Apple just updated the Mac Mini - New Design
They finally updated it. Price is crazy though.

http://www.macrumors.com/2010/06/15/appl...ew-design/

- 2.4GHz or 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
- 1.4" thick Unibody enclosure
- NVIDIA GeForce 320M Graphics Card
- Built-in Power Supply
- HDMI port and Mini DisplayPort

EDIT: Oh shit I wrote apple tv by mistake in the title, can this be changed??!! I suck.
might as well be an apple TV

http://www.apple.com/au/macmini/specs.html

HDMI!! and is as quite and not much taller :> now I just wish I had the $!
Roders Wrote:EDIT: Oh shit I wrote apple tv by mistake in the title, can this be changed??!! I suck.

but the mac mini does not. aside from no blu ray, this is far and away the best media playing / server being computer on the planet.
I know what's on my wish list for my birthday in 2 months Smile

throw the appletv in the bedroom and the mac mini in the lounge room! woot!

how does that graphics card seem to handle hi-def content (gpu decoding)?

cheers,

Jason.

edit: calling davilla to the thread please, that's mr davilla to the awesome new macmini thread. thank you.
Trying to help clean up the afterbirth :laugh:
Roders Wrote:..........EDIT: Oh shit I wrote apple tv by mistake in the title, can this be changed??!! I suck.

fixed it for you
799 euro,they are crazy and i am crying!
Sad
It's simply not worth it. You can build a full-blown PC for that money.
I would consider it only if they cut the price by 40% at least.
HDMI but no IR receiver. Puzzling.
ASUS Chromebox (celeron), Openelec 5.0.8, Aeon Shednox
Panasonic GT60, Cambridge Audio TV2
Synology 411j
mauzzz Wrote:HDMI but no IR receiver. Puzzling.

They sell some fancy looking remote as an option, so there must be a receiver built-in, I guess.

I am more curious about the noise and heat of this new model. There would also be a new support needed for XBMC on it, considering that it has HDMI, new graphic card and video acceleration is now available in the OS.
oooh. I want one.
reddeath Wrote:They sell some fancy looking remote as an option, so there must be a receiver built-in, I guess.

I am more curious about the noise and heat of this new model. There would also be a new support needed for XBMC on it, considering that it has HDMI, new graphic card and video acceleration is now available in the OS.

XBMC for Mac will work on it out of the box Smile
davilla Wrote:XBMC for Mac will work on it out of the box Smile

ac3 passthrough?
CrystalHD Installer XBMC Community Forum Thread -
Apple TV CrystalHD Installer Announcement - Broadcom CrystalHD Installer
http://www.sartori.at/ - my weblog

Sync your MAC and Google Account (+ Google Apps) - Click here for 5$ Discout

Living Room: HFX Micro black - Zotac IONITX G - Intel X25V - Hama remote
Bedroom: Linux AppleTV - CrystalHD
This looks really interesting. How hard is it to get XBMC to launch with a single remote control button on one of these things?

Easy to suspend/shutdown with an IR command?

Expensive as it is this thing is a beast. Should have no issues with XBMC and playback performance assuming that full audio over HDMI is working out of the box.
im geting two. this thing is bad-ass.
It's gorgeous and with that CPU, I don't think you even NEED to use GPU assisted decoding, the CPU could probably do software decoding more reliably and support more formats out the box. GPU assist is still a good idea though, anything that drops the CPU utilization will keep the heat down.

The price is a bit much, I could justify spending that much on it if it had a Blu-Ray drive, but it doesn't and Apple will never put one in their products.

It IS a full blown desktop computer... 2.4GHz C2D, nVidia 320m, 2GB ram and 320GB hard drive? Compare the power utilization of this Mac Mini and your full blown desktop pc and get back to me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple just updated the Mac Mini - New Design0