recognises the. These include the classic series, 2005 and the 2005 specials. However, I'm struggling to find a naming convention which TVDB recognises for classic series "specials" such as the Five Doctors and the 1996 TV Movie. Does anyone have any idea what I need to do? I know that the 2005 specials are names s00eXX and that works fine.

Thanks in anticipation of your help.
Those are probably movies that you need to place into a separate folder and scan through IMDB and as such do not find entries on Tvdb as are neither miniseries or series
nickryder59 Wrote:Hi,

I have many Doctor Who episodes and have no problem naming them so that XBMC recognises the. These include the classic series, 2005 and the 2005 specials. However, I'm struggling to find a naming convention which TVDB recognises for classic series "specials" such as the Five Doctors and the 1996 TV Movie. Does anyone have any idea what I need to do? I know that the 2005 specials are names s00eXX and that works fine.

Thanks in anticipation of your help.
1) surf to thetvdb.com and manually find your episode like Five Doctors > Specials > Episode
2) name your episode appropriately, ie x.s00e05
3) if your special is not in thetvdb.com make an nfo file for it
a) read the wiki how to do this, or use a media manager like ember.

|-<:)
xbmchead Wrote:1) surf to thetvdb.com and manually find your episode like Five Doctors > Specials > Episode
2) name your episode appropriately, ie x.s00e05
3) if your special is not in thetvdb.com make an nfo file for it
a) read the wiki how to do this, or use a media manager like ember.

|-<Smile

Many thanks. To take one example, The 1996 TV Movie is listed on thetvdb.com at the following link - http://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=episode&seri...4263&lid=7

It is listed as episode 5 so I have named it s00e05 the Movie.avi (and many variations of this) and for some reason XBMC always picks it up as Flesh & Stone which is episode 5 from Dr Who 2005 series.

By the way I have separate folders for Doctor Who and Doctor Who 2005 which always works when I name them correctly if that makes sense?

Thanks again for replying but I'm stuck on this Confused
I know this is an old thread, but this post is for future reference.

For the scraper to get the correct episode information, the show will have to use the correct series run.

To change it, you can open the context menu for the show, go to "tv show information" and click refresh. It should give you a list of the different runs, like "Doctor Who (en)," "Doctor Who (2009) (en)," "Doctor Who (2005) (en)." Select the correct run for the corresponding episode, and it should use the correct episode info.
Specials should also go in the "Specials\" directory under the name of the TV Show. It shouldn't be in the season folders.
Hello.

I am using this thread as reference.

I created some directories under my Doctor Who 2005 folder.

I have a season 1, season 2, season 3, season 4, season 5 and Specials folder.

The TVDB scraper indentified every episode of every season. I went over to the TVDB website and then proceeded to name every special episode with the number on that list. As an example, I am using this naming convention:

"Doctor.Who.2005.s00ep07.Voyage.of.the.Damned.avi"

I see the scraper is recognizing the episodes but it is not showing any info. Most important, it is not showing the Specials on the tv show menu. IT shows all the seasons and the episodes but not the specials.

What could I be doing wrong?
I am such an idiot!

Found my problem.

I was using S00EP00

The P does not belong!

S00E00 is the way to go!

So, let my mistake serve as an example.

Also, I did clean my files a little and got rid of all the dots.

Everything is showing up nice and dandy.
Smile I was very confused yesterday when I read you were still having problems. I was going to give it another shot today, but I'm glad you figured it out.
Living Room: ASUS Chromebox / OpeneElec 5 / Kodi 14.2
Bedroom: Amazon FireTV Stick / Kodi 14.2
Home Office: Amazon FireTV Stick / Kodi 14.2
Windows Server: Intel Core i3-2100T / 8GB Ram / 48TB / MySQL / StableBit DrivePool on Server 2012 R2 Standard
OK I did a search and came up with this thread. Sorry to ressurect but I am having the same problem here. I have my structure like this:

x:\TV Series\Doctor Who\Season 1-7 (Individual folders) as well as a Specials folder.

Went to TVDB .com and named the episodes according to TVDB and this thread. IE: S00E02.avi which should be, according to TVDB, The Christmas Invasion.

It STILL doesn't see any of the specials anywhere in the Doctor Who series through XBMC I rescanned, removed and re-added the folders and even dropped the S00E02.AVI in the proper season folder.

Ideas? Am I missing something?
GOT IT!!!

Ended up Removing all files etc from the folders and renaming to Doctor.Who.2005.S00E17.insertspecialnamehere.AVI. Removed the Show from television and renamed the Master folder to Doctor Who (2005). THAT did the trick....what a pain in the tardis!
you should check out filebot,
its the most amazing file renaming software I've ever used, and I tried them all!
It uses scrapers to get the best names, and you can choose whichever scraper you choose.
Check it out here: http://www.filebot.net/
I've used it to cleanup my entire library with good naming conventions
Also it preserves and accepts folder/multiple file input, and preserves the folder structure

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Doctor Who "Specials" Naming convention0