• 2(current)
Shade: Official Release Thread
psyomega Wrote:Thinking about it a little more after looking at the info screen,

I wonder Huh if one could also keep the layout the same showing both plot or outline + cast and either just shift it to the left to add the actor thumb or truncate the cast list and place the thumb beneath, using something like Waffa's MiniMeediaWaffa vertical layout for the actor list.

Anyway, thks again Laugh for the good work! This and MiniMeediaWaffa are up in my top fav skins!

I'll have a look and see.
To learn more, click here.
psyomega Wrote:My monitor is 4:3 at the moment so my dimensions may be wacky. I need to adjust the flags and layout a bit so it doesn't get cut off.

Psyomega, the chances of a lot of people having 4:3 monitors in this day and age would be very slim, infact I had thought they had gone out with the ark.

Personally if I had created the skin, I would do no extra work on it to make it 4:3 friendly, I would simply tell you to upgrade your monitor and come into the 21st Century.

Most if not all people would have 16:9 screens or streaming like me onto bigger TV sets.

Although it is good to please all of the people but sadly this annot always be the case.
I'm not a newbie. I always act this dumb.

Home Cinema Setup
-------------------
37 inch TV - Intel I3 530 @ 2.9GHZ - 4 Gig Memory - Silverstone home cinema case (silver)
Well done with the release. It takes a lot of effort to get to where you have got, and yes there will be more effort to come as the user requests come in.

I think the new home images are infinatly more suitable than the previous images and now really gel with the home page.

As I find myself playing with this skin more and more, I find the thing that its missing is subtle little animations, that would make the skin feel more alive, that said this skin has some great views that bring all the relevant user info to the user.

Again well done.

Regards
Broads.
you should integrated the logo downloder script to help users getting logo.
MarkTaunton Wrote:Psyomega, the chances of a lot of people having 4:3 monitors in this day and age would be very slim, infact I had thought they had gone out with the ark.

Personally if I had created the skin, I would do no extra work on it to make it 4:3 friendly, I would simply tell you to upgrade your monitor and come into the 21st Century.

Most if not all people would have 16:9 screens or streaming like me onto bigger TV sets.

Although it is good to please all of the people but sadly this annot always be the case.

I like your style of masking backhanded remarks within the context of constructive criticism every time you post on this forum.

igotdvds requested a look at what I chose to change for my own personal use. I never stated I was making a 4:3 mod for the general public. I brought up the fact that I only had access to a old 4:3 monitor since layouts are affected when making changes and no doubt would impact the following screens I posted.

It was also well established that while he prefers not having the cast list accessible in the info screen, that was one feature I preferred and chose to incorporate once again.

And lest you fear that I'm stuck in the 20th century, don't get your panties in a bunch about something that's really none of your concen Wink : My main rig is in storage atm Sad
Broads Wrote:Well done with the release. It takes a lot of effort to get to where you have got, and yes there will be more effort to come as the user requests come in.

I think the new home images are infinatly more suitable than the previous images and now really gel with the home page.

As I find myself playing with this skin more and more, I find the thing that its missing is subtle little animations, that would make the skin feel more alive, that said this skin has some great views that bring all the relevant user info to the user.

Again well done.

Regards
Broads.

Could you list some areas where animations are needed, I can add them if you tell me where to put them.

ppic Wrote:you should integrated the logo downloder script to help users getting logo.

I put it in the scripts folder in the Shade folder, where else do you suggest?
i was talking about having a button "get logo" on info screen. you can also put the script in the skin folder and integrated a button in option for bulk download, like we can see in night.
ppic Wrote:i was talking about having a button "get logo" on info screen. you can also put the script in the skin folder and integrated a button in option for bulk download, like we can see in night.

Can I see a screenshot of it in Night?
yes in it's thread, mcborzu talked about it
ppic Wrote:yes in it's thread, mcborzu talked about it

I will add this.
psyomega Wrote:I like your style of masking backhanded remarks within the context of constructive criticism every time you post on this forum.

Believe me I taught Simon Cowell everything he knows. If your stuff is in storage and you are using old equipment, then obviously you are not using equipment such as 16:9 monitors.

As said before XBMC has come into the 21st century, you admit that you are currently using cheap old equipment it would be like me having a black and white TV and moaning that XBMC was not in colour.

The skin and XBMC is now going into the future where 16:9 screens are the norm, and it needs to move forward rather than trying to cater for the past.

Home Cinema Setup
-------------------
37 inch TV - Intel I3 530 @ 2.9GHZ - 4 Gig Memory - Silverstone home cinema case (silver)
Guys, lets stay on topic.
It still is no worries about that one, but people cannot expect to have new skins that are suitable for 4:3 monitors or tv screens, it would be defeating the object and creating more work for skinners.

Home Cinema Setup
-------------------
Can someone upload Shade to another host, download from google right now is painfully slow.
i can add you there if you have a svn or git host :

http://passion-xbmc.org/downloads/?cat=24
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shade: Official Release Thread0