Keyboard/Remote stops working after 5 mins
Hi Guys,

Sorry to dig up an old post but I'm having virtually the same issue. For some reason, Windows loses focus of XBMC and then the keyboard and mouse won't work.

My setup:
- Windows 7 32-bit
- Hauppauge PVR-350 Capture Card With 45-button remote
- AMD Athlon II (3.1 GHz)
- 1 GB of RAM (soon to be 3 GB).
- Asus M4A785-M Motherboard with integrated HDMI.

I was originally hoping I could "fix" this issue by associating the green power button on the remote with XBMC so it would always restore focus.

So in my IRRemote.ini, I added something like:
--------
[default]
GRNPOWER={run(c:\Program Files\XBMC\XBMC.exe)}
------------

The problem is that the remote still doesn't work when focus is lost... if I ALT-TAB to the desktop... and THEN press the green power button, XBMC will come back and the remote will work.

Any ideas here? Maybe I'm approaching this the wrong way? I was wondering if I could leverage SENDMSG or the find window feature...

-M
I'm not familar with the Hauppauge remote, but the behaviour you describe certainly sounds odd. I wonder if no window has the focus so no keyboard messages are being sent. The best, though probably not the easiest, course has to be to find out what is stealing the focus.

JR
Have you got any buttons programed to send XBMC specific commands? like go to Movies?

This should bring focus back to XBMC.

I have the same problem, sometimes I press the greenbutton to go to home screen, and the remote works again. Other times I need to alt-tab out and back in.
thecgmguy Wrote:Hi Guys,

Sorry to dig up an old post but I'm having virtually the same issue. For some reason, Windows loses focus of XBMC and then the keyboard and mouse won't work.

My setup:
- Windows 7 32-bit
- Hauppauge PVR-350 Capture Card With 45-button remote
- AMD Athlon II (3.1 GHz)
- 1 GB of RAM (soon to be 3 GB).
- Asus M4A785-M Motherboard with integrated HDMI.

I was originally hoping I could "fix" this issue by associating the green power button on the remote with XBMC so it would always restore focus.

So in my IRRemote.ini, I added something like:
--------
[default]
GRNPOWER={run(c:\Program Files\XBMC\XBMC.exe)}
------------

The problem is that the remote still doesn't work when focus is lost... if I ALT-TAB to the desktop... and THEN press the green power button, XBMC will come back and the remote will work.

Any ideas here? Maybe I'm approaching this the wrong way? I was wondering if I could leverage SENDMSG or the find window feature...

-M

Have almost the same config (except MB and CPU). Didn't have such problem in 9.11, but since I have tested RC3 and this final the problem persists.
I can provoke the problem if I press PAUSE (on remote which simulate pressing P key on the keybord), after some time the keybord stops responding, but I can use the mouse to close XBMC....

Regarding all that it looks to me that it's XBMC's problem somehow...
It's not pretty but in my particular case, I may have found a way around it. I recently noticed that changing the volume with the hauppauge remote seems to cause issues. Not sure if it's always caused this or a secondary issue.

In any event, I commented out the volume keys for the XBMC section in the IRemote.ini file and haven't noticed an issue since... so far...

(I have a sneaky suspicion that as soon as I write this, it'll stop working again Oo).

Anyway, I'll keep you guys posted. If anyone gets this working perfectly, it would be great if you could share your irremote.ini file so we can see what's different.

-M
Thats weird, because the volume ALWAYS works on my config. But then it's one of the few buttons not configured via keyboard emulation.
scottc Wrote:Thats weird, because the volume ALWAYS works on my config. But then it's one of the few buttons not configured via keyboard emulation.

That could be part of it... maybe the global volume settings were interfering with the application-specific volume settings? In any event, it's been working fine so far (fingers crossed lol).

Still would LOVE to see a "perfect" irremote.ini Big Grin

-M
i am having some similar issues also.. it didnt start happening until i upgraded to version 10.

But i'll be using the remote just fine and then it just stops responding, i have to then grab the keyboard/mouse and exit out of xbmc and start it back up and its fine.

really bugging the heck out of me
panaman Wrote:i am having some similar issues also.. it didnt start happening until i upgraded to version 10.

But i'll be using the remote just fine and then it just stops responding, i have to then grab the keyboard/mouse and exit out of xbmc and start it back up and its fine.

really bugging the heck out of me

What are your system details? I'm curious if we're all using the same remote / ir receivers...

-M

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keyboard/Remote stops working after 5 mins0