TV Shows display "0 Episodes" after scanning
I'm admittedly new to Aeon so go easy on me....

I added a network share for TV shows. The share is setup as follows:

TV Show
--Season 1
----Episode 1
----Episode 2

I also used Media Companion to get the folders with fanart and everything else.

After adding my network share, I select the share and choose to "Set Content". I indicate that the content is TV shows an select to run an automated scan and XBMC runs as expected.

When I go into my TV Shows menu item, however, I do see all the different shows but each display 0 episodes, almost as if the scan was not recursive (though it is my understanding recursive is automatic when selecting TV shows).

Anybody run into this before or know how to solve? Many thanks in advance.
anthony522 Wrote:I'm admittedly new to Aeon so go easy on me....

I added a network share for TV shows. The share is setup as follows:

TV Show
--Season 1
----Episode 1
----Episode 2

I also used Media Companion to get the folders with fanart and everything else.

After adding my network share, I select the share and choose to "Set Content". I indicate that the content is TV shows an select to run an automated scan and XBMC runs as expected.

When I go into my TV Shows menu item, however, I do see all the different shows but each display 0 episodes, almost as if the scan was not recursive (though it is my understanding recursive is automatic when selecting TV shows).

Anybody run into this before or know how to solve? Many thanks in advance.

Not positive, but I'm pretty sure xbmc expects season and episode number in the file name
eg s01e01-show name.avi
I've had the same issue using Media Companion and i haven't really got a good solution I'm afraid. i can give you my workaround however.

I found that the tvshow.nfo files that Media Companion is creating is causing the issue. The fanart and posters work fine, but the shows will always get scanned into XBMC with 0 episodes with those NFO's there.

I've tried a bit of manual editing here but has no joy, so I've had to scrape all the art (which is all i really wanted anyway), delete the nfo's, empty the video database (removing it from the library within XBMC DID NOT WORK), reboot XBMC and scan the network shares in. The only thing XBMC willthen scrape is the episodes info/synopsis.

This is what I did. I am blindly feeling my way through my XBMC setup so I'm sure someone here with more knowledge may be able to figure this partiulcar issue out.

Just FYI, my naming convention differs from show to show but it all follows the same structure i.e (TV show folder, season folders).
It's almost always due to an incorrect <episodeguide> tag in the .nfo file. No episodeguide -> no episodes.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks for the suggestions. I will give them a try tonight and let you know how it goes.
My suggestion would be to allow xbmc to do your scraping for tv shows. I think media managers are great for movies (better for choosing fanart & posters), but tv if easily handled by xbmc. After a few weeks, just export your library and you will get all the nfos, fanart, and thumbs.

One big suggestion would be to stick with a common naming scheme. This is just good practice and will make life that much easier when scraping. I would put your reg expression in advancedsettings.xml as well.
I allowed XBMC to do the scraping and it is working perfectly.

Thanks for the tip.
From what I am seeing in many differnt threads, there is a bug with the newer builds that is causing this. I have had the same layout with my episodes, nfo, etc for a couple years and have never had an issue with them scanning. I recently rebuilt from scratch, and can't get the episodes to scan in. They scan in fine if I go back to the stable release. Just an FYI.
This should be fixed in the latest nightly (31275).

TheUni

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Shows display "0 Episodes" after scanning0