• 8(current)
Shade: Official Release Thread
ould Wrote:Hi There,

First off the bat, great skin! I finally replaced BIG Alaska with Shade for now. Woot! Needed a change so thanks!

Couple quick questions:

1. No addons section in settings, will there be one? should there already be one?
2. Is it possible to set it so that say I am in the TV shows main screen, when I hit back I would prefer it go to the main menu rather to title, genre etc.

Thanks!!

Kevin

To #2 : I think it would be enough to change the behaviour in the keymap. Wink
To #2 : I'd greatly appreciate that too.
steve1977 Wrote:Was wondering whether it is possible to install Shade through the "add-on function install-from-zip-file". If so, would this be automatically updated as soon as it is later added to the repo? Thanks for your help!

Any thoughts?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
Awesome skin man really great job. My only question is where do I add my cdart so that I get the actual cd of my music album spinning instead of the generic one. I have tried the "cdart.png" within my album folder but still no luck. Thanks
First of all great job!! I just love what you did!

But i have a problem.

I use a database that is not local to store the info of my movies and music. (cfr. <videodatabase> and <musicdatabase> from the advancedsettings.xml http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...ttings.xml)
Because i'm doing that features like recently added and featured movie do not work (i fear the script isn't able to find the database).

Is there a way i could make this work with changing something in the skin files?

(on a side note: when using the confluence skin it does work like it's supposed to)
Question 
Hi, I love your skin but I have a problem. I am getting this on every tab...Image Is there a solution for this?
WZero Wrote:Hi, I love your skin but I have a problem. I am getting this on every tab...Image Is there a solution for this?

Go to settings->skin->something with home and there turn on everything. Except alternate menu that was THE solution for me. Its one of those buttons. Hope it helps
WZero Wrote:Hi, I love your skin but I have a problem. I am getting this on every tab...Image Is there a solution for this?

This comes up if you dont have recently added turned on.

If you dont want recently added, you have to manually set each background image, which is done in skin settings.
To learn more, click here.
Igotdvds have you read my post i think its post 100 or something. Do you have an idea what the solution could be or do you not give "support" for things that are manipulated with the advancedsettings file.

Your help would greatly be apreciated. If im cloggimg this thread up just say so and i'll try to remove my Posts Smile thanks
Thanks a lot guy, but now is giving me this error- Scrip Failed recentlyadded.py
WZero Wrote:Thanks a lot guy, but now is giving me this error- Scrip Failed recentlyadded.py

Are you perhaps also using a remote database to store your movie information? (by using the <videodatabase> tags in the advancedsettings.xml file?)

Why not use this:

PHP Code:
<imagepath background="true" fallback="special://skin/backgrounds/pictures.jpg">$INFO[Container(9000).ListItem.Thumb]</imagepath

That way you get that nice floor image instead of the stretched <icon> as default if they haven't set a custom backdrop...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
how do you check for that?

I just check and no go jackthegroove
WZero Wrote:how do you check for that?

XBMC does it, if the <thumb> property is empty then it uses the "fallback"...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Fix it...I just replaced recentlyadded.py
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shade: Official Release Thread0