New nightlies - nfo files no longer loaded?
Thanks WhiningKhan, exactly what I was after. Should be fixed in r31159.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Wonderful! Will test it tonight and report here.

Edit: Damn, I tried a couple of trunk revisions from today, but they failed to build. Maybe tomorrow is a better day...
Couldn't still get the trunk to build, so I switched back to dsplayer branch and merged your change for VideoInfoScanner.cpp from 31159 with it.

Works like a charm again. Thanks!!!
I had the same issues with my movie.nfo files being ignored, looking forward to checking out a working version again Big Grin
I had the same problem just updated to 31200 and all seems to be ok again thanks
I just set up a new HTPC on Thursday night for the first time. I installed r31158 (the latest build at the time) and started setting up all my sources, I tried to set content for both TV and Movies. I've been on the xbox for years and have nfo files and tbn's for all my content stored on a home server, they were scrapped using "Media Companion".

I wasn't successful with either. The TV shows scanned only the show titles and info, but none of the seasons or episodes. Movies didn't scan anything.

I found this thread and figured I'd wait a day and get the update that would fix it. Today I installed r31200 and tried to rescan my videos. This time movies scanned just fine, however TV shows are still doing the same thing as before the new update.

Here is the log file:

http://pastebin.ca/1886816
I just had this problem I reverted to 31065, scanned my .nfo's fine, then reinstalled 31200...You can get that HERE

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Looks like your tvshow.nfo files don't have an <episodeguide> tag, or have an invalid <episodeguide> tag.

Pastebin one please.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Lost with <episodeguide>

Chuck without <episodeguide>

Huh, every so often I start with a completly fresh install, no overwriting, and I did that today with 31200. At first it only scraped top level tv info, I just added "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" and it worked?

Anyways here is the working scan- Pastebin

This was "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" .nfoPastbin

I know a working scan doesnt help, but at first I had that behavior?

Ok, let's stop guessing. I need:

1. You guys to find something 100% reproducible starting completely fresh.
2. The filesystem you use to reproduce this. Probably a single dummy episode file (and/or associated .nfo) is all you need.

Get me them so that I can reproduce it and I'll fix get it fixed.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Just a quick question. I've been having similar errors, so I wanted to know before I posted a debug log.

Is an <episodeguide> tag required for TV shows now? Because none of my TV shows have that, and they've been failing to get scanned into the library with the newer builds.
If it's there, it has to be wellformed. I don't believe it has to be there though if you have .nfo files for all your episodes.

My issue is occurring with TV shows. I'm scanning the root TV show folder, and XBMC is picking up the shows, but none of the episodes. My NFO files do not have an <episodeguide> tag, but all my episodes do have an NFO. The combination used to work with the r28256, but hasn't worked with any of the r3xxxx builds so far.

Pastebin
TVShow.nfo
Episode NFO

My files are structured like so:
---Videos
------TV Shows
---------Elfen Lied
------------tvshow.nfo
------------Season 01
---------------Elfen Lied - S01E01 - Episode Name.mkv
---------------Elfen Lied - S01E01 - Episode Name.nfo

I'm using r31198. When I said I scan the root folder, I mean I set the content on the TV Shows folder and run an automated scan.
Movies scan properly, and the information in the tvshow.nfo file gets properly added to the database.
Every episode has an .nfo file:

Recorded TV:
.................Lost:
.......................tvshow.nfo (this was picked up by the scan)
.......................Season 1:
....................................Lost.S01E06 - House of the Rising Sun.avi
....................................Lost.S01E06 - House of the Rising Sun.nfo
....................................Lost.S01E06 - House of the Rising Sun.tbn

Lost.S01E06 - House of the Rising Sun.nfo on pastebin: http://pastebin.com/F1bxXi3f

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New nightlies - nfo files no longer loaded?0