• 101(current)
CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents
bmcclure937 Wrote:I am curious to know if CP can analyze your current XBMC library and automatically begin finding and downloading higher quality versions of your media collection. I was not sure if this was an option or if the original SD file had to be downloaded by CP...

This would be an awesome feature, not only to find preferred qualities, but to automatically rename all of your folder/filenames to the correct naming convention.
First of all, thank you for this magnificent software.

I understand CouchPotato only search for torrents on thepiratebay.
I live in italy where direct access to tpb is blocked (i can access it through a proxy though)

Is there any way i can tell CP to use a proxy or vpn?

please help me, i really want to use this awesome sw!
hy all
i'm sorry if i ask a stupid question thats already been answered but i couldn't find anything on that one. my question:
would it be possible to add movies to couchpotato from within xbmc. say i browse the apple trailer plugin and i find a movie that i like can i add directly to my want list?

thanks
MosesX8 Wrote:This would be an awesome feature, not only to find preferred qualities, but to automatically rename all of your folder/filenames to the correct naming convention.

I agree Nod
MosesX8 Wrote:This would be an awesome feature, not only to find preferred qualities, but to automatically rename all of your folder/filenames to the correct naming convention.

Yup this would be a great feature.
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
I would love a option where the search rss for nzbmatrix uses the scenename setting so the rss will look like http://rss.nzbmatrix.com/rss.php?usernam...&english=1&scenename=1 in order to add the .'s in the nzb filenames.
HTPC: ZBOX-ID41 running OpenElec with Logitech Harmony remote.
NAS: Lian Li Cube, MSI P55-CD53, Intel I7-880, 16GB RAM, 23x 2TB WD drives @ RAID6, 500GB Samsung, Ubuntu Linux.
TV: Samsung UE75ES9005
Any tips as to why my auto-renaming functionality is not working as expected? Huh
MosesX8 Wrote:This would be an awesome feature, not only to find preferred qualities,
But this is already possible? If I have a movie, say Test, and it is placed in my XBMC-MovieFolder, CP would rename it like "Test (2011)" and puts "Test.avi" in that directory (this is what I have done before manually). If you now go ahead and add "Test (2011)" to CP again with say 1080p-releases only, CP will replace the "Test.avi" with "Test.mkv"...

Quote:but to automatically rename all of your folder/filenames to the correct naming convention.
That indeed would be nice, but as this is a one time only thing, I would suggest you use scripts which are designed for that (ie all the Mediamanager on this board)...

@bmcclure937: A little more explanation would be helpful...
Okay. Explanation. Couch Potato sends NZB to SABnzbd. Download completes. File is moved to proper "Movies" directory. No renaming occurs. No errors in log.

I think it would be nice if Couch Potato ran a post-processing script similar to what Sick Beard does. This would process the file according to your preferences and then also notify Couch Potato of the status and whether the movie was downloaded successfully.

As of right now, when a download completes I have to manually mark the "snatched" movie as "downloaded" in the Couch Potato web interface.
I had a similiar problem a long time, because CouchPotatoe always was trying to touch the files while they were being extracted by sabnzbd. Sabnzbd move the files to the final download-destination before it extracts the files. So...you have the problem that CP tries to move a file while it is not actually finished yet.

I did it for myself and built a little c#-app that does the post-processing for me and moves the files to yet another directory. That is working really good so far, no more problems with CP since then.
Hi Everyone,

I have a problem with the renamer of couchpotato. I tried to enable the renamer function, but always getting the following error:

18:45:29 INFO [ app.lib.cron.renamer] Watched folder doesn't exist.

Couchpotato is installed on my qnap NAS at the following location:

/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/CouchPotato/

In the settings i put the following path as downloading folder for SABNZBD which should be the watch folder.

/share/Qdownload/sabnzbd/complete/Movies

Does anyone has an idea why couchpotate still argues that the watch folder does not exists?

Thanks for the help.

Best Peter
I am probably being stupid here but i don't see anything in the `soon' link on Windows.

Also, could somebody point me in the right direction for announcing to xbmc?

EDIT: Ok notification to xbmc were really easy. Just wondering why "soon" doesn't work.
Just wondering, I setup SickBeard to work with SABnzbd+ and they "handshake" very well, no glitches whatsoever. I cant do the same thing with CP. Basically, its configured to the point where CP will send the download instruction to SAB, download will happen, but the file will stay in SAB's complete folder.... The movie is not moved to the download folder of CP, no post processing is done.

For SickBeard, sabtosickbeard.py is the script that does it all... what do you use for CP?

I also set the "Download Folder" in CP's options to the path where my collection is stored but no post processing is done on the existing movies, and the list of the movies is not present in CP's (similar to SickBeard's tv shows list). How do you perform post processing on existing movies? (Similar to Add Shows in SickBeard)?

Thanks!
lpallard Wrote:For SickBeard, sabtosickbeard.py is the script that does it all... what do you use for CP?
!

Nothing.

This probably needs stated more often: CouchPotato doesn't do the same things that sickbeard does, and because of this works in a different manner!

In Config>Renaming>Download folder you should have something like ".../complete/Movies". Movies is the category that CP assigns to downloads in SAB, and SAB puts files with the Movies category in a Movies subdir under your download folder.

CP then checks that folder like once a minute for new downloads and then processes them as specified in the renamer options.
leportazio Wrote:First of all, thank you for this magnificent software.

I understand CouchPotato only search for torrents on thepiratebay.
I live in italy where direct access to tpb is blocked (i can access it through a proxy though)

Is there any way i can tell CP to use a proxy or vpn?

please help me, i really want to use this awesome sw!

Any idea on this matter?
  • 101(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents11