"Refresh" button greyed out in Movie Information
I have one movie that xbmc refused to autodetect; I manually added it from the video library (as I have with others in the past) and it plays fine. xbmc detects the size, codec, etc. just fine as well -- but it can't find the movie information.

I tried going to the information panel so I could click refresh and pick an option or manually search, but the refresh button is greyed out for that one particular movie and I don't know why -- or what I can do to fix it. Any suggestions?
If you manually added it then you can't refresh it by the looks. I agree that this seems silly, but I assume the reasoning is that you only add it manually if you can't find it online, thus refreshing it isn't something you really want to do.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Are you sure? I'm pretty sure I've manually added other movies that I was then able to refresh to search manually.

If that's the case, how do I get xbmc to detect the video without manually adding it? It's sitting in the movies folder like everything else, but xbmc hasn't wanted to add it to the movie library since day one.
You hit Movie Information on the file in question.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Yeah, in my first post, I said that I go to Movie Information and the Refresh button is greyed out.
I removed the entry in the library, renamed the file and folder, then restarted xbmc; it autodetected it this time around. I guess I'll never really know what was going on.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Refresh" button greyed out in Movie Information0