• 7(current)
Shade: Official Release Thread
dave77 Wrote:Tried both ways, unzipping over the old Shade folder and creating a new one, same results for both, i'll stick with v1 for now

I've got it displaying okay now, not sure what i was doing wrong before! Still getting script errors on the recently added control though, I've turned it off for now. Quite happy with the custom backgrounds, looking slicker than Aeon IMO
theuni Wrote:Indeed, in order to be a candidate for the add-on repo, the raw images will need to be available in non-xpr'd form. In addition, there will need to be a license file stating that your skin is opensource (afaik, all so far have used the cc-by-sa 3.0 license).

Any hope to see this soon in the add-on repo? Definitely love to try it out and the add-on repo is truly convenient!!!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
dave77 Wrote:I've got it displaying okay now, not sure what i was doing wrong before! Still getting script errors on the recently added control though, I've turned it off for now. Quite happy with the custom backgrounds, looking slicker than Aeon IMO

Make sure you have the most recent version of the recentlyadded script. And if its linux make sure its capitalized correctly.

steve1977 Wrote:Any hope to see this soon in the add-on repo? Definitely love to try it out and the add-on repo is truly convenient!!!

I believe I have everything except an open source font. This is the issue right now.
To learn more, click here.
igotdvds Wrote:Make sure you have the most recent version of the recentlyadded script. And if its linux make sure its capitalized correctly.

Where is it located, is it not part of the skin?
dave77 Wrote:Where is it located, is it not part of the skin?

There should be a folder called script.recentlyadded in your addons folder. Copy its contents into the scripts folder within skin.shade. See if that works, if it does, I will rework the structure for 1.0.6.
Just wanted to say this is by far my favorite skin on XBMC. Great job and keep up the good work mate!
bigbooda Wrote:Just wanted to say this is by far my favorite skin on XBMC. Great job and keep up the good work mate!

Thanks! The compliments make me want to work on it to make it better. Big Grin
igotdvds Wrote:I believe I have everything except an open source font. This is the issue right now.

Any chance to add it to the repo without a font or one, which is not ideal. Then, seperatelty I could buy the appropriate/best one and replace it manually?

Major advantage of the repo is automated update (plus broader distribution of the skin).
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
steve1977 Wrote:Any chance to add it to the repo without a font or one, which is not ideal. Then, seperatelty I could buy the appropriate/best one and replace it manually?

Major advantage of the repo is automated update (plus broader distribution of the skin).

Yes, we will have to track down the best "option" that is free then we are going to add it. I hope to do this within the next week or two.
Just to say thanks for a beautiful Skin - this has now replace Aeon my systems.

A little help needed

1. What is the point of the home icon in the menus and can it be deleted.

2. I would like to remove the options button which alters the appearance of the library. I want this to be used by people who don't use XBMC and I'm keen that they won't press buttons that will bring up options and settings.

Thanks in advance.
I will buy you a virtual beer if you help me sort out this remote...
Rob Xbox User Wrote:Just to say thanks for a beautiful Skin - this has now replace Aeon my systems.

A little help needed

1. What is the point of the home icon in the menus and can it be deleted.

2. I would like to remove the options button which alters the appearance of the library. I want this to be used by people who don't use XBMC and I'm keen that they won't press buttons that will bring up options and settings.

Thanks in advance.

The Home button is there to give overall stats for your system. It cant be deleted right now but I may add it in the future. I would eventually like to add the ability for people to add things to the Home section, such as plugins/addons, kind of like a favorites section, but navigable.
Hi There,

First off the bat, great skin! I finally replaced BIG Alaska with Shade for now. Woot! Needed a change so thanks!

Couple quick questions:

1. No addons section in settings, will there be one? should there already be one?
2. Is it possible to set it so that say I am in the TV shows main screen, when I hit back I would prefer it go to the main menu rather to title, genre etc.

Thanks!!

Kevin
ould Wrote:Hi There,

First off the bat, great skin! I finally replaced BIG Alaska with Shade for now. Woot! Needed a change so thanks!

Couple quick questions:

1. No addons section in settings, will there be one? should there already be one?
2. Is it possible to set it so that say I am in the TV shows main screen, when I hit back I would prefer it go to the main menu rather to title, genre etc.

Thanks!!

Kevin

Thanks so much!

1. Will you give me a screenshot of a skins settings page for Addons? I will add this.
2. If you find out how to make it do this, I will chagne the behavior, I dont like it either.
igotdvds Wrote:Yes, we will have to track down the best "option" that is free then we are going to add it. I hope to do this within the next week or two.

Was wondering whether it is possible to install Shade through the "add-on function install-from-zip-file". If so, would this be automatically updated as soon as it is later added to the repo? Thanks for your help!
igotdvds Wrote:Thanks so much!

1. Will you give me a screenshot of a skins settings page for Addons? I will add this.
2. If you find out how to make it do this, I will chagne the behavior, I dont like it either.

Disregard #1 I had accidentally hidden the Addons button from the homepage. I figured it would be in settings as it is in BIG Alaska but it was on the homepage, as a side note I think it is referred to as "scripts" in the homepage setup for shade, may want to change that to Addons so as not to be confusing. ;-) I would still like to see #2 though. :-D
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shade: Official Release Thread0