Mkv video encoding
the xbox media center has problems with MKV video encoding. the output is stopping and starting. how can we display the video correctly?
Why don't you start by giving a lot more information? There is no way anyone can give you any help without more information.

Such as, what platform, what version of XBMC, how your MKVs are ripped (ie what source & resolution, what software).

If you're on Windows read this.

Win7 64-bit | AMD Athlon X2 4850e | 780G Chipset | 2 GB RAM | ATI Radeon 3200 | XBMC 10.0
the platform is XBOX. using Avalaunch. MKV video is Legend of the Galactic Heroes. the video does not play properly.
Wait, what? XBMC doesn't encode video. Do you mean decoding? If so, my guess is that you are trying to play an High definition video file (thus the .mkv extension), which the Xbox doesn't have the juice to do. Only solution, get an SD version or buy a new box.
Standard def DVDs are ripped to MKV all the time. I have dozens of them.

I had trouble with MKV files (ripped from DVD) playing over my WDTV-Live before I got my xbmc box, and found there were problems with the encoding. I found that remuxing them with mkvtoolnix (mkvmerge GUI) solved the playback problems. Not sure that applies to your issue, but its worth a try.
since we're taking shots in the dark

Win7 64-bit | AMD Athlon X2 4850e | 780G Chipset | 2 GB RAM | ATI Radeon 3200 | XBMC 10.0

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mkv video encoding0