• 164(current)
v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated)
hey thank you for the quick response!

I believe you are correct, that entering via "video" takes me to file mode. But I could've swore that if I go into my TV show folder, it displays fanarts even in file mode. Is that something different? Also, when I used Confluence, I think entering the movie section under file mode still displayed posters, but maybe that's just different skins behaving differently.

I didn't install additional plugins to download extra artworks, I only used the default xbmc scrapper, grabbing info/images from thetvdb.com. I guess that's why there weren't tv show posters, then?

Some additional info for my setup. Since I am using ATV2, I am not sure what the best way to capture screenshot is. I am also not sure if I need to worry about storage space issue if I start grabbing a bunch of extra artworks... =P
When having Fan Art enabled is there a way to turn the blue tint back ground into dim black?
I don't mind editing xml.
It's not controlled by a setting, it's actually a semitransparent blue image. You must replace it with another.
reFocus - Simply the best
@Galefury,

I've just stumbled across some of your old posts and never knew just how many edits you had done for refocus.

Have you consider, or are you currently working on a FuryFocus type mod Smile

Some of the things you have modded, such as clear art, views, colour changes, OSD changes etc etc are fantastic and a mod version with all your personal touches included would be fantastic.

I also noticed zombie robot did a horizontal Menu which looked good too, I'd love to see your vision of refocus as looking back over your modes it seems you have a true vision for this skin that I think many really appreciate.

Any way,
Thanks again and hope to see more edit soon Smile

Pat~
(2012-05-03, 13:44)Galefury Wrote: It's not controlled by a setting, it's actually a semitransparent blue image. You must replace it with another.

Thank you for the reply. What is the image name?
Background.png Is in media/backgrounds folder.
(2012-04-28, 23:23)Galefury Wrote: Here's another small tweak, blue seekbar. It includes chapters code (if available). I disabled the cache progress bar, it looks better without and I have no use for it. You can enable if you want, just ask here. It's just a single file, drop it in 720p folder. Back up original file first, just in case. Enjoy.

download for 0.9.5

download for latest GIT

How do I re-enable the cache progress bar? I like to see if it is buffering.

Good work.

Thanks.
(2012-05-04, 10:23)tarff Wrote: How do I re-enable the cache progress bar? I like to see if it is buffering.

Good work.

Thanks.

Open DialogSeekBar.xml. Between lines 43 and 53 (44 - 54 for GIT version) you should see something like this
Code:
                <!--cache progress
                <control type="progress" id="1">
                    <width>770</width>
                    <height>22</height>
                    <info>Player.CacheLevel</info>
                    <texturebg border="10">dialogs/cacheBackground.png</texturebg>
                    <midtexture border="10.5">dialogs/cacheSlider.png</midtexture>
                    <lefttexture>-</lefttexture>
                    <righttexture>-</righttexture>
                    <overlaytexture>-</overlaytexture>
                </control>   --->

You need to add ---> on line 43 to uncomment the next 10 lines. It will look like this
Code:
<!--cache progress  --->
Reload the skin and that's it.
(2012-05-02, 16:01)PatrickBateman Wrote: Hi,

Your first question sounds ok (if I've interpreted it correctly).

Entering through "videos" takes me to my files mode/views and therefore does not display the Information available or stored in the library mode "movies".

So unless I have mis-interpreted your question, this sounds like perfectly normal behaviour.

For your second questions, it could be a few things.

1: Do you have posters available for tv shows?
2: If yes... Then they should enable when you change the view to "thumbnails" view while viewing the tv series library.
3: if no, install the "artwork downloader" plugin by Martjin, then set that puppy running, it will grab everything you need for your library and will allow you to use additional views in other skins etc too (extra fanart etc)

Something helpful that would help aid resolving your issue, would be either a picture of your settings page, or just write down what you have enabled and disabled in the skin settings/options, mainly to ensure we don't suggest something you've already checked/tried/enabled etc Smile

I hope this is of some help to you,
Pat~
Okay, I tried using both the artwork downloader and also downloading the images manually, and now I kind of have the opposite problem. I know have the posters downloaded, and they are placed in each of the tv show and movie folders on a network shared drive. I now have both a folder.jpg and poster.jpg in my folders.

When i browse for tv shows all the images show up fine, both through video>browse (file mode), and through "tv show" directly (library mode).

However, now the problem is my movies section. when I go through video>browse (file mode), the poster images show up. But when I go in through , "movies" directly (library) none of the posters show. Thumbnail view just shows the default "cinema" poster for all the movies. =/ Fanarts work fine though, if I switch to gallery view each movie has their fanart displayed.

Below is my skin settings:

homescreen
display time checked
use fanart slideshow checked
display playing video in background checked
the rest unchecked

artwork
all unchecked

view settings
enable meida overlays checked
the rest unchecked

other
enable virtual keyboard checked
disable startup intro checked
the rest unchecked

again, any help will be greatly appreciated!
(2012-05-08, 13:26)mixinluv2u Wrote:
(2012-05-02, 16:01)PatrickBateman Wrote: Hi,

Your first question sounds ok (if I've interpreted it correctly).

Entering through "videos" takes me to my files mode/views and therefore does not display the Information available or stored in the library mode "movies".

So unless I have mis-interpreted your question, this sounds like perfectly normal behaviour.

For your second questions, it could be a few things.

1: Do you have posters available for tv shows?
2: If yes... Then they should enable when you change the view to "thumbnails" view while viewing the tv series library.
3: if no, install the "artwork downloader" plugin by Martjin, then set that puppy running, it will grab everything you need for your library and will allow you to use additional views in other skins etc too (extra fanart etc)

Something helpful that would help aid resolving your issue, would be either a picture of your settings page, or just write down what you have enabled and disabled in the skin settings/options, mainly to ensure we don't suggest something you've already checked/tried/enabled etc Smile

I hope this is of some help to you,
Pat~
Okay, I tried using both the artwork downloader and also downloading the images manually, and now I kind of have the opposite problem. I know have the posters downloaded, and they are placed in each of the tv show and movie folders on a network shared drive. I now have both a folder.jpg and poster.jpg in my folders.

When i browse for tv shows all the images show up fine, both through video>browse (file mode), and through "tv show" directly (library mode).

However, now the problem is my movies section. when I go through video>browse (file mode), the poster images show up. But when I go in through , "movies" directly (library) none of the posters show. Thumbnail view just shows the default "cinema" poster for all the movies. =/ Fanarts work fine though, if I switch to gallery view each movie has their fanart displayed.

Below is my skin settings:

homescreen
display time checked
use fanart slideshow checked
display playing video in background checked
the rest unchecked

artwork
all unchecked

view settings
enable meida overlays checked
the rest unchecked

other
enable virtual keyboard checked
disable startup intro checked
the rest unchecked

again, any help will be greatly appreciated!

You may need to rescrape your movies back into your library for these items to show (or at the very least, refresh them)

You can either update them manually/individually (if there's not many) or you can remove your currently library and reimport the new updated one, or the easest thing would be to clean the existing library and then perform an "update library" from the options.

One of these options should work for you and your good to go Smile
hey thanks so much PatrickBateman!! I resolved my issue and now all my images show... I removed the source, cleaned library, added the source back... and viola! =) It's weird how it wasn't showing up before though...
(2012-05-09, 03:38)mixinluv2u Wrote: hey thanks so much PatrickBateman!! I resolved my issue and now all my images show... I removed the source, cleaned library, added the source back... and viola! =) It's weird how it wasn't showing up before though...

You're welcome,
Glad you got it sorted Smile

Yea, xbmc can be very funny with certain things, it can sometimes appear to behave in a manner which seems counter Intuative. However, once it's up and running, its a fantastic piece of software.

Now! Sit back and enjoy the fruits of your labour, watch some movies and stop tinkering Wink
I just bought a NAS though, so that'll be my next tinkering... move all of my files over and start streaming from there.
I've got that to do with my music ... Been putting it off for ... For ever really lol Smile it never ends Big Grin
Photo 

refocus looks so good on my new TV Big Grin

Mind the glare, redecorating the basement, and no curtains is up :p
TV: UE55F8005
XBMC: Mac mini 2012 with windows 8.1
SOUND: Sonos playbar + Sonos Sub + 2x Rear Play: 3
  • 164(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated)14