• 19(current)
v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated)
Eoghlear Wrote:Perhaps it has been said already but i'm experiencing font/image problems on the menu.
When video's, settings or any other item is selected it often highlights a little of the next and previous button.
Could you post a screenshot of this? I some cases a very small part of the next menu item below the selected one is higlighted but it should never be more than a couple of pixels.

ambu Wrote:Just wanted to say thanks for this amazing skin... great visuals, better performance than most of the other skins I've tried - has become my new default skin at once Smile

Keep up the good work, looking forward to 1.0!

Oh, and maybe it is possible to rename the subforum to reFocus? Didn't notice the release until I saw another thread about dharma-compatible skins...
Thanks. I can't change the name of the subforum myself, but I think I want to leave it the way it is really. reFocus to me really is just another way of saying Focus 2 Smile

cedell Wrote:Regarding the weather fanart displayed when the weather menu item is highlighted off of the home menu, I noticed that the fade blends between the weather as well as the cycling movie fanart imagery. Seems like the blending still uses the home fanart due to layering. Is there a way to suppress this? Perhaps turning off the fanart when the weather menu item is active? I know, it's a small, teeny tiny little imperfection...but something I thought could be tweaked.
You mean that the main background slideshow continues while displaying the weather fanart on top of it?
If so, if I completely stop the main slideshow before displaying the weather fanart it will create a very abrupt transition. The screen will go blank for a moment while it switches to the weather fanart, making it less fluid.

Thomss Wrote:Love this skin, works really well. Thank you.
Thanks Smile
Jeroen - that sticky searchbar issue I mentioned before (play/ff/rw/combination thereof), it happened on Alaska yesterday. So not just refocus then (though I don't understand why it happens every other time on refocus and this is the first time I've seen it on Alaska since the first revisited release).

Just wanted to give you a headsup.
Alright, thanks for letting me know. I'll keep an eye on it.
Jeroen, will you put refocus in the Add-On rep, so we can update it from within XBMC?

That would be very cool Smile
Ayla Wrote:Jeroen, will you put refocus in the Add-On rep, so we can update it from within XBMC?

That would be very cool Smile

reFocus can't go in the official repo because I am not able to meet it's requirements (as do most skins btw). When third-party repo's are included however it will be possible.
I in any case plan to set up a repo and provide an add-on through the forum so you will be able to update it from XBMC.
Your current hosting space is perfect Smile Just create a directory structure that meets the Xbmc Addons Installer requirements (like the xbmc-xbmc-skins repo; but only with the required directories) and I'll be happy to create the required xml file to add the repo to the addons installer plugin.

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
Jeroen Wrote:reFocus can't go in the official repo because I am not able to meet it's requirements (as do most skins btw). When third-party repo's are included however it will be possible.
I in any case plan to set up a repo and provide an add-on through the forum so you will be able to update it from XBMC.

1) what are the requirements? which cant be met?
2) when is 0.8. coming? Smile

greets
-andy
CrystalHD Installer XBMC Community Forum Thread -
Apple TV CrystalHD Installer Announcement - Broadcom CrystalHD Installer
http://www.sartori.at/ - my weblog

Sync your MAC and Google Account (+ Google Apps) - Click here for 5$ Discout

Living Room: HFX Micro black - Zotac IONITX G - Intel X25V - Hama remote
Bedroom: Linux AppleTV - CrystalHD
Which can't be met really isn't important. Just trust me that they can't.
Hopefully this weekend.

Bram77 Wrote:Your current hosting space is perfect Smile Just create a directory structure that meets the Xbmc Addons Installer requirements (like the xbmc-xbmc-skins repo; but only with the required directories) and I'll be happy to create the required xml file to add the repo to the addons installer plugin.
Thanks Bram, I'll get back to you on that when the time comes Smile
Jeroen Wrote:Which can't be met really isn't important. Just trust me that they can't.
Hopefully this weekend.

Thanks Bram, I'll get back to you on that when the time comes Smile

okey. thanks for the information.

-andy
CrystalHD Installer XBMC Community Forum Thread -
Apple TV CrystalHD Installer Announcement - Broadcom CrystalHD Installer
http://www.sartori.at/ - my weblog

Sync your MAC and Google Account (+ Google Apps) - Click here for 5$ Discout

Living Room: HFX Micro black - Zotac IONITX G - Intel X25V - Hama remote
Bedroom: Linux AppleTV - CrystalHD
ext23 Wrote:also feature request: it would be awesome if the fanart in the background of the home screen could fade in/fade out, like a pictures slideshow. sometimes it can be a bit jarring when the images seem to 'flash' from one to the other.

To you and other people that have mentioned this: I would appreciate if you could do a little test for me.

If you open the file includes.xml in the 720p folder and go to approx line 582 you'll find a piece of code starting with:

<include name="slideshows">

Underneath you will find two "multiimage" controls. The first multiimage is the fanart slideshow for the homescreen, the second is for the custom slideshow.

Please check if lowering (or perhaps even increasing) the value in:

<fadetime>1000</fadetime>

will make the fanart transitions smoother for you?

The advice to use compressed fanart textures still stands, but if the above makes any significant difference I could either change it or provide a skin setting to adjust it.
ltmon Wrote:I have a question about the slideshow however: It tends to use all my movie and TV fanart, but only some of my music fanart. Any artist beginning with "A" is included, but no others it seems. Is there a reason for this?

Just saw I overlooked your question, sorry.

Actually no music fanart is included at all. Maybe you have some movies about music artists in your movie collection so it does show a couple?

The fanart slideshow path is set to the video fanart images in your profile. As there is currently no way to use multiple paths in multiimage controls I can only point it to one folder.
Although I may add an option to use the music fanart later, but then the slideshow will either display video fanart OR music fanart, not both mixed.
I see a nice transition between fanart on the home screen sounds to me like a system struggling to cope if its not smooth
Yeah it is, I have no problems with the smoothness either. But I was just wondering if this would be able to make it at least a bit better for those that have problems.
Been playing around with my original plan for the CU Lyrics add-on. Think I just like this full screen way more than the last attempt.

looks good.

hows the update coming? i need to see my keypad digits!!!Laugh
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated)14