accessing "previous window"
Hi there,

I tried this question in the "general help" section but no one seems to notice the question or know the answer, do trying the same question here. I'm using Rapier.

Is anyone can help me this: I've a couple of custom buttons, for example "Web Radio", after adding the source (which gets in the sources.xml) I use this
Code:
<onclick>ActivateWindow(MusicFiles,Streaming Radio)</onclick>
in the custom_SubMenuMusic.xml to open it. From any windows from there, if I press "Back" button on the remote, it takes me up to the "root-directory" in stead of the previous window. Say, if I go like this: Home > Music > Web Radio > Classical" and from there if I start pressing "Back" button, it goes like Classical > Web Radio > music-root-directory instead of the Home screen. For the back, I've <back>PreviousWindow</back> in the Keymap.xml but it doesn't work the way I expected. What am I missing here? Any input greatly appreciated. cheers!!
MINIX NEO U22-XJ | Denon AVC-X3800H | KEF Q750 | KEF Q250c | KEF Q150 | KEF Q50a | KEF Kube 10 MIE | LG OLED65G16LA | CoreELEC
Add "return" so the line will look like

Code:
<onclick>ActivateWindow(MusicFiles,Streaming Radio,return)</onclick>
Galefury Wrote:Add "return" so the line will look like
Thanks man; after having another look, it looks like I misunderstood the meaning of "Return" in the Built-In-Functions Wiki. At work now but I'll give a try as soon as I get back home and post back here with the result. Cheers!!!
MINIX NEO U22-XJ | Denon AVC-X3800H | KEF Q750 | KEF Q250c | KEF Q150 | KEF Q50a | KEF Kube 10 MIE | LG OLED65G16LA | CoreELEC
Hi Galefury,
I got XBMC installed on one of PC here and now I'm not sure if the "Return" thing is actually working. I didn't able to do that for my original "Streaming Radio" but I tried with "SVN Repo installer" and it's not what I expecting when I hit backspace on the keyboard (don't have remote to test but the "backspace" is mapped to "ParentDir" in the keymap.xml). I added SVN Repo Installer to "System" menu, adding this to the custom_SubMenuSystem.xml:
Code:
<item id="5">
     <description>SVN Repo Installer</description>
     <label>SVN Update</label>
     <onclick>Dialog.Close(3007)</onclick>
     <onclick>ActivateWindow(Programs,plugin://programs/SVN Repo Installer,Return </onclick>
</item>
Now, If I go like "HomeScreen > System > SVN Update" I get
  • Check for updates
  • dandar3-xbmc-addons
  • passion-xbmc
and so on right on the screen but if I hit "backspace" it doesn't return to the HomeScreen immediately but it goes back like: SVN Update > SVN Repo Installer > Program plugins > HomeScreen, which is not the thing I'm trying to get. What am I still missing? Cheers!!
If they didn't changed the code, it should work. I used this with AMT lite script and it worked great (with a mce remote). To test if this is really working, if you are using Rapier, try removing "return" from Home.xml, line 216. Now, if you are entering movies section, backspace shouldn't take you to home screen, but instead in movie library. I hope you understand what I mean.
Are you sure it's Home.xml - the one I have here has only 58 lines. I, rather found includes_Home.xml, from where I removed "Return" (line 170), so that it looks like this:
Code:
<onclick>ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,MovieTitles)</onclick>
but it still takes me to the Home screen by pressing the backspace. Did I do it right? I'm using Rapier v3.06. cheers!!
Yes, you are right, I'm using Rapier 2.0 now, my bad. Removing the "return" from that line works only if you are using basic menu. I just tried this and it works. My remote button is mapped on "back" command, not "parent.dir." I'm using r31009 version.
Nope! it doesn't look like working, pressing "Back" button taking back to the Library first and then dropping me in the home screen. I'm desperate to get a fix for this. BTW, does anyone know what exactly does it mean?
CGUIWindowManager:TonguereviousWindow: Deactivate - I see that in the log. Cheers!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
accessing "previous window"0