• 42(current)
SortTV: Sort TV episodes, movies, and music into directories for xbmc (Linux/Win/Mac)
Hi..
Congrats... for this great app...

Please two questions:

1. Any option for accents missmatch (tipical in latin languages... french, spanish....)
I.e example Info...
Code:
INFO: Currently checking file: La habitacion de Fermat[DVDrip][Spanish].avi
INFO: Looking for movie matching La habitacion de Fermat using the movie db
INFO: 1 movies are similar to La habitacion de Fermat, checking if they are close enough matches...
INFO: Fetching page 1 of results
Processing results page 1 #1: ...
INFO: Comparing La habitacion de Fermat to La Habitación de Fermat,,
2. Something about folder with full tv name, and inside a only one chapter with short name...
I.e info...
Code:
INFO: Currently checking file: Criadas Y Malvadas - Temporada 1 [HDTV 720p][Cap.103][AC3 5.1 Español Castellano]
INFO: Entering into directory or compressed file /descargas/Criadas Y Malvadas - Temporada 1 [HDTV 720p][Cap.103][AC3 5.1 Español Castellano]
INFO: Currently checking file: CMalvadas103720p [www.newpct.com].mkv
INFO: Looking for movie matching CMalvadas using the movie db
INFO: No movies matching CMalvadas found
Hi,

My script doesn't update my remote xbmc.
Before I was using localhost And it works fine!

Now I'm using a remote one, so I just type the ip adress :192.168.0.18
But nothing happening, no error in verbose mode...

Any ideas? Thanks
You need to enable "Allow programs on other systems to control XBMC"

System -> Services -> Remote Control
(2013-11-27, 03:57)vcarriere Wrote: You need to enable "Allow programs on other systems to control XBMC"

System -> Services -> Remote Control

Hi, thanks for answer.
I already use an iPad Remote App, so "I think" it's already turned on no ?

EDIT : The first pi which launches SortTV is a Raspbian. The second on with XBMC is Raspbmc.
In the XBMC Wiki > HOW-TO:Remotely update library I've found a command line.

Code:
curl --data-binary '{ "jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "VideoLibrary.Scan", "id": "mybash"}' -H 'content-type: application/json;' http://localhost:9191/jsonrpc

1: The port is 9191 but in SortTV script the port is set to 9090 line 368. Why ?
2: This command line doesn't works curl (7) couldn't connect to host (with localhost & with ip adress)

SOLUTION FOUND : Use port 80 and enable "Allow control of XBMC from other systems"

Code:
curl --data-binary '{ "jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "VideoLibrary.Scan", "id": "mybash"}' -H 'content-type: application/json;' http://localhost:80/jsonrpc
Found a bit of a bug... Not sure why but I can't sort properly some of my Doctor Who episodes. Specifically some of the Specials that I have. I don't know if it starts with an earlier episode numbe because I don't have all of the episodes but starting at Episode 66 in the Specials for Doctor Who (2005) I get an API error

Code:
Warning: TBDB::API: Invalid episode 66 in season 0 for Doctor Who (2005)
WARN: Could not get episode title for Doctor Who (2005) Season 0 Episode 66.
MOVE EPISODE: sorting /mnt/RAID/Torrents/~completed/Doctor Who (2005) - S00E66.mp4 --to--> /mnt/RAID/TV/Doctor Who (2005)/Season 0/Doctor Who (2005) - S00E66.mp4

The episodes are listed on thetvdb.com but I get this error for everything I have from Episode 66+

Specifically the ones I have are: 66, 76, 87, 90, 91, 92, 96.
All give the same error and sort to the proper folder but fail lookup so they don't get the episode title inserted into the file name.

It should be noted that Season 0 Episode 47 in the same folder sorts and names properly. I've tested that one and previous ones and they all sort proper. Just 66+ seem to be the problem.

Please advise.
I'm getting an error when trying to use sorttv. I have, after much work, managed to install all the cpan modules, checking them individually they all say "up to date" when using the "cpan File::Copy::Recursive"-command (and all the other modules listed). That said, I'm open to suggestions that it could still be a cpan module causing problems, so don't leave it out of the calculation.

Here's the error I'm getting:

---------
root@Liberty:/Freedom/media/series# perl /Freedom/sorttv/sorttv.pl
SortTV
~~~~~~
)ARN: directory does not exist (/Freedom/Transmission/Downloads/
)ARN: directory does not exist (/Freedom/media/series/
)ARN: directory does not exist (/Freedom/media/movies/
Incorrect usage or configuration (missing sort or sort-to directories)
run 'perl sorttv.pl --help' for more information about how to use SortTV
----------

As you can see, using the ls-command the folders does exist:

----------
root@Liberty:/Freedom/media/series# ls /Freedom/media/
movies music series
----------

I saw someone with the same error a few pages back, but noone replied to him, and he never returned saying if he managed to fix it on his own either. ( http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1414964 )
I also had the errors about sort-older and year-tolerance, but I commented them out, which worked to remove the errors. The values were 0 and 1 though, so it's like it read the values wrongly, and I'm assuming something similar is happening to the directory-values as well.

I'm trying to run this on a ReadyNas 102 with OS6.

I have put chmod 777 to my media-folder and, just in case, to my sorttv folder as well.

Is there any other info you'd need from me to help troubleshoot what could be causing this error?
Hi,

First of all thank for a very good software.

Sometimes when I run it I get the following error for some files:

Quote:Permission denied at C:\Users\Movies\Downloads\SortTV1.36\sorttv.pl line 2152.

*Note: I think that this happens when the file that the system is trying to move is been seed by uTorrent.

I have tried to use the function:
Quote:sort-by=MOVE-AND-LEAVE-SYMLINK-BEHIND

but then I get this error message:
Quote:The symlink function is unimplemented at C:\Users\Movies\Downloads\SortTV1.36\sorttv.pl line 1894.

Those anyone as any ides what can I do?
Thanks in advance
Shlomi
as far as i know symlink does not work in windows..

so sometimes the script will hang on line 1767: $tvdbname = $tvdb->getEpisodeName($showtitle, $series, $episode); particularly for Once Upon a Time... i assume this is because there are multiple series called once upon a time and the first one is only 1 season and it is trying to query a third season or something. is there a way around this? is there a way for it to timeout? or make use of the year to create a better series id?

Thanks
Hi, i am new here and i love this softtv very much. but is it possible to integrate anime into sorttv from anidb.net with user account? i tried to soft my anime

but WARN: Failed to get [HorribleSubs] Freezing Vibration series information on thetvdb.com

thanks
Hi all,

I'm trying to use this software on my linux computer, but I can't set the folders path right.

I have a hard drive that is connected to my rauter with USB.
When I used this program with my Windows PC, I was able to map the drive (for example: z:\)
and to write in the "sorttv.conf" file:
directory-to-sort=Z:\Done

Now I'm trying to do the same but without any luck.

when I navigate to the folder I see the path:
smb://box/uui/done
(box is the name of the router)

I have tried many combinations but in all case I see this
"WARN: directory does not exist"
message when I tried to run the "sorttv.pl" file

Please help me to understand what do I do worng.
Thank in advance
Shlomi
Hi all,

I just upgraded my mac to Mavericks and it has broken my perfect installation of sorttv. I get this error:

iMac:~ Oliver$ /Users/Oliver/Desktop/transmission-postprocess ; exit;
Can't locate JSON/Parse.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /Library/Perl/5.16/darwin-thread-multi-2level /Library/Perl/5.16 /Network/Library/Perl/5.16/darwin-thread-multi-2level /Network/Library/Perl/5.16 /Library/Perl/Updates/5.16.2/darwin-thread-multi-2level /Library/Perl/Updates/5.16.2 /System/Library/Perl/5.16/darwin-thread-multi-2level /System/Library/Perl/5.16 /System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.16/darwin-thread-multi-2level /System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.16 .) at sorttv.pl line 56.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at sorttv.pl line 56.
logout

[Process completed]

I saw that samjdavis had a similar issue and the suggestion was to run:

sudo cpan File::Copy::Recursive File::Glob LWP::Simple TVDB::API Getopt::Long Switch WWW::TheMovieDB JSON:Tonguearse XML::Simple

Which I have tried but I get an error for this too:

fatal error: too many errors emitted, stopping now [-ferror-limit=]
1 warning and 20 errors generated.
make: *** [Json3.o] Error 1
BKB/JSON-Parse-0.29.tar.gz
/usr/bin/make -- NOT OK
'YAML' not installed, will not store persistent state
Running make test
Can't test without successful make
Running make install
Make had returned bad status, install seems impossible
XML::Simple is up to date (2.20).

Having read around I have figured out that this is because the Perl version that I have in Mavericks is different to the one I used to have in Snow Leopard... Unfortunately I am very much a noob here and have no idea what to try next. Randomly entering commands that I see online isn't working for me this time!

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks
(2013-12-08, 20:04)nordh Wrote: I'm getting an error when trying to use sorttv. I have, after much work, managed to install all the cpan modules, checking them individually they all say "up to date" when using the "cpan File::Copy::Recursive"-command (and all the other modules listed). That said, I'm open to suggestions that it could still be a cpan module causing problems, so don't leave it out of the calculation.

Here's the error I'm getting:

---------
root@Liberty:/Freedom/media/series# perl /Freedom/sorttv/sorttv.pl
SortTV
~~~~~~
)ARN: directory does not exist (/Freedom/Transmission/Downloads/
)ARN: directory does not exist (/Freedom/media/series/
)ARN: directory does not exist (/Freedom/media/movies/
Incorrect usage or configuration (missing sort or sort-to directories)
run 'perl sorttv.pl --help' for more information about how to use SortTV
----------

As you can see, using the ls-command the folders does exist:

----------
root@Liberty:/Freedom/media/series# ls /Freedom/media/
movies music series
----------

I saw someone with the same error a few pages back, but noone replied to him, and he never returned saying if he managed to fix it on his own either. ( http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1414964 )
I also had the errors about sort-older and year-tolerance, but I commented them out, which worked to remove the errors. The values were 0 and 1 though, so it's like it read the values wrongly, and I'm assuming something similar is happening to the directory-values as well.

I'm trying to run this on a ReadyNas 102 with OS6.

I have put chmod 777 to my media-folder and, just in case, to my sorttv folder as well.

Is there any other info you'd need from me to help troubleshoot what could be causing this error?

Hmm, did you edit the config file on a Windows machine and then copy it to a Unix system?

If so, try running "dos2unix sorttv.conf"

(2013-12-22, 13:55)itachi46 Wrote: as far as i know symlink does not work in windows..

so sometimes the script will hang on line 1767: $tvdbname = $tvdb->getEpisodeName($showtitle, $series, $episode); particularly for Once Upon a Time... i assume this is because there are multiple series called once upon a time and the first one is only 1 season and it is trying to query a third season or something. is there a way around this? is there a way for it to timeout? or make use of the year to create a better series id?

Thanks

Yes, if you include a year in the directory name, and the episode file includes the year, it will try that first.

(2014-01-04, 22:29)shlomilanton Wrote: Hi all,

I'm trying to use this software on my linux computer, but I can't set the folders path right.

I have a hard drive that is connected to my rauter with USB.
When I used this program with my Windows PC, I was able to map the drive (for example: z:\)
and to write in the "sorttv.conf" file:
directory-to-sort=Z:\Done

Now I'm trying to do the same but without any luck.

when I navigate to the folder I see the path:
smb://box/uui/done
(box is the name of the router)

I have tried many combinations but in all case I see this
"WARN: directory does not exist"
message when I tried to run the "sorttv.pl" file

Please help me to understand what do I do worng.
Thank in advance
Shlomi

You cannot access Windows shares like that, except from within KDE. Try mounting the share from the command line.
http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Mounting...nix_client

(2014-01-07, 00:42)strongface Wrote: Hi all,

I just upgraded my mac to Mavericks and it has broken my perfect installation of sorttv. I get this error:

iMac:~ Oliver$ /Users/Oliver/Desktop/transmission-postprocess ; exit;
Can't locate JSON/Parse.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /Library/Perl/5.16/darwin-thread-multi-2level /Library/Perl/5.16 /Network/Library/Perl/5.16/darwin-thread-multi-2level /Network/Library/Perl/5.16 /Library/Perl/Updates/5.16.2/darwin-thread-multi-2level /Library/Perl/Updates/5.16.2 /System/Library/Perl/5.16/darwin-thread-multi-2level /System/Library/Perl/5.16 /System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.16/darwin-thread-multi-2level /System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.16 .) at sorttv.pl line 56.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at sorttv.pl line 56.
logout

[Process completed]

I saw that samjdavis had a similar issue and the suggestion was to run:

sudo cpan File::Copy::Recursive File::Glob LWP::Simple TVDB::API Getopt::Long Switch WWW::TheMovieDB JSON:Tonguearse XML::Simple

Which I have tried but I get an error for this too:

fatal error: too many errors emitted, stopping now [-ferror-limit=]
1 warning and 20 errors generated.
make: *** [Json3.o] Error 1
BKB/JSON-Parse-0.29.tar.gz
/usr/bin/make -- NOT OK
'YAML' not installed, will not store persistent state
Running make test
Can't test without successful make
Running make install
Make had returned bad status, install seems impossible
XML::Simple is up to date (2.20).

Having read around I have figured out that this is because the Perl version that I have in Mavericks is different to the one I used to have in Snow Leopard... Unfortunately I am very much a noob here and have no idea what to try next. Randomly entering commands that I see online isn't working for me this time!

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Try installing one CPAN module at a time:
Code:
sudo cpan File::Copy::Recursive
See the README file FAQ for forcing a module to install.

(2013-11-18, 15:33)segalion Wrote: Hi..
Congrats... for this great app...

Please two questions:

1. Any option for accents missmatch (tipical in latin languages... french, spanish....)
I.e example Info...
Code:
INFO: Currently checking file: La habitacion de Fermat[DVDrip][Spanish].avi
INFO: Looking for movie matching La habitacion de Fermat using the movie db
INFO: 1 movies are similar to La habitacion de Fermat, checking if they are close enough matches...
INFO: Fetching page 1 of results
Processing results page 1 #1: ...
INFO: Comparing La habitacion de Fermat to La Habitación de Fermat,,
2. Something about folder with full tv name, and inside a only one chapter with short name...
I.e info...
Code:
INFO: Currently checking file: Criadas Y Malvadas - Temporada 1 [HDTV 720p][Cap.103][AC3 5.1 Español Castellano]
INFO: Entering into directory or compressed file /descargas/Criadas Y Malvadas - Temporada 1 [HDTV 720p][Cap.103][AC3 5.1 Español Castellano]
INFO: Currently checking file: CMalvadas103720p [www.newpct.com].mkv
INFO: Looking for movie matching CMalvadas using the movie db
INFO: No movies matching CMalvadas found

Great suggestions! I encourage you to try your hand at Perl, and send some code Smile

(2013-11-29, 06:05)TwiztedIndian Wrote: Found a bit of a bug... Not sure why but I can't sort properly some of my Doctor Who episodes. Specifically some of the Specials that I have. I don't know if it starts with an earlier episode numbe because I don't have all of the episodes but starting at Episode 66 in the Specials for Doctor Who (2005) I get an API error

Code:
Warning: TBDB::API: Invalid episode 66 in season 0 for Doctor Who (2005)
WARN: Could not get episode title for Doctor Who (2005) Season 0 Episode 66.
MOVE EPISODE: sorting /mnt/RAID/Torrents/~completed/Doctor Who (2005) - S00E66.mp4 --to--> /mnt/RAID/TV/Doctor Who (2005)/Season 0/Doctor Who (2005) - S00E66.mp4

The episodes are listed on thetvdb.com but I get this error for everything I have from Episode 66+

Specifically the ones I have are: 66, 76, 87, 90, 91, 92, 96.
All give the same error and sort to the proper folder but fail lookup so they don't get the episode title inserted into the file name.

It should be noted that Season 0 Episode 47 in the same folder sorts and names properly. I've tested that one and previous ones and they all sort proper. Just 66+ seem to be the problem.

Please advise.

Unfortunately, this looks like a bug in the TBDB::API CPAN module. You could try reporting the error to the developer.

(2013-10-31, 20:26)AlxAlxV Wrote: Hi,

I've found the solution to launch this script on a raspberry pi.
Please follow this instruction

Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get clean
sudo apt-get install make
sudo apt-get install gcc
sudo apt-get install gcc-4.7
sudo apt-get install curl
sudo apt-get install expat
sudo apt-get install libexpat1-dev

sudo curl -L http://cpanmin.us | perl - --sudo App::cpanminus
sudo yum install -y perl-libwww-perl

After :

Code:
sudo cpanm File::Copy::Recursive    
sudo cpanm HTTP::Date                
sudo cpanm XML::SAX                
sudo cpanm Switch                     
sudo cpanm Getopt::Long             
sudo cpanm LWP::Simple                
sudo cpanm JSON::Parse                 
sudo cpanm WWW::TheMovieDB        
sudo cpanm XML::Simple                 
sudo cpanm TVDB::API

Enjoy Smile

But now I got this message :

Code:
INFO: Currently checking file: Criminal.Minds.S09E05.FASTSUB.VOSTFR.HDTV.XviD-ADDiCTiON
INFO: Entering into directory or compressed file /media/Lacie-CloudBox/Torrent/Completed/Criminal.Minds.S09E05.FASTSUB.VOSTFR.HDTV.XviD-ADDiCTiON
INFO: Currently checking file: Criminal.Minds.S09E05.FASTSUB.VOSTFR.HDTV.XviD-ADDiCTiON.avi
INFO: trying to move Criminal Minds season 09 episode 5
DBM::Deep: '1729971': Don't know what to do with type 't /usr/local/share/perl/5.14.2/TVDB/API.pm line 532

Any ideas ?
Thanks

Looks like TVDB::API didn't install properly. Maybe try reinstalling or testing the module?
"Great suggestions! I encourage you to try your hand at Perl, and send some code "

Sorry... My skills in perl are near zero. Maybe in python, but I havent see anything so complete as your script (in python) to start modify.
First, let me say that this is fantastic script, and a great piece of work! I already made a PayPal donation :-) Have a nice cold beer or two.

I want to ask about three problems:
1. If the file is named "Equilibrium.1080p.mkv", the script "thinks" 1080 is a year and does not match anything. Could you exclude resolution markers from being considered a year? (1080, 720)

2. I like to have films with original soundtrack, and original names - for example "Alle Anderen" (German film, but I also watch Polish, Czech etc.). The script, however, forces TVDB lookups in just one language - is it possible to change it to a list, so doing "en de pl" will first check English, if match is not found, German, and the finally Polish title?

3. A number of times script crashed with "timed out" message - I had to run it a dozen times over my film directory so it finally finished, but I don't know _what_ operation timed out. A bit pesky, not a showstopper, but it'd be good to know what timed out, and retry the operation if possible.
One more thing: quite often I see:
"Use of uninitialized value $new in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/local/bin/sorttv.pl line 373."

I don't know if it's about the filename to-be-processed, or one that has just been processed. Could you help me?
  • 42(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SortTV: Sort TV episodes, movies, and music into directories for xbmc (Linux/Win/Mac)8