• 4(current)
Shade: Official Release Thread
picodegiao Wrote:Hopefully I'm not being a tard in requesting this, but is the source going to be available soon? I've tried extracting the .xpr, but no sucesss. I'm dying to get this rolling on my trusty Xbox. I love all the views and the design.

When a dedicated thread is created, I will move with uploading the newest version as well as the source files.

On another note, the xpr isnt protected, you should be able to extract it.
To learn more, click here.
New upload coming soon with a button for getting TV Logos.

Indeed, in order to be a candidate for the add-on repo, the raw images will need to be available in non-xpr'd form. In addition, there will need to be a license file stating that your skin is opensource (afaik, all so far have used the cc-by-sa 3.0 license).

Just throwing it out there, since you now have your own subforum Smile

TheUni
igotdvds Wrote:On another note, the xpr isnt protected, you should be able to extract it.

I've tried on 2 different machines (Win7 and XP) using XPR Express and always get an error a few files into it.

I will try my hardest to be patient for the source release. Thank you again for such an awesome skin!

Pico
I finally got around to installing this last night and I must say I'm pleasantly surprised. I didn't think it would be as clean and polished as it is.

There are lots of views to choose from which is great but unfortunately there isn't one single view with everything I like, my favourite parts are spread over many views. Eg. the main layout I like might not have an option to view the trailer or not have studio logos etc. Can't please everyone though. I might have to give modding a shot if I ever get time.

Well done. Nice skin.
circle_ Wrote:I finally got around to installing this last night and I must say I'm pleasantly surprised. I didn't think it would be as clean and polished as it is.

There are lots of views to choose from which is great but unfortunately there isn't one single view with everything I like, my favourite parts are spread over many views. Eg. the main layout I like might not have an option to view the trailer or not have studio logos etc. Can't please everyone though. I might have to give modding a shot if I ever get time.

Well done. Nice skin.

Thanks!

Please feel free to make a thread requesting something and I would be happy to try adding it. In fact I'll go make a request thread now.
Here are the files to turn on Custom Backgrounds on the home screen.

*****DISCLAIMER*****

If you turn Recently Added off, you will have to manually set each background (it will default to the icons). With so much going on on the Home Screen, this is the best I could do. If you leave Recently Added on, the backgrounds will be the default ones that Shade uses.

Files:

Skin Settings

Home
Ok Thanks! ill have to wait till i tomorrow when i get home Sad

Ill let you know how it fairs
innyinskip Wrote:Ok Thanks! ill have to wait till i tomorrow when i get home Sad

Ill let you know how it fairs

I accidentally deleted your first post, sorry, still getting used to this moderator thing. The edit button was where quote used to be, it messed me up. lol
lol no worries mate.
Not sure if it was already mentioned but when I'm in TV, the header states movies then the amount of shows I have. ie. Movies 62 when it should show TV Shows 62

Also when in TV shows poster view depending on the fanart the time gets clipped on white back ground unless one checks the darken option. Just some things I noticed.

Thanks...
snuffy1pro Wrote:Not sure if it was already mentioned but when I'm in TV, the header states movies then the amount of shows I have. ie. Movies 62 when it should show TV Shows 62

Also when in TV shows poster view depending on the fanart the time gets clipped on white back ground unless one checks the darken option. Just some things I noticed.

Thanks...

Please post a screenshot of these issues and post them in the issues thread. Thanks!
Ok here comes a silly question. How come when I go to settings I get the home screen background and not this awesome background on the bottom right?..

circle_ Wrote:Ok here comes a silly question. How come when I go to settings I get the home screen background and not this awesome background on the bottom right?..

Good question. It was an earlier background I had. I'll post em up and you can place it in the backgrounds folder if you want to use it. Look for them on the google page.
igotdvds Wrote:Good question. It was an earlier background I had. I'll post em up and you can place it in the backgrounds folder if you want to use it. Look for them on the google page.

Cool. Cheers.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shade: Official Release Thread0