[LINUX] Changing PCM sound level when XBMC is in fullscreen
Hello, I'm a french linux user (so, I apologize for the mistakes).

I have an old computer (pentium4 2,8GHz, 512mo of ram, Intel 82865G video chipset, Creative sound blaster live CT4830 audio card). It run on Debian Squeeze.

I use it like a NAS (with NFS and Samba), sftp server (Open-SSH), music streaming server (Subsonic), newsgroup grabber (SABnzbd), wireless jukebox (using MOCP by ssh), and video player (with XBMC, the debian multimedia repositories release, system up to date on 14 june 2010). So, XBMC is the only graphical application installed. I use a wireless USB keyboard to drive it (without multimedia key).

The problem is when I use the keys "+" and "-" with XBMC, the sound volume change only in XBMC. So, if I want those keys be usefull, the sound volume in alsamixer must be very high.
But when I use mocp, if I want to increase or lower the sound, it use PCM or Master (I can choose) in alsa mixer. So I put the sound at ~45% to not be kill by my neighbour :p

If i use again XBMC, the sound is now too low. I have to open a new terminal (by ctrl+alt+f2 or by ssh), launch alsamixer and increase the sound manually. That's not very handy. And that's worse for my girlfriend, who is not a linux addict (even though I tried to convert her Big Grin).

So, my question is : is it possible to act on alsamixer, with a keyboard shortcut, when using xbmc?

Thank you

Brice
No one knows?
Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] Changing PCM sound level when XBMC is in fullscreen0