How do I find files that exist but are not in my Library?
I have a few movies that xbmc has failed to scrape into my Library, but due to the size of the collection I'm having a hard time finding which ones I need to manually fix.

Is there any easy way to go into something like the file view and hide anything that exists in the Library?

Or even some third party tool that will export a list of movies that are not in my Library?

Failing that, is there any docs on the Library sqlite schema so I could write something to do it?
Have you tried to activate debug log and run "Update library"?

I imagine the files that are not present in the library will show up in the log as being ignored or returning no results from the scrapers.
Anyway you should be able to grab all path/filenames from the debug log and do a compare against your video tree.
I was having sort of the same problem. I noticed that the total number of movies that I had in Windows explorer did not match the total that XBMC said I had. It drove me crazy for a while and then I realized that when you put movies into boxsets, XBMC no longer counts those towards your total. For some reason when your videos are not on the main page and are hidden in a boxset, they are not counted. Is this a bug?

Thanks,
Mark
mwkurt Wrote:I was having sort of the same problem. I noticed that the total number of movies that I had in Windows explorer did not match the total that XBMC said I had. It drove me crazy for a while and then I realized that when you put movies into boxsets, XBMC no longer counts those towards your total. For some reason when your videos are not on the main page and are hidden in a boxset, they are not counted. Is this a bug?

Thanks,
Mark

I believe it's not a bug and is the normal behaviour, that's exactly what sets are for.

Meanwhile, using a 3rd party scraper like e.g. EmberMM, Media Companion etc... allows you to be sure 100% all your Movies are correctly scrapped and present in the library. (Total number of movies in the 3rd party media manager matches XBMC's total number of movies)
[XBMC-DX r31103 T! r455]
.:LAPTOP:. Dell [C2D E6400] [8G DDR2] [Intel X4500HD] [LED 14'' 1280*800@60p]
.:NAS:. Antec [Ci7 920] [12G DDR3] [Matrox m9148] [19.4 TiB] [Triple Samsung 22'' 5040*1050@60p]
.:HTPC:. Antec [C2 Q9400] [6G DDR2] [nv GT240 VP4] [SB X-FI Ti] [Toshiba 46'' 1920*1080@24p] [Logitech Z5K5]
Thanks. I'll take a look at the debug log when I come home, that's probably the best way to do it.
At least for back row if your content is in individual folders it will only create a thumbnail and or fan art for files in the library when you view them in normal folder view in xbmc. I just scroll though the list and anything that does not have an image and instead has a stander icon is manually entered.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I find files that exist but are not in my Library?0