• 31(current)
v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated)
RazorFR Wrote:Here below a small overlapping text issue in info view / cast.
Apologies if already mentionned before. thanks again for this great skin
Yes, that's a problem. Now that the height of the list of information above the cast list is variable (depending on how much info is available in the library about the movie), there's not a way to determine where the cast info should be.

This will not be fixed in the next release as I'm planning a better solution here which I need some more time for.
Hi Jeroen,
Great skin, first of all!

But I have a small problem with it. When I go from the home screen to a sub menu (the videos submenu for example) I can't use the B button on my controller, which is mapped to the 'ParentDir' action, to get back to the main menu. The only way to return to the main menu is hitting the Left button.

This is somewhat annoying because I'm used to using the B button. It's really awkward to have to press the Left button all the time.

Currently I got this workaround in my keymap.xml, but it really feels like a hack and it does not work with other skins:
Code:
<!-- Home submenu fix for reFocus -->
  <Home>
    <joystick name="Controller (Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows)">
      <button id="2">Left</button> <!-- B -->
    </joystick>
  </Home>

Could you make it work with the 'ParentDir' action, please?
Jeroen, I'm on Windows, where would the keymap.xml file be so I can change the menu back button to cancel instead of left?
petey123 Wrote:Hi Jeroen,
Great skin, first of all!

But I have a small problem with it. When I go from the home screen to a sub menu (the videos submenu for example) I can't use the B button on my controller, which is mapped to the 'ParentDir' action, to get back to the main menu. The only way to return to the main menu is hitting the Left button.

This is somewhat annoying because I'm used to using the B button. It's really awkward to have to press the Left button all the time.

Currently I got this workaround in my keymap.xml, but it really feels like a hack and it does not work with other skins:
Code:
<!-- Home submenu fix for reFocus -->
  <Home>
    <joystick name="Controller (Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows)">
      <button id="2">Left</button> <!-- B -->
    </joystick>
  </Home>

Could you make it work with the 'ParentDir' action, please?

This has been discussed ad nauseum.
RandomXBMCUser Wrote:Jeroen, I'm on Windows, where would the keymap.xml file be so I can change the menu back button to cancel instead of left?

From the top of my head, I believe it's *your xbmc userprofile*\system\keymaps\
Sranshaft Wrote:This has been discussed ad nauseum.

Would you mind telling me where, so I can read the arguments? :-) I used the search function (term: "refocus submenu") and couldn't find anything.

If it was discussed in this thread, which page are you referring to?
petey123 Wrote:Would you mind telling me where, so I can read the arguments? :-) I used the search function (term: "refocus submenu") and couldn't find anything.

If it was discussed in this thread, which page are you referring to?

The thread was stickied and appears on the first page of the Focus threads.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=77726

Edit: Sorry, that sticky was to show how to hack in using the back button. If you look back a couple of pages in this thread, well throughout the entire thread really, you will see Jeroen's opinion on the matter and why he made the decision to use 'left' as opposed to the 'back' button.

Basically I would wait and see what Jeroen has planned for the home / submenu in upcoming additions before we try and shoehorn hacks and whatnot on to what is, in my opinion, one of the best skins for XBMC to date.

@Jeroen: I've found another codec that is in need of an image. The newest versions of Handbrake spit back 'mp4v' if you set it to use FFMPEG for encoding. It's a simple matter of copying the image already used for mp4.
Sranshaft Wrote:If you look back a couple of pages in this thread, well throughout the entire thread really, you will see Jeroen's opinion on the matter and why he made the decision to use 'left' as opposed to the 'back' button.
It's not even a decision perse, it's simply not possible to do.

Petey123, You can't be used to using "Back" because no other skin uses Back to go to a previous menu, it is only available to go back a screen.

Quote:@Jeroen: I've found another codec that is in need of an image. The newest versions of Handbrake spit back 'mp4v' if you set it to use FFMPEG for encoding. It's a simple matter of copying the image already used for mp4.
Will do, cheers
Jeroen - love the skin, very slick. One thing that I personally would like to do is change the font - not in size, but in style (I just can't get used to lower case type - particularly where a capital should be). Is there any way i can amend to reflect this - keeping the same font if possible? Thanks
steelman1991 Wrote:Jeroen - love the skin, very slick. One thing that I personally would like to do is change the font - not in size, but in style (I just can't get used to lower case type - particularly where a capital should be). Is there any way i can amend to reflect this - keeping the same font if possible? Thanks

Yes, you would have to change the fonts.xml file. An unaltered all case version of the font is included in the fonts folder.
Cheers mate - gonna go and play some - thanks. Oh one last thing don't know if its something I've missed, but when I back out of library mode - I'm taken via what looks like the file browser screens for movies and video library, before reaching the home screen, is that normal behaviour? screenshots below to illustrate.

On other skins I've tried, ensuring the following was unchecked was sufficient to skip this part Settings\Appearance\File Lists\Show Parent Folder Items
That's normal behaviour, the setting you mention has nothing to do with this.
Wanted to post to say big thanks and well done Jeroen on the skin. I was looking to setup XBMC for ages and finally took the plunge last Christmas. Since then tried various skins and ReFocus has become my favourite (Alaska remains a close second!).

I'd like to throw in a suggestion but I've no idea if it's possible. Because I usually rip my films with more than one audio track I'd like to know which is playing. I know this can be found from "o" or even "i" but that requires input every time the movie starts (I'm lazy!). I'd quite like the option of having the codec logos appear in some discreet manner (top right corner or something) for a few seconds when the movie starts, e.g. 1080p Dolby TrueHD. I've seen this on commercial players of course and other PC based players but I've not seen it on other XBMC skins hence my having no idea if it's even possible.

Suggestion out the way. Thanks for adding Dolby TrueHD/DTS HD Master/etc. Could you possibly add one for the VC1 video codec (appears as wvc1)?
Drae Wrote:Wanted to post to say big thanks and well done Jeroen on the skin. I was looking to setup XBMC for ages and finally took the plunge last Christmas. Since then tried various skins and ReFocus has become my favourite (Alaska remains a close second!).
Thanks Smile

Quote:I'd like to throw in a suggestion but I've no idea if it's possible. Because I usually rip my films with more than one audio track I'd like to know which is playing. I know this can be found from "o" or even "i" but that requires input every time the movie starts (I'm lazy!). I'd quite like the option of having the codec logos appear in some discreet manner (top right corner or something) for a few seconds when the movie starts, e.g. 1080p Dolby TrueHD. I've seen this on commercial players of course and other PC based players but I've not seen it on other XBMC skins hence my having no idea if it's even possible.
Just so I understand correctly, are these two seperate requests or one? Do you mean showing the codec logo of the audio track that is currently playing? Aren't those mostly the same? (serious question I don't really ever play multi track media Wink )
I think it should be possible in that case and I think it would be a nice addition.

Quote:Suggestion out the way. Thanks for adding Dolby TrueHD/DTS HD Master/etc. Could you possibly add one for the VC1 video codec (appears as wvc1)?
Yes, I've added it in my version and it will be included in the next update.
Jeroen Wrote:Do you mean showing the codec logo of the audio track that is currently playing? Aren't those mostly the same? (serious question I don't really ever play multi track media Wink ). I think it should be possible in that case and I think it would be a nice addition.
Yes I think we're thinking along the same lines. For various reasons I often rip a movie with both its high definition audio track (e.g. pcm, truehd, dts hdma/flac) and the "low def" audio track/s (dolby digital, dts). And while it's "easy" to check which is playing I thought it may be nice to flash up the current resolution and audio codecs at movie start - optional ofc. If nothing else it could look kinda cool and flashy.
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated)14