• 35(current)
v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated)
Found another couple of bugs mate.

Gallery view (Fullscreen mode): Entering the information screen, the logo remains visible.
Gallery view (Fullscreen mode): The left / right indicator images fade in even when on the information screen.

Galley view (Fullscreen mode): Every once in a while a logo will not appear even though there is one in the folder. It happens randomly while scrolling. This doesn't happen on other skins.

Also, I'm not sure if this is an XBMC problem or a bug with reFocus but every once in a while the fanart with revert back to the default image when scrolling. Scrolling away from the image and then coming back to it usually fixes the problem.

That's all for now. I'll keep an eye out and let you know if I come across any more.
butchabay Wrote:Maybe this could help you ? See this Thread, at Post Nr. 285

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=70890&page=29

That seems to move from the movies section to the main menu, which Refocus already does.

Jeroen, could you tell the steps to make the submenu go back when pressing the previous menu button on a Windows platform?
Love this skin, I wish it had some views similar to Rapier Qualar Mod, wrt Movies.

Anyway, I just unzipped the latest, and I cannot get to the settings for view/stack/list etc. It moves over there, but it does not display the content.

How do I fix this?
Galefury Wrote:Jeroen, can you make the video info screen look more like the one for songs ? Here's a quick mockup I made to show you what I mean.
Maybe, I'm not sure. I'll think about it, but it'll have to wait a bit.

MaDDoGo Wrote:Hi,

I've found a bug in banners view: studio logo isn't showing due changes in file structure.

Change line 1638 into this (in ViewsVideo.xml):

That fix this Tongue But maybe is one of the few logos (or the only one) that isn't in IncludeFlags.xml Big Grin

No, it's a bug, I forgot to adjust the banner view to used the changed path. Noted, cheers[/quote]

Sranshaft Wrote:Already did that with my copy. Just thought Jereon might like to add this as standard.
I'm considering this, but it will have to wait for a bit.

Sranshaft Wrote:Found another couple of bugs mate.

Gallery view (Fullscreen mode): Entering the information screen, the logo remains visible.
Gallery view (Fullscreen mode): The left / right indicator images fade in even when on the information screen.
Good finds, will fix.

Quote:Galley view (Fullscreen mode): Every once in a while a logo will not appear even though there is one in the folder. It happens randomly while scrolling. This doesn't happen on other skins.
I'll give it some testing, haven't really used it myself.

Quote:Also, I'm not sure if this is an XBMC problem or a bug with reFocus but every once in a while the fanart with revert back to the default image when scrolling. Scrolling away from the image and then coming back to it usually fixes the problem.
I get this occasionally too, but mostly when I just changed the fanart for some movies and while I'm in the Gallery view. I suspect it could be a GFX memory problem or related to xbmc's texture preloading. Because sometimes when I change a movie's fanart it keeps displaying the previously applied fanart even though the new one has been set (navigating out and back into the view or using my keymapped reload skin button fixes it)

Quote:That's all for now. I'll keep an eye out and let you know if I come across any more.
Cheers Smile

MacLeod_1980 Wrote:Love this skin, I wish it had some views similar to Rapier Qualar Mod, wrt Movies.

Anyway, I just unzipped the latest, and I cannot get to the settings for view/stack/list etc. It moves over there, but it does not display the content.

How do I fix this?
Can you check in skin settings ->view settings if "kiosk mode" isn't checked? Although when kiosk mode is checked you shouldn't be able to navigate to it, but it could give me a lead to finding the cause.

RandomXBMCUser Wrote:That seems to move from the movies section to the main menu, which Refocus already does.
Jeroen, could you tell the steps to make the submenu go back when pressing the previous menu button on a Windows platform?
So going from for example the video submenu back to the main menu? If so, this is explained here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=77726
Cheer, you were 100% right. I had no idea what Kiosk Mode meant, so when to enable it and find out - guess I know know. Might be helpful if there was an info section (similar to the about) which described the various settings (most unusual, not all, kinda like an FAQ)
Would it be possible to get a tv view mode like the first one shown in the screenshot here.

http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php?/top...reenshots/
Jeroen Wrote:So going from for example the video submenu back to the main menu? If so, this is explained here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=77726

I've tried that. On Windows, there is no keymap.xml in the userdata/keymaps directory. I made a new xml and put in the information, but it doesn't work.
strateego Wrote:Would it be possible to get a tv view mode like the first one shown in the screenshot here.

http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php?/top...reenshots/

It already exists as that is a picture of a port of reFocus. You have to enable it in skin settings.

RandomXBMCUser Wrote:I've tried that. On Windows, there is no keymap.xml in the userdata/keymaps directory. I made a new xml and put in the information, but it doesn't work.
I think you have to edit one of the already existing ones like keyboard.xml or maybe have to create the file yourself. Not sure, I don't really use it and it isn't a skin specific matter.
RazorFR Wrote:3. Kiosk mode is GREAT, thanks for this. The only thing I have noticed is when in info view you can still call the set up screen (poster / fanart etc...).

Regarding the kiosk mode, I would think the best way to handle this would be to still allow access to this menu and disabling the buttons refresh, poster and fanart rather than disabling the menu entirely as there's no harm to be done by starting a trailer for instance?

Ì'm thinking of going that route for the menus in the library as well, as there's functionality in there you would still like access to. Downside is that you'll end up with a menu with mostly disabled buttons which isn't the best in the looks department.
Unfortunately there's no easy way of completely hiding them, only disabling them (well, there's a way, but since the buttons use fixed positions you would end up with empty spaces instead) There may be a way of doing this but it would require a major reworking. Something I may consider in time, but not for now.

Any thoughts?
this is a really nice skin jeroen, thanks for all your hard work.
i was wondering if any of the features below might eventually be implemented?

1. something displaying the time of day when you pause a video

2. something displaying the time when the playing video is predicted to finish (like in Mediastream)

3. moving the menus for "video settings" and "audio and subtitle settings" and there submenus off-center [and maybe adding transparency], so that you can see most of the video playing as you adjust settings.
not sure if this is the same bug as the gallery one already mentioned - showing plot info in list view overlaps the studio/video flags:

http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/6643/...stview.jpg
Jeroen Wrote:It already exists as that is a picture of a port of reFocus. You have to enable it in skin settings.

I think you have to edit one of the already existing ones like keyboard.xml or maybe have to create the file yourself. Not sure, I don't really use it and it isn't a skin specific matter.

I figured it out - copied the keyboard.xml from my XBMC\System\Keymaps to my userdata keymap directory and added:

<Home>
<keyboard>
<escape>Left</escape>
</keyboard>
</Home>

thanks for the pointer.
Jeroen, sorry if I have run into some obscure issue but has THE big episode list been changed since the previous release. I get the feeling it is now in a sort of continues mode instead of THE fixed list it was before. Amy way I could change this back or make it an option inthe next release.
harry3001 Wrote:not sure if this is the same bug as the gallery one already mentioned - showing plot info in list view overlaps the studio/video flags:

http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/6643/...stview.jpg
Cheers

MeqTrader Wrote:Jeroen, sorry if I have run into some obscure issue but has THE big episode list been changed since the previous release. I get the feeling it is now in a sort of continues mode instead of THE fixed list it was before. Amy way I could change this back or make it an option inthe next release.
Yes it has been changed to a wraplist because I don't want the "bouncy" selection it had and no empty spaces. This will not be made into an option.
anarchintosh Wrote:this is a really nice skin jeroen, thanks for all your hard work.
i was wondering if any of the features below might eventually be implemented?

1. something displaying the time of day when you pause a video
I guess I could add that

Quote:2. something displaying the time when the playing video is predicted to finish (like in Mediastream)
Yes, I still have to add this, I think I'm going to combine this with the time display top right

Quote:3. moving the menus for "video settings" and "audio and subtitle settings" and there submenus off-center [and maybe adding transparency], so that you can see most of the video playing as you adjust settings.
Well, imo either you're looking at the video or looking at the settings window. That's why the settings that actually need you to look at the video have a minimal slider instead of the entire settings window (like adjusting audio or subtitle offset). So I'm going to leave this as it is.
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated)14