"power on" button
I'm new to media centers and xbmc. your remote is awsome. one question: the "power on" button, how is intended to use? I'm using xbmc in WinXP. Can I tie this button with eventghost or something like that? I did it with evenghost for android and evenghost on the PC, but I used two different interfaces.

I'm usong XBMC Remote ver 0.7.1

tnx
I'm also seeking the same answer... thinking this is WoL related but Googling isn't giving up the answer! Huh
wow, I've just thinked about WoL feature in remote and came here to post such suggestion and I see I'm not the only one Smile
Regards,
Embrion
Wol is already there.
If you would like to reuse Wol to start xbmc, have a look at our issue tracker. Some. other guys did that with Linux and a script.
XBMCLive Dharma beta 2 running on an ASRock ION 330 HT
Wol is already there.
If you would like to reuse Wol to start xbmc, have a look at our issue tracker. Some. other guys did that with Linux and a script.
XBMCLive Dharma beta 2 running on an ASRock ION 330 HT
Maybe I'm doing something wrong but Power on/off/WOL doesn't work in my case. On the other hand I can wake on lan my htpc using another Android app called "Wake On Lan".

1. Power button on remote does nothing. I think it should at least do shut down action (exit/hibernate/sleep/power off depending on XBMC setting). It would be nice so the same button also send WoL and wait desired number of secs as specified in remote config
2. Connect also doesn't send any WoL. Just gives "host unresolved" almost instantly.

Btw, one suggestion. Could you disable Android status bar (like you did in remote control keys mode) in "use as remote, my movies" and rest of red icons menu section? That would save a few pixels and I wouldn't have to scroll down in those red icon menus as everything would fit on one screen
Regards,
Embrion

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"power on" button0