Multizone Video
Information 
Hi, sorry if this post not belong to this area, in this case please advise me.

I want to send video to a 5 differents rooms with XBMC, I am not sure if XBMC supports this multizone but this is what I think how to doit:

1 NAS server connected to 5 Mac mini, this way each Mac mini will read the movies from the server, then each Mac video ouput to each room.

I know 5 Macs is crazy and expensive, this is why Im here asking for a better hardware/software configuration....

Thanks in advance

Update: Sorry I miss to say, there is 5 Mini macs to send 5 differents video sources/movies to each rooms
This isn't really a multi-zone configuration, you're just looking to support multiple instances of XBMC on separate devices all pulling from a single source (The NAS).

The ONLY problems you'll run into is network bandwidth, and disk throughput on the NAS. If you have all 5 devices simultaneously streaming different Blu-Ray discs from the NAS, it might not be able to handle the constant going back and forth of reading from the hard drive and sending it down the wire.
Information 
Philmatic Wrote:This isn't really a multi-zone configuration, you're just looking to support multiple instances of XBMC on separate devices all pulling from a single source (The NAS).

The ONLY problems you'll run into is network bandwidth, and disk throughput on the NAS. If you have all 5 devices simultaneously streaming different Blu-Ray discs from the NAS, it might not be able to handle the constant going back and forth of reading from the hard drive and sending it down the wire.

Its for sure that maybe not going to happen 5 rooms view a movie at the same time, but you know how are the clients, they want the best technology.

And there is no 50gb bluray movies files, the biggest are 12gb mkv's and a lot of ISOs dvds 4-6gb each, in my previos experiences I haven had any problems with network bandwith.

What I really want is to remove 4 Macs minis and leave only one, and replace for a software or a hardware (I dont know if they exists) who can deliver 5 differet signal to each rooms

Thanks in advance
That is definitely not going to happen. 1 Macmini can certainly not serve 5 different screens.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:That is definitely not going to happen. 1 Macmini can certainly not serve 5 different screens.

Yes, I know that, thas why I ask advice for some aditional harware/software solution

Thanks
fernandofg Wrote:Yes, I know that, thas why I ask advice for some aditional harware/software solution

Thanks

http://www.audioauthority.com
Information 
D-tyme Wrote:http://www.audioauthority.com

Thanks a lot for the hardware advise, one question, do you think is impossible to get what I want with software?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multizone Video0