• 31(current)
SortTV: Sort TV episodes, movies, and music into directories for xbmc (Linux/Win/Mac)
Smile 
Version 1.32 is now available

New in this version:
  • Format strings:
    [EP4] format string for episode naming: episode number only
    [QUALITY] for tv or movies " HD" or " SD" - based on the original file name (currently not extracted from the video itself)
  • Always uses a year for movie naming if that format string is used, even if not present in the original filename
  • Applies filesystem rules to sorted movie files
  • Keeps 'part 1', 'cd1' etc in new file names
  • Use-dots-instead-of-spaces is also applied to tv show directories
  • Does not extract archives if .part files exist that match (a hint that not all the pieces are in place)
  • --file-to-sort=file
    A file to be sorted
    This argument can be repeated to add multiple individual files to sort
  • --dry-run
    Dry run mode. No file operations will occur on the to-sort directory.
    Some directories may be created at the destination.
  • --duplicate-images=[SYMLINK|COPY]
    Duplicate images can be symlinked or copied. For example TV season images get placed in the main directory, and in season subdirectories.
    The SYMLINK option is recommended. If symlinks are not available (for example, on Windows), then they will be copied.
    If not specified, SYMLINK.
  • --tvdb-episode-name-required=[TRUE|FALSE]
    Only sort tv episodes if the episode name was available from thetvdb
    Note: directories may still be created in the destination, even if the file is skipped due to this rule
    If not specified, FALSE
  • --display-license=[TRUE|FALSE]
    Shows the license and some information about donations when the program starts
    If not specified, TRUE
  • Displays information about the movie directory on start-up
  • Windows archive extraction fix, and added known error code for Windows
  • Various other fixes, such as spacing and "-" naming fix, file size fix, fix to update check when there is no Internet access

Get the new version from:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/sorttv/

Thanks to those of you that contributed code: Fox and TechLife, and
thanks also to JoachimL: I ended up doing the image copy differently, but the feature wouldn't exist if you hadn't submitted that code. Thanks!

Enjoy Smile
Awesome, this fixes a few things that has annoyed me a little while. Great job, will test later this week and report back how it works.
Samsung ES7005 55" led tv - Denon AVR-3313 - NAD C275BEE - B&W DM683 - B&W HTM61 - B&W 686
Intel NUC D34010WYK - 128GB Crucial ssd, Built in IR Receiver
And a Logitech Harmony Touch to control it all. https://libreelec.tv
Retired: Asus EB1501P ION2 - OCZ Vertex 2 64gb ssd - Built in IR Receiver
Thankyou for the update Smile
Hmm, i misread, I was hoping it fixed the script so it would pick up episodes from series with only one season tagged with EP1 EP2 EP3 and so on. They are rare, but it would be nice if this could be picked up and renamed to approperiate naming like S01E01 or whatever the config is set to. As this would in almost all cases be S01 it would be a good feature.
Samsung ES7005 55" led tv - Denon AVR-3313 - NAD C275BEE - B&W DM683 - B&W HTM61 - B&W 686
Intel NUC D34010WYK - 128GB Crucial ssd, Built in IR Receiver
And a Logitech Harmony Touch to control it all. https://libreelec.tv
Retired: Asus EB1501P ION2 - OCZ Vertex 2 64gb ssd - Built in IR Receiver
newphreak Wrote:Hmm, i misread, I was hoping it fixed the script so it would pick up episodes from series with only one season tagged with EP1 EP2 EP3 and so on. They are rare, but it would be nice if this could be picked up and renamed to approperiate naming like S01E01 or whatever the config is set to. As this would in almost all cases be S01 it would be a good feature.

Send me some example filenames (here or PM) and I will try to get that into the next release. Or if you are so inclined, send a patch Smile
It seems something was broken in version 1.32. If the file does not contain the episode name in the file name, the script automatically reports that it cannot find the episode name from TVDB and moves it without adding the episode name. Just went back to 1.31, and it correctly pulls the episode name from TVDB and adds to file name when moving.
mjn1210 Wrote:It seems something was broken in version 1.32. If the file does not contain the episode name in the file name, the script automatically reports that it cannot find the episode name from TVDB and moves it without adding the episode name. Just went back to 1.31, and it correctly pulls the episode name from TVDB and adds to file name when moving.

Damn, thanks for reporting. Could you please provide some sample filenames so that I can better understand what you mean and fix that. Thanks.
cliffe Wrote:Damn, thanks for reporting. Could you please provide some sample filenames so that I can better understand what you mean and fix that. Thanks.

Message sent with details
(2012-02-29, 16:36)mjn1210 Wrote:
cliffe Wrote:Damn, thanks for reporting. Could you please provide some sample filenames so that I can better understand what you mean and fix that. Thanks.

Message sent with details

As it turns out this was a non-issue. I recommend everyone update to version 1.32.

Cheers.
Call me newb... But what makes this easier or better than using something like Sickbeard? I wish there was something better but every other options seems like a lot of tweaking of code...
(2012-03-16, 05:34)crimsonfury Wrote: Call me newb... But what makes this easier or better than using something like Sickbeard? I wish there was something better but every other options seems like a lot of tweaking of code...
This is more of a hit and run program, you select input/output folder and then it's done. It's lightweight and does what it's suppose to. Smile
Not sure what you mean by tweaking code, but ya you "need" to edit the setup file there's no gui.

If you find any spelling mistakes you can keep them ;)
(2012-03-16, 09:43)Fox Wrote:
(2012-03-16, 05:34)crimsonfury Wrote: Call me newb... But what makes this easier or better than using something like Sickbeard? I wish there was something better but every other options seems like a lot of tweaking of code...
This is more of a hit and run program, you select input/output folder and then it's done. It's lightweight and does what it's suppose to. Smile
Not sure what you mean by tweaking code, but ya you "need" to edit the setup file there's no gui.

Yes, to quote a comment I made about SB earlier in the thread:
(2011-03-22, 06:12)cliffe Wrote: There is some overlap in features. SortTV has more options for sorting, and I suspect detects more naming schemes (more episode naming formats, music etc).

SortTV doesn't actually download anything, but can be used with any of the plethora of applications that does that. For example, it can be used with Vuze's built in subscriptions, or with torrent episode downloader (TED), or any of the downloaders and schedulers that others have mentioned in this thread. (You could even combine SortTV with Sick Beard, although that might be overkill.)

Once SortTV is setup you can just have any file transfer programs place new files in a directory SortTV sorts, and it will all happen automatically, the files will be moved/copied/symlinked and renamed into a very organised directory structure, images will be downloaded, and xbmc will be notified of the new files.

Development of SortTV has progressed by adding the features requested by its users. There is a lot of control available through the options to specify exactly how SortTV behaves. (Although, hopefully the default behaviour is perfect for most users.) Development of an xbmc front-end has started, which will make configuration easier.

Anyway, if you want lots of control over what happens to your files try out SortTV.

Regarding the front-end comment above: Development of the xbmc front-end seems to have stalled. I personally started working on a separate GUI interface written in C++/Qt, but it is still very incomplete, sitting in a separate development branch. It is low priority for me at the moment, but it might eventually get finished Smile

Anyway, I encourage you to try SortTV out and see if it fits your needs.

Cheers.
(2012-03-16, 19:54)cliffe Wrote: Development of the xbmc front-end seems to have stalled. I personally started working on a separate GUI interface written in C++/Qt, but it is still very incomplete, sitting in a separate development branch. It is low priority for me at the moment, but it might eventually get finished Smile

Anyway, I encourage you to try SortTV out and see if it fits your needs.

Cheers.

Been using SortTV since v.early days, must say I've been dreaming of a GUI (or even a webUI) !!!

The Capt.
Ok... But will it extract .rar files also?

Edit: I can read! Oops.... Yeah I see that it does... I'll try this tonight. I'll be glad if it works better than PITA sickbeard! I for the life of me cant figure out why they made it to where it doesn't install! It is only a webui that only works if you keep a cmd window open or go jump through hoops to get it to stay opened but hidden at system start....
Hello all,

love this script, always hated sorting my shows manually. I have one, hopefully small, feature request. I am doing the initial sort of my shows and movies dir. the shows went fairly well, one or two small easy fixes, but the script only picked up half to two thirds of my movies. looking at the verbose output i found that this was because it was matching the file to 2 or more movies. I would suggest adding a argument to allow manual selection of the movie from the list of matched movies. I hope this isn't already a feature that I missed. I looked through the help and through many of the forum posts and found nothing. I have not looked at the code yet but will see if is something that I could figure out my self.
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SortTV: Sort TV episodes, movies, and music into directories for xbmc (Linux/Win/Mac)8