• 80(current)
v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated)
MaDDoGo Wrote:Was your reFocus 0.9 version tested with nigthlies? I haven't tried night because I was afraid that the skin won't work like expected and I don't like Confluence.
Yest, it has been tested on nightlies. I would say it generally works better on nightlies than on 10.0/10.1

Quote:A little offtopic, databases are backed up after you update to Eden?
I would say back up your db manually just to be sure. I believe at some point going from 10.1 to nightlies it trashed mine.

Quote:I hope you can solve all skin errors (I have none of them on march 6th nigthly) and everyone can enjoy this awsome skin.

I can and will fix them. Which brings me to my stance on development at the moment. I will concentrate purely on developing for nightlies/Eden from now on. reFocus 0.8.9.6 should be considered as the last Dharma compatible release.

There's quite a lot of things going on in XBMC that have impact on skinning, and I simply do not have the time or desire to keep the skin backwards compatible.

Once the nightlies reach a (semi)stable state a new release can be expected.
Jeroen Wrote:I can and will fix them. Which brings me to my stance on development at the moment. I will concentrate purely on developing for nightlies/Eden from now on. reFocus 0.8.9.6 should be considered as the last Dharma compatible release.

There's quite a lot of things going on in XBMC that have impact on skinning, and I simply do not have the time or desire to keep the skin backwards compatible.

Please reconsider; there's no telling when Eden will be released. I love the new version and I really don't want to roll it back.

I've only experienced a handful of issues myself, like the unwatched label not appearing in gallery view.

I know my plea will probably make no difference, but I wanted to give my two pennies.
Jeroen Wrote:Once the nightlies reach a (semi)stable state a new release can be expected.
How about reFocus nightlies? The more testers, the more bugs and weird behaviors discovered.

Forum is good for discussing features and stuff but not for bugs. Here's the plan:
1. reFocus nightlies
2. bugtrack (Trac, Google code or other?)
Polish language translator/maintainer for Grid skin.
sorry, maybe a stupid question but where actually do i get version 0.9? the link brings me to a download page wich contains only version 0.8.9.6 plus a strings.xml for version 0.9.
a_user Wrote:sorry, maybe a stupid question but where actually do i get version 0.9? the link brings me to a download page wich contains only version 0.8.9.6 plus a strings.xml for version 0.9.

You can't get 0.9...he pulled it due to the amount of inconsistencies / bugs between XBMC 10.1 and the nightlies. If you go back 7 posts he details his reason behind it more clearly.
very thanks. i was looking in previous post but must have missed this.
BigDaddyRal Wrote:Please reconsider; there's no telling when Eden will be released.
Just to be clear, I'm not going to wait for the final Eden release. I am going to concentrate on developing on and for the (pre-Eden) nightly builds though.
There are some changes ahead in XBMC that will have a big impact in several areas of the skin, and which will cause issues on Dharma installs. All sorts of workarounds would be needed to prevent those from happening.

In the end the choice will simply be continue using 0.8.9.6, or using 0.9.x. The latter will require a nightly build to work properly. If reFocus would have 1.0 release I would approach this differently, but right now looking ahead is the right thing to do imo.

Kolabor Wrote:How about reFocus nightlies? The more testers, the more bugs and weird behaviors discovered.

Forum is good for discussing features and stuff but not for bugs. Here's the plan:
1. reFocus nightlies
2. bugtrack (Trac, Google code or other?)
Yes, I am considering options like that.
The problem is that you are developing this skin under nightlies Jeroen. Well... for me this is not a problem at all. I'm using nightlies and feel OK with it.

You should release a version with feature freeze that is compatible with latest stable release and then stop supporting that version, concentrate on fixing bugs and new features - but - for nightlies only. Then, once again, next stable xbmc and next stable reFocus with feature freeze.

Well... Only most annoying bugs could be fixed in some sort of hotfixes for reFocus on xbmc stable version.

Want stability? Use older skin version and stable xbmc
Want latest/not fully tested features? Then we should have "minefiled" reFocus and xbmc nightlies.

Just as I wrote earlier. You can't find all of those nasty bugs. Each of us uses a different setup. So, "minefield" version should be done/released on regular basis.

Version 0.9 gave us all a good lesson I think.
Hi Jeroen, how can i add/ edit missing studio logos/ music record labels in the skin? What is the folder structure you are using in the skin.
CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
Kolabor Wrote:You should release a version with feature freeze that is compatible with latest stable release and then stop supporting that version, concentrate on fixing bugs and new features - but - for nightlies only. Then, once again, next stable xbmc and next stable reFocus with feature freeze.

Well... Only most annoying bugs could be fixed in some sort of hotfixes for reFocus on xbmc stable version.

Want stability? Use older skin version and stable xbmc
Want latest/not fully tested features? Then we should have "minefiled" reFocus and xbmc nightlies.

I agree, but isn't that just what I'm planning to do? 0.8.9.6 can be considered as the one to stick to for Dharma, and 0.9 and up will be for nigthlies.
I don't feel there are any really big problems with 0.8.9.6, I think it's a highly usable skin. The only really big problem with it would be the issues with the scrollbars.
Then do it Wink
Is weather.com plus addon going to be supported in future?
CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
bandelguy Wrote:Is weather.com plus addon going to be supported in future?

Possibly. But it's one of those "when everything else is done" things.

bandelguy Wrote:Hi Jeroen, how can i add/ edit missing studio logos/ music record labels in the skin? What is the folder structure you are using in the skin.
Sorry, missed that one before.
the paths are

\flags\labels
\flags\studios
Hi Jeroen

I was just having a look through refocus 0.9 to see what was not working for me. One thing that cropped up that I didn't see in any other posts was for custom slideshow.

The setting fills sets skin.refocus.slideshow.custom to the desired path but no slideshow is shown on the home screen. I needed to manually add the same path to skin.refocus.slideshow, once I did the custom slideshow works.

Cheers

mortstar
Known bug. I reported it to Jeroen by e-mail some time ago. From the 0.9.1 pending changelog:
Quote:FIX: custom homescreen slideshow not showing up - done
  • 80(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated)14