• 10(current)
Shade: Official Release Thread
jackthegroove Wrote:Ps: Does recently added work in confluence?

Yep, works fine
dave77 Wrote:I haven't knowingly changed the XBMC database, how would this happen?

I've just tried upgrading to 1.0.6 from 1.0.4 but get the following error, 1.0.5 worked fine though

Try installing a new version of XBMC because it looks like you still use the one before addons.
rename the folder containing the skin from "skin.shade" to "shade". "skin.shade" is that name you want if you are installing it through the add-ons install from zip method. if you rename the folder you can just move it to the skins folder and it will be recognized.

alternatively you could upgrade your version of xbmc as suggested earlier and move the "skin.shade" folder to add-ons and it will be recognized.
I don't think what the skin folder is called has any bearing on it.

Make sure that the skin.shade folder is not in a folder called skin.shade.

When it is zipped up, it is usually like skin.shade\skin.shade\all the other folders.

It should just be skin.shade\all the other folders

Hope that makes sense, or is related to what you are talking about?! Oo
nchall Wrote:alternatively you could upgrade your version of xbmc as suggested earlier and move the "skin.shade" folder to add-ons and it will be recognized.

I'll try that, I upgraded to the Dharma nightly, do you just copy to the add-ons folder now instead of skins?
dave77 Wrote:I'll try that, I upgraded to the Dharma nightly, do you just copy to the add-ons folder now instead of skins?

Yes.
I have a large database of over 18,000 tracks. It is really hard to browse these items as this skin doesn't include a quick jump. Usually you click right with the remote and this allows you to browse the items, in list view, quickly. Is there a different way of doing this with this skin.

Also is there a way to enable (carousel view ?)- so that settings options can't be selected when other users use the system.

Thanks in advance.

I love the skin - really beautiful and simple.
I will buy you a virtual beer if you help me sort out this remote...
Rob Xbox User Wrote:Also is there a way to enable (carousel view ?)- so that settings options can't be selected when other users use the system.

It is featured in the latest version of the skin, 1.0.6
Rob Xbox User Wrote:I have a large database of over 18,000 tracks. It is really hard to browse these items as this skin doesn't include a quick jump. Usually you click right with the remote and this allows you to browse the items, in list view, quickly. Is there a different way of doing this with this skin.

You can add the SMSJump commands to the number keys on your remote, see http://www.avforums.com/forums/12563042-post598.html
dave77 Wrote:I haven't knowingly changed the XBMC database, how would this happen?

I've just tried upgrading to 1.0.6 from 1.0.4 but get the following error, 1.0.5 worked fine though
The log says invalid animation when loading skin

I've got 1.0.6 working now on the nightly XBMC. It looks like 1.0.5 is the last version to work with 9.11 Camelot, something in 1.0.6 must prevent it working.

Also, recentlyadded is now working fine, maybe another 9.11 problem?

Kiosk mode is good, is it possible to remove the "View Options" menu on the list?

Still learning all the other options....what is glass overlay??
dave77 Wrote:I've got 1.0.6 working now on the nightly XBMC. It looks like 1.0.5 is the last version to work with 9.11 Camelot, something in 1.0.6 must prevent it working.

Also, recentlyadded is now working fine, maybe another 9.11 problem?

Kiosk mode is good, is it possible to remove the "View Options" menu on the list?

Still learning all the other options....what is glass overlay??

I will add a visible to the "View Options"

Glass Overlay adds a wavy overlay to a few random posters throughout the skin.
To learn more, click here.
Will you add support for Custom Favorite / Custom Playlist so we can add Smart Playlist (mostly interested in HD Movies) to home menu?
Handa Wrote:Will you add support for Custom Favorite / Custom Playlist so we can add Smart Playlist (mostly interested in HD Movies) to home menu?

As addressed earlier, custom Home Icons wont be possible due to them needing an icon.
Another thing I noticed is that when I added add-ons to show, the menus on the homepage aren't centred, is that something i'm doing wrong (just been picky Smile )

dave77 Wrote:Another thing I noticed is that when I added add-ons to show, the menus on the homepage aren't centred, is that something i'm doing wrong (just been picky Smile )

I hate this too, but I cant fix it. Anyone?
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shade: Official Release Thread0