Stop video output "screensaver"
For those of us who have plasma tvs that auto turnoff when no signal is detected, it would be cool to have a screensaver option that it stops outputting a video signal so if idle for x it will turn the tv off...
yes, that would be cool!
Uhm isn't this already possible under Settings > System > Power saving > Put display to sleep when idle?

I don't have a Plasma I only have a 24'' Samsung LCD computer monitor but when I activate that option and it activates after doing nothing for the specified amount of time my monitor starts to automatically go through all the video sources (VGA, DVI, HDMI) to see if it can find any signal on any one of these sources which means that there is currently no signal from my computer running XBMC.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Montellese Wrote:Uhm isn't this already possible under Settings > System > Power saving > Put display to sleep when idle?

I don't have a Plasma I only have a 24'' Samsung LCD computer monitor but when I activate that option and it activates after doing nothing for the specified amount of time my monitor starts to automatically go through all the video sources (VGA, DVI, HDMI) to see if it can find any signal on any one of these sources which means that there is currently no signal from my computer running XBMC.

I may or may not be running a non supported device in my bedroom while i have xbmc live in the livingroom... figure this would be the easiest way to get them all on the same page... the non supported device doesnt have the power saving options

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stop video output "screensaver"0