Two logos, same show
Somehow I ended up with two different logos for the same show, one at the Fanart view and another at the episode level. I've tried removing the logo.png and rescanning, removing the whole show from the library and rescanning but they both keep coming back.

Ideas?

Thanks,
-stoli-
Couple of ideas?

1. Do you have only one logo at the root of TV show and not any other on different levels?

2. Did you have the one on the first image first then change it later...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
mcborzu Wrote:Couple of ideas?

1. Do you have only one logo at the root of TV show and not any other on different levels?

2. Did you have the one on the first image first then change it later...

1 - Correct
2 - Yes

Currently the logo.png matches what is seen at the season level screen and is the second logo I downloaded via the script.
-stoli-
My guess is the way things are getting cached now:

I have logo1 and I never entered episode level...
Then I changed logo1 to logo2 and when I enter season or episode level for the first time the new logo shows on episode level while the old one shows on TV level...

Same thing just happen for me, I never ventured into episode level on "South Park". I've since changed my logo and now I have the new logo on episode level because it's the first time being cached....

Unfortunately only way to resolve the issue is too delete the thumbnail files inside userdata folder.

**EDIT**
Actually it's view based, if you never used a view then changed a logo it will show the new logo on the view you never used before and show the old one on views you have used and has had the images cached on...

Well that sucks. Guess it's the price of new 'features'. Smile

Thanks for the quick replies.
-stoli-
You could always remove the image cache folder.
I still can't fathom the logic of xbmc caching images the way it does in newer builds but *shrug*.
Removing the images from cache didn't help either, it just left the show with no logos and downloading again didn't work. I had to remove the logos, remove the show and then add it back in.
-stoli-
That makes no sense. If you remove the cache and restart xbmc it will have to rescan the image.
Unless this has something to do with the image download script which I do not use and have no idea how it might affect the cache.
No I gave it a test, you delete the cache folder and you lose pretty much everything...thumbs, logos, etc.

I guess it's just the way it works. Before if you look at your log:

loading texture: D:Tv Shows/Bones/logo.png

Now it's:

loading texture: Userdata/thumbnails/4/587776239.tbn

hikaricore Wrote:That makes no sense. If you remove the cache and restart xbmc it will have to rescan the image.
Unless this has something to do with the image download script which I do not use and have no idea how it might affect the cache.

it doesn't affect the cache.
this was not caching before.
hikaricore Wrote:That makes no sense. If you remove the cache and restart xbmc it will have to rescan the image.

I would have thought so too...

To be certain, I just repeated the process. After removing the two cached logos there were none displayed at the top level or season episode level. Using the script to download a new one and it returned successful, but no logo ever showed up. Even tried a refresh of all episodes to no avail.

Edit: It appears to be even worse - until I changed the path to the show, it would not load a logo file again; it would just remain blank.

There's got to be a better way to clear cached images....
-stoli-
By clearing the cache I didn't mean delete the whole Thumbnails directory..
For starters the new dds directory is where images have been caching that aren't a poster, fanart, etc.
Now it appears that this has been rapidly changing.

In the past most of the other stuff was stored in the Video directory which should never be deleted for any reason.
But best I can tell more and more is spilling out into the Thumbnails directory and it's becoming a mess.

When this first started occurring I would remove only the files/directories which contained the cached logo images (this appears to be moving around now) and restart xbmc.
Problem was solved. As I've not had to do this for some time I'm not up to speed on the current state of the beast.
The best option to fix this problem is to delete the file Textures.db in your C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Database once that is done you can restart xbmc and it should load your new logo.
Ah ha so they compounded the problem by making an image database... makes sense why we couldn't figure it out.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Two logos, same show0