Pal to ntsc
i'm interested in two pal only python scripts. i was wondering if the is some kind of rule for me to go into the scripts and change the location numbers in order to make the script work in ntsc. could it be that easy ?
i'm asking because there is a post in here describing how to make a specific script work from ntsc to pal.

thanks.
just change the y values of all controls by multiplying by 576/480 to go from ntsc->pal. divide by 576/480 going the other way (or equivalently multiply by the reciprocal 480/576 obviously!Wink
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

hi !
another 'trick' is to get the width and the height of the actual screen :
screenwidth=xbmc.getwidth()
screenheight=xbmc.getheight()
then use these values to set every object positions in the screen.
this was my 'tip of the day' Wink

anyway, your script will always work whatever screenmode you use ! only object position can be wrong but working
and if you position everything in relative coordinates (ie 0.5*screenwidth etc. etc.) then everything will look good, except possibly for font sizing issues.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(solexalex @ nov. 25 2004,07:41 Wrote:anyway, your script will always work whatever screenmode you use ! only object position can be wrong but working
i don't agree with that.
the script majstream which is a pal script when launched wouldn't show anything on my screen. i could tell that the script worked but i couldn't tell what was going on. after i changed the numbers, i could see the channel names etc. so technically yes it was working but it wasn't doing me much good unless i changed the numbers to fit a ntsc screen... :thumbsup:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pal to ntsc0