Faq
These are probably the more common questions that pop up, if your question isn't addressed just ask....

1. I absolutely love those logos look but how do you get them?
Quote:Logos should be stored in the root of the TV show: D:/TV Shows/Lost
This thread is where to request and get more info
The skin includes a script that will automate the download process. Located Settings->Skin->Movie/TV options
2. Alright but what if every show doesn't have a logo?
Quote:I loved Aeon's options but I hate having to check hundreds of settings. The majority of the features in Night if you have things setup correctly the skin will automatically detect them and adjust accordingly.
3. I changed my logo but nothing changed?
Quote:If using a merge version XBMC is now caching all images which makes it hard to change a logo. If you delete userdata/Database/textures.db that will cause XBMC to re-cache all images. Just one of those things we got to do for things that are 'cutting edge'
4. I get that the skin is called Night but wheres my fanart?
Quote:One of my little rules is all views should have one additional option and a good amount of the views have an option to display fanart
5. What about clearART and cdART I saw in your videos?
Quote:If you have it setup correctly the skin will adjust and display those images. You have to be above 27711 which was released about 4-5 months ago for it to work.
6. Why can't I have my own home menu items?
Quote:Who said you can't? You can add 5 favorites, from the favorite menu. Also you can add 2 custom playlists. The option is located in Settings->Skin->Home Window Options...You need to have the "Show parent folder items" checked in the Settings - Appearance - File Lists. Otherwise they will not be able to see the ".." XBMC has this setting on by default.

HOW TO SETUP A CUSTOM PLAYLIST
1. Enter movies, go back twice by clicking ".." twice
2. Click on playlists
3. Click on "New smart playlist"
4. Enter a title
5. Create a rule, it's simple you'll figure it out
**For filtering HD material**
First box - Video resolution
Second box - Greater than
Then type "720" or "1080" in the text box
6. Then you're pretty much done
7. Ok, what's all this 'extrafanart' that people have talking about?
Quote:Everybody loves fanart, what of we lived in a world where we weren't limited by just one...All you need to do is create a folder called 'extrafanart' in the root of your TV show like so: D:/TV Shows/Lost/extrafanart.
Now the skin will automatically cycle randomly thru however many fanarts you have in that folder.

Every show doesnt need the 'extrafanart' folder for it to work, you could just use it on one or two shows. Again, if setup correctly, it'll just work no setting to check...hikaricore created a bash script for Linux users

**As of 6/22/2010 'Extrafanart' is now a setting- Under System->Skin->Movie/TV options
8. What about 'extarfanart' for fullscreen playback?
Quote:That folder needs to be stored in in the artist folder like so: Guns and Roses/extrafanart. Again if setup correctly it'll work, though only if not using visualizations or Jukebox
9. Wheres the XBOX love?
Quote:This is a link to a XBOX modified version of Night...
10. I want this over there, or why not include "x", or why not add this?
Quote:I'm pretty easy going if you have a suggestion just ask, pretty much my "vision" of the skin is done. Now I'm taking feedback and if good I'll include it...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
How To Use GIT on Windows

DOWNLOAD and install Git for Windows

Then you paste, use "Insert" key not ctrl+v, the following lines:

To grab Night for the first time:
Quote:cd "/c/Program Files/XBMC/addons/"
press "Enter"
git clone git://github.com/bartowski/skin.night.git

To update Night:
Quote:cd "/c/Program Files/XBMC/addons/skin.night"