New nightlies - nfo files no longer loaded?
jmarshall Wrote:If it's there, it has to be wellformed. I don't believe it has to be there though if you have .nfo files for all your episodes.

For me, like i posted a few days ago, tv shows don't get added, meaning the show itself does get added but not the episodes, except for one show. I just checked and the show (Vampire Diaries) is the only one I have which got the episodeguide in the tvshow.nfo. But all shows got nfo files for all episodes. So I think, episodeguide could really be key here.

I am watching Soccer right now, but will post logs and some nfos later.
jmarshall Wrote:Ok, let's stop guessing. I need:

1. You guys to find something 100% reproducible starting completely fresh.
2. The filesystem you use to reproduce this. Probably a single dummy episode file (and/or associated .nfo) is all you need.

Get me them so that I can reproduce it and I'll fix get it fixed.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Ok, I started from scratch, uninstalled xbmc deleted the profile folder and reinstalled revision 31236.

Adding Movies works without any problems, even though I don't have nfos for movies so I can't confirm if they work or not.

The problem lies with TV Shows. I added a single TV Shows Folder as a source which contains multiple TV Shows.

Code:
TV Shows
--The Big Bang Theory
----banner.jpg
----fanart.jpg
----folder.jpg
----logo.png
----tvshow.nfo
----poster.tbn
----season03.tbn
----Season 03
------The Big Bang Theory - S03E01 - The Electric Can Opener Fluctuation.avi
------The Big Bang Theory - S03E01 - The Electric Can Opener Fluctuation.nfo
------The Big Bang Theory - S03E01 - The Electric Can Opener Fluctuation.tbn

In this case the tvshow.nfo and the pictures get loaded while no season or episode gets added, all I get when I click on a tvshow is the back item (the two dots).

Here is a link to an example of my folder structure (just for big bang theory) the .avi file is just a renamed text file, just replace it with anything, it was just to big to upload.The entire folder would be located in a TVShow folder with other TV Shows in the same format.

Hope this helps,
D0nR0sa
Build xbmc-r31202-dx by kricker (search the forum) now loads all my nfo's locally wheres before i had to be conected to the internet so it could re scrape again, works ok with movies and music, great work guys on fixing this annoying issueCool
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
r31243 and higher fixes problems with thetvdb scraper and other scrapers. Scraper updates are available via addons that should fix some problems (shows not even scraping at all without .nfo files present).

Please try something after that. If you still have problems, I'll need the Debug Log as well as the a zipped up filesystem with .nfo files so that I can reproduce.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Still not working with latest 31262.

Log: http://pastebin.com/F5ghL3bF
Dummy Structure w/ NFOs: http://www.mediafire.com/?wnyxi5ntlgl

Thanks.
Like I said, when scraping with Ember, no episodeguide tags are set. So I deleted everything except the video files (and the srt subtitles) and scraped all my shows with Media Companion Gen2, which writes the episodeguide url in the nfo, deleted the source in XMBC and re-added it, voila: all shows and episodes are scanned just fine. Anyone with problems adding tv shows, I guess you could use MC, should work for anyone else.
@nickkarstedt: You're scan settings are wrong - it's looking up "Season 1" as a tv show.

Thanks for the dummy filesystems - will see what I can do.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Sorry, tried adding a single folder under "single tv show", here's a full scan log:

http://pastebin.com/6zwZ3yqM

Hope that helps.

Mikesch, I've used Ember for quite a while now and it has always worked before, but I was using a premerge build. I'll give the new Media Companion a try tonight.
Yup, I'm on it - got it fixed locally.

r31275 and higher should be back to scraping goodness for full nfo episodes with no <episodeguide>.

Thanks for the dummy filesystems Smile

Cheers,
Jonathan

You rock! Great, quick work!
Beautiful works like a charm Big Grin Thank you.
Awesome! Thanks for the fix!
I'm trying out 31632 on Windows.

For some reason I had to rebuild my library from scratch to get it to work. However, having exported nfos and images from my old library this was no big deal for my movies. (although i was sad to lose the "added to library" date and watched status for all my movies)

However, when I tried to do the same for my music library, info is missing for all artists and albums, despite being present in the local nfos. Wierdly, if i individually refresh info within xbmc for any particular artist or album then the info does get scraped.....

Any ideas....at work now so sorry not to be able to provide logs or files for now...

Very sorry if i missed something obvious.

Thanks!
I'm still having issues, haven't had a SVN work with this since the addons merge, including today's build.

Any TV show that has a tvshow.nfo will refuse to add new episodes...

For example, I have the Boondocks, and the first 2 seasons scrape fine, but the 3rd season won't. If I delete the tvshow.nfo, then it will scrape fine, but I'd like to keep the tvshow.nfo there if possible, because then it doesn't have to scrape thetvdb to find out info about the show at all.... and it would be a pain to go through and delete ~125 tvshow.nfo's for all my shows.

Looking at it, the episodeguide in the tvshow.nfo says:

<episodeguide>&lt;episodeguide&gt;&lt;url cache=&quot;74413.xml&quot;&gt;http://www.thetvdb.com/api/1D62F2F90030C444/series/74413/all/en.zip&lt;/url&gt;&lt;/episodeguide&gt;</episodeguide>
Kodi: Kodi 17.4, with Transparency!
50 TB Unraid Server: Docker Apps: SABnzbd, Sickrage, mariaDB
HTPC: Win10 (cause Steam), i7, GTX 1080
Watching on: Panasonic TC65-PS64 with lowend Sony 5.1 HTIB
Other devices: rMBP 15", MBA 13", nvidia shield

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New nightlies - nfo files no longer loaded?0