• 78(current)
v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated)
I get some message about an alarm every time I enter home screen. I resolved deleting alarm=30& from home.xml. What was that about ?
And a small request. Can you post the texture for OSD menu, the blue one ? I use the alternative background I posted here and I want to change the OSD to have the same color. Thanks.
reFocus - Simply the best
nasuh Wrote:I've added tv logos from channel manager. But an "!" image showing over the logo images in pvr section.
Right, confirmed.

mots Wrote:I had to copy MyTV.xml to MyPVR.xml for PVR to work
That must be a pretty recent change then. I'm using a Windows opdenkamp build from March 13th I believe and it's still MyTV.xml there. I'm not building my own binaries so I have to rely on compiled Windows builds to test on.

Quote:channel logos and some sort of video logo overlap (see screenshot)
That one's surprising. I'm not seeing that, but maybe again because you're running a newer build.

Quote:i only have a few channel logos, is there any way to manually assign those?
Yeah, use the context menu on the channel and hit "choose thumbnail", or through the channel manager (it's in the TV Settings screen).
The way it's supposed to work is reFocus checks if there's a TV studio icon available already (the ones that are used in the tv show library too). But if you set an icon yourself, it should override it.

But, like nasuh mentioned there's a small problem with it.

otcho Wrote:Great release, Jeroen.
There seems to be an issue with the german strings...
I'll also take a look at all changes of this release to update the strings.
Thanks Smile There shouldn't be a big difference, maybe one or two strings are new.

MaDDoGo Wrote:Edit: One little bug: In all shows views, the unseen flag is on or two pixels higher than it could be.
Are you running in windowed mode? Because if XBMC is running in windowed mode, and the window dimensions aren't at perfect aspect ratio, there will be slight shifting of textures. If I run it at exactly 1280*720 for instance the alignment is pixel perfect.

Galefury Wrote:I confirm, recently added doesn't work for me, but I deleted recently added folder from reFocus folder and replaced with the one from xbmc. Now it works.
I've been pulling my hair out because of recentlyadded today. I will reevaluate on how to start the script soon.

Galefury Wrote:I get some message about an alarm every time I enter home screen. I resolved deleting alarm=30& from home.xml. What was that about ?
It's related to the above. I will probably change it. The alarm is to have recentlyadded update every 30 minutes. For some reason it's being cancelled everytime home loads and it does the notification.

Quote:And a small request. Can you post the texture for OSD menu, the blue one ?
uploaded here

butchabay Wrote:Joeren really great job on refocus, absolutely fantastic another skin to choose with pvr support.
Thanks Smile
I can confirm the strange 'exit animation' button. Happens every time I hit "Browse" in the info dialog and when exiting back to the home, if that helps narrows things down.

Tested on Windows 7, xbmc-r89f3bb7-master compiled March 16th.

Recently Added worked fine with this build so those having trouble may want to update to a nightly build.

Also, just wanted to ask if the poster thumbnail's aspect ratio was changed. They look a little narrow horizontally compared to the last version of the skin. Not exactly a bug but it looked a bit odd on first glance.

All in all, a very nice update to an already excellent skin. All of these PVR sceenshots have really made me want to get a tuner card for the system just to try it out. Laugh

Now to get back to testing this sweet skin out some more.
Sranshaft Wrote:I can confirm the strange 'exit animation' button.
Just found out what's causing this (of course after the release Sad )
I forgot to remove:

<backgroundcolor>0</backgroundcolor>

from MyVideoNav.xml (line 4)

Remove that line and the animation is back to normal.

Quote:Recently Added worked fine with this build so those having trouble may want to update to a nightly build.
Yup, same for me.

Quote:Also, just wanted to ask if the poster thumbnail's aspect ratio was changed.
Not intentionally Smile I did have to do some resizing because I'm using bordertextures now. I'll look into the A/R.
@Jeroen I am using a FullScreen 1650*1050 and the flags are moved :S Really strange. I'll try to find a nigthly build but OSX nightlies are broken since 10 days...
@ jeroen: just use the recently added script from xbmc folder (delete the path pointing the script folder from reFocus). The script refreshes everytime I enter homescreen.
Thanks for animation bug fix.
For movies that don't have studio logos, a question mark appears instead. Can it just be left blank instead of showing the question mark?

thanks for the update!
Jeroen Wrote:Just found out what's causing this (of course after the release Sad )
I forgot to remove:

<backgroundcolor>0</backgroundcolor>

from MyVideoNav.xml (line 4)

Remove that line and the animation is back to normal.

Excellent, one bug down! Always seems to happen that way though Laugh

Jeroen Wrote:Not intentionally Smile I did have to do some resizing because I'm using bordertextures now. I'll look into the A/R.

That's great mate. Like I said, it's not a huge thing but on first glance it just looks a bit off.

Just notice two more things regarding the watched / unwatched flags. Well, I'm not getting any. I've tried, with the settings turned off and turned on without any luck with either. Manually setting the movie to watched then back to unwatched.

- The setting 'Display unwatched indicators in file mode' doesn't do anything. It's not toggleable.

- The Program button on the main menu doesn't actually take us to the Program Addons window. It's takes us to the Programs window and then from there we can select the Addons window.

+ Not really a bug but have you had any thought on how to handle movie sets? At the moment it displays 'min' and shows an unknown resolution icon. Perhaps you can have it show movie set for the text and show a group of discs for the resolution icon would help these stand out as sets more? Just a thought.

- Playlist added to the video submenu can only use viewtypes for video addons (list and thumbnail). The window title itself displays Video Addons instead of playlist.

- I was able to get the unwatched overlay to appear but I can confirm they are off vertically by 2 - 3 pixels on focused items.
I see now that all images in Slide View have sharp edges, probably because of the new unwatched sign. Too bad, I liked the rounded edges.
Sranshaft Wrote:Excellent, one bug down! Always seems to happen that way though Laugh
Ain't that the truth Confused

Quote:Just notice two more things regarding the watched / unwatched flags. Well, I'm not getting any. I've tried, with the settings turned off and turned on without any luck with either. Manually setting the movie to watched then back to unwatched.
This is so frustrating. They showed up fine for me, but when I used the compiled build they didn't show up for me either. At first I thought there's something wrong with my build script, only to find out the problem was in the code. Why they did show up in the uncompiled version is beyond me..

Quote:- The setting 'Display unwatched indicators in file mode' doesn't do anything. It's not toggleable.
For now, unwatched indicators for files are not available. I have some reworking to do there, partly because of some recent XBMC changes. Sorry, I forgot to mention that. They will make return soon though. For now, I'll hide the setting.

Quote:- The Program button on the main menu doesn't actually take us to the Program Addons window. It's takes us to the Programs window and then from there we can select the Addons window.
Right, fixed

Quote:+ Not really a bug but have you had any thought on how to handle movie sets? At the moment it displays 'min' and shows an unknown resolution icon. Perhaps you can have it show movie set for the text and show a group of discs for the resolution icon would help these stand out as sets more? Just a thought.
Not sure what's possible there until movie sets are properly supported in XBMC, but I'll have a look.

Quote:- Playlist added to the video submenu can only use viewtypes for video addons (list and thumbnail). The window title itself displays Video Addons instead of playlist.
I'm not seeing this, but I will investigate. What kind of playlist did you enter? Is it a playlist with mixed content types perhaps?

Quote:- I was able to get the unwatched overlay to appear but I can confirm they are off vertically by 2 - 3 pixels on focused items.
Strange, what kind of resolution? And is it in particular viewtypes or in all?

Hopefully I can post a refresh build tomorrow to take care of some of the issues.
Jeroen Wrote:Not sure what's possible there until movie sets are properly supported in XBMC, but I'll have a look.

Other skins like Fusion I believe look to see if the fileitem is a folder in order to determine if it's a movie set or not but I'm not 100% sure on that. It's kind of hackish but it's stop gap until something more permanent can be added.

Jeroen Wrote:I'm not seeing this, but I will investigate. What kind of playlist did you enter? Is it a playlist with mixed content types perhaps?

No, the playlist is a straight movie playlist.

Ugh...just tried the newest build xbmc-r1d845da-master compiled on March 19th which seems to be working now but the unwatched overlays aren't working anymore.

The older build compiled on March 16th shows the unwatched overlays but the playlists default to the addon viewtypes. Not exactly sure what has changed between the two but it's solved one problem but introduced another. Laugh

Edit: So now unwatched overlays are not working for the movie library but are working for the TV library. The mystery continues...

Jeroen Wrote:Strange, what kind of resolution? And is it in particular viewtypes or in all?

Resolution is set to 720p. Strange thing is, it's only happening when the poster is predominately white or has white along the edges. Maybe it's a masking problem because the same thing occurs in the banner view for banner with a white / lighter background.

Found one more thing, I know I'm sorry... Blush The animation while entering the home screen is severely choppy. This is on a ATI HD 5450 so it should be able to handle most things and does fine for the majority of the animations. It just chokes on the home screen animation. I feel it's bottlenecking with the slide animation of the menu combined with the fade in animation of the background.

Some more bugs

- Going to Video Files shows Video Add-ons in the window title.

- Going to Movie > Directors just shows Directors in the window title, not Movies Directors as it should.

- Going to Movie > Sets shows Countries in the window title and not Movie Sets as it should.

- Going to Movie > Countries shows Video Add-ons in the window title.

- Going to Video Playlists show a blank shadow border.

- The textbox for the plot needs to be reduced by about 3-4 pixels.

- If I enter a playlist from the video submenu then back out, the window title display video addons instead of video playlists.

On a more positive note, I simple love the new startup animation. Very professional and it's bit of a shame we don't get to see more of it.
@Jeroen is there a way to show an image if the banner isn't present? Maybe a white banner with Show title inside it? That's not a bug itself but it looks weird to have a transparent image and the unwatch tag floating arround Smile

Another question, when you are in the cast part in info window, there's a way to make <onleft> and <onright> go to the cast button?
Very nice update Jeroen!

A few questions: Why are all my settings returned to default after the update?

And will you implemend a toggable setting for seperate movies/tv show on the main menu? Editing xml's after every update is frustrating (although there not that frequent)

Besides this, i like the progress of the skin, will need to get used to the new osd.

Keep up the good work!!
Sranshaft Wrote:Found one more thing, I know I'm sorry... Blush The animation while entering the home screen is severely choppy. This is on a ATI HD 5450 so it should be able to handle most things and does fine for the majority of the animations. It just chokes on the home screen animation. I feel it's bottlenecking with the slide animation of the menu combined with the fade in animation of the background.
I think it may also have something to do with loading up the recentlyadded script. But this is only on startup right, not when re-entering home from movies for example?

Quote:Some more bugs

- Going to Video Files shows Video Add-ons in the window title.
This is because of XBMC's moving files into the main node recently, this should not be a problem on Dharma. But it will need updating.

Quote:- Going to Movie > Directors just shows Directors in the window title, not Movies Directors as it should.
At the time, I couldn't get that to work. Don't remember exactly, but it seemed to me there was no true separation between movie directors and music video directors. I'll revisit it and see what I can do.

Quote:- Going to Movie > Sets shows Countries in the window title and not Movie Sets as it should.
Will have to investigate as I don't use movie sets.

Quote:- Going to Movie > Countries shows Video Add-ons in the window title.
Ditto

Quote:- Going to Video Playlists show a blank shadow border.
This also is because of recent XBMC changes, it should not happen with 10.1

Quote:- The textbox for the plot needs to be reduced by about 3-4 pixels.
On the list

Quote:- If I enter a playlist from the video submenu then back out, the window title display video addons instead of video playlists.
Weird, will look into that

Quote:On a more positive note, I simple love the new startup animation. Very professional and it's bit of a shame we don't get to see more of it.
Thanks, my first adobe after effects steps Smile

Cheers for all the feedback!

EDIT: seems the above are all easily fixed. However, it will break stuff for XBMC 10.0/10.1
Ran into one more bug...I swear, it's the last one for today. Laugh

• 78(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated)14