• 162(current)
v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated)
(2012-04-25, 14:48)PatrickBateman Wrote: You don't fancy editing that file to look like your other screens as well do you Wink
For movies is pretty simple to add the cover instead of network logo, but for tv shows I don't think is possible. I actually made this for me a while back, but eventually reverted to the original because the cover was distracting as I use OSD info to check the progress/finish time mostly.
reFocus - Simply the best
(2012-04-25, 16:53)Galefury Wrote:
(2012-04-25, 14:48)PatrickBateman Wrote: You don't fancy editing that file to look like your other screens as well do you Wink
For movies is pretty simple to add the cover instead of network logo, but for tv shows I don't think is possible. I actually made this for me a while back, but eventually reverted to the original because the cover was distracting as I use OSD info to check the progress/finish time mostly.

I see,
Do you have a file available, I'd love to test this to see how it looks in comparison. I find the gap on the left of the movie description (when viewing info while movie is playing) to be distracting as it seems as if something has been left out or is missing.

I'd like to see the new view you've created, ported over to the OSD view so they look Identicle.

I've tested the other file and so far it looks perfect. The only minor (OCD) issue I could find was that when in TV Show gallery view, the network logo (above the rating) sometimes jump around a bit and are not quite central, some also merge or overlap with the stars on occasion.

It's a very minor (non issue)however it is noticeable with the comedy central and Channel 4 logos. Again, it's a non issue really but thought I'd mention it just in case it can easily be sorted either by a quick edit or a relocation Smile

What a fantastic mod so far,
Truly appreciated!
Ok, updated the download links again. I made the network logos a little smaller, I hope they don't overlap now.
On it Smile

Edit:

Great stuff.
The logos are a much better fit now, with no overlapping that I can see and they look great. The overall look of this edit is very clean and elegant. I can't see any further bugs/issues with it. I think it's great!

I for one am very appreciative of this edit. I hope you continue with more.

One thing I did notice (not bug related) some of my TV series have no logos (the killing for example) and i notcied the screen actually looks quite nice and clean without them, I wonder if a switch could possibly be added or perhaps 2 versions of this edit? One which displays the logos and one without? (or coud you post the edits I'd need to make and I'll make them and can then test/view both variations)

Obviously this will affect the resolution (480p etc) being displayed on the movie display screen, but again, I think there is a nice minimalist look when these are removed, then again they are very useful when enabled... Smile

Overall, This is a fantastic edit and it should definetetly be considered into the main skin as its a fantastic mod and offers a cracking viewing expereice for those who dislike bright contrasty text!

Here's hoping you'll consider cloning this mod over to the OSD too Smile

Thanks again
Pat~

One stupid question... how can I download the nightly version of reFocus?

Thanks dudes
(2012-04-25, 22:06)Craymel Wrote: One stupid question... how can I download the nightly version of reFocus?

Thanks dudes

Hi,
Just go here and select download:
https://github.com/jeroenpardon/skin.refocus

Once the zip has downloaded, extract as normal and run the texture packer exe. The texture packer doesn't work on my machine (due to certain files being missing) however it may work on yours as it works for others.

If it doesnt work, let me know aNd ill either send you a working packer or I'll build the skin and upload it to media fire with all of these wonderful edits included, and all you'll need to do is unzip it into your Addons folder Smile

These edits are certainly worth the effort, the other half just walked in from work, put on an episode of friends, and a smile immediately graced her face Smile she is very very happy with this new look.
The skin works even if textures aren't packed. As for the netwoks logo, if you want them gone, open MyVideoNav.xml go to line 515 where it says <texture>$VAR[flag_Studio]</texture> and delete that line or comment it <!--- ---> if you want to reactivate it later. The video resolution for movies won't be affected.
Brilliant,
Ill edit that line and have a look at both views Smile

The wife sends her thanks Smile she was loving the new look last night, it's hard to kept that one happy so kudos from me too Smile

So by commenting out the code above it will remove the network logo, what about the removal of the 480p logos etc and just replacing them with the "HD" logo present in the original screenshots? Can I also do this by a quick edit? I'd like to try it with no moniker for SD movies and then the little HD logo for 720+ movies to see how that looks?

Feel free to tell me to eff off though if I'm asking to many questions Smile I'm just very excited about these edits as they are exactly what I could have hoped for and they truly remove the small niggles we used to have with the GUI.

Thanks again,
Pat~
To change resolution logos with HD one, open MyVideoNav.xml and comment or delete from line 492 to line 501 the part where is says
Code:
            <control type="group">
                    <align>right</align>
                    <posx>950</posx>
                    <posy>5</posy>
                    <control type="image">
                        <width>110</width>
                        <height>39</height>
                        <texture>$INFO[Listitem.VideoResolution,flags/video/resolution/,.png]</texture>
                    </control>
                </control>

and replace it with this one
Code:
<control type="image">
                    <posx>995</posx>
                    <posy>-5</posy>
                    <width>55</width>
                    <height>55</height>
                    <aspectratio align="center">keep</aspectratio>
                    <texture>flags/video/HD/nf-HD.png</texture>
                    <visible>stringcompare(Listitem.VideoResolution,720) | stringcompare(Listitem.VideoResolution,1080)</visible>
                </control>
This works only for git version.
I updated (again) the download links, making resolution logos a bit smaller, looks better this way, I think.
(2012-04-26, 11:08)Galefury Wrote: To change resolution logos with HD one, open MyVideoNav.xml and comment or delete from line 492 to line 501 the part where is says
Code:
            <control type="group">
                    <align>right</align>
                    <posx>950</posx>
                    <posy>5</posy>
                    <control type="image">
                        <width>110</width>
                        <height>39</height>
                        <texture>$INFO[Listitem.VideoResolution,flags/video/resolution/,.png]</texture>
                    </control>
                </control>

and replace it with this one
Code:
<control type="image">
                    <posx>995</posx>
                    <posy>-5</posy>
                    <width>55</width>
                    <height>55</height>
                    <aspectratio align="center">keep</aspectratio>
                    <texture>flags/video/HD/nf-HD.png</texture>
                    <visible>stringcompare(Listitem.VideoResolution,720) | stringcompare(Listitem.VideoResolution,1080)</visible>
                </control>
This works only for git version.
I updated (again) the download links, making resolution logos a bit smaller, looks better this way, I think.

You sir... You.... Are a saint!

Edit:
Fantastic. I've removed network logos for a clean look, and replaced the resolution logo with the HD moniker and it looks perfect. Thanks again for taking the time to do these edits and to also help with pointing out the edits I need to do manually.

I do hope you have the time one day to look at the OSD display (when a movie is playing) as I think it would be wonderful if it looked exactly like the movie info display you have created here.

Thanks again,
Pat~
thanks Patrick! It worked great!
(2012-04-26, 13:58)Craymel Wrote: thanks Patrick! It worked great!

Your welcome Smile

Galefurys edits are wonderful with the new git version.
The removal of the network logos and the HD logo look very clean and crisp too (personal preference of course)

Give them a shot and see what you think,
If you experience any issues editing the files, let me know and I'll up the edtied ones for you.

Talk soon,
Pat~
Galefury, thanks for your work on the gallery view and the chapter info mod.
I have used "standard" refocus for some time now (a 1 year or so)

but i just joined this thread again and i see galefury has done lots of tweaks, i just have a question, where i can find all his tweaks, and not dig threw hundreds of forum posts.

TV: UE55F8005
XBMC: Mac mini 2012 with windows 8.1
SOUND: Sonos playbar + Sonos Sub + 2x Rear Play: 3
I'm trying to download the mod of Galefury but the link is down... could you upload it again?
Thanks again Wink
  • 162(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated)14