does anyone else have *SUPER* slow transfer from Win7 to ATV XBMC?
I am only reading from the ntfs smb shares. And sam, yes the hard drives are all defragged. How do I check about QoS like you suggested?
check your router to see if it's enabled and run a resultant set of policy (rsop.msc) to see if it's applied, although it's unlikely it's been set as a gpo, could be set on the router side of things though. QoS Packet Scheduler may be worth checking too.

Try uninstall and reinstall File and Printer sharing on the network adapter. What is your network speed and duplex? Should ideally be auto-negotiate, but you might have other settings messing you up like Jumbo Frames, power saving etc. I personally think it's an issue with network card, it's driver or the way it's configured. What network card are you using? I keep asking for a reason!
Same issues here. I just flipped my pc from xp to win7. Overall network transfers tanked and streaming to ATV/xbmc results in 20-45min of playback before atv hangs even locked up router a few times. PC streamed like a champ with XP. I disabled the autotune and the RDC setting in win7. Wife a little one want their kids shows back. I may drop back to xp unless I find the issue and a fix. Definitely a win7 prob though. I had better streaming from a networked NAS 40km over the internet.
Hmm. Maybe describe your environment a little?

Architecture: x86/x64?
Install method: Upgrade/Fresh?

Is your system fast enough for Windows 7? What's your machine specs?
just wanted to update you guys, that I followed the instructions in these links, and I can see now that FTP is *WAY* faster than SFTP or SCP for transfering to/from the ATV. I don't really have a way to test my samba speeds, but my buffering issues with HD content went away with a new nightly build several weeks ago.

http://devroot.org/2007/05/01/optimize-n...r-appletv/
http://wiki.awkwardtv.org/wiki/Enable_FTP_Server

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
does anyone else have *SUPER* slow transfer from Win7 to ATV XBMC?0