slideshow "control"
So, I usually don't use screensavers in XBMC or on my desktop for that matter, but I was checking out the "slideshow" screensaver, and I thought it looked really nice and smooth.

So I was thinking would it in any way be possible to use that in skins, like on the home screen?
No biggie, but if it would be an "easy" thing to do, that would be a nice feature.

Anyway, just wondering Smile
Couple of skins do this, take a peek at T!

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Yes I know, and it's a good effort, but the reason I found the screensaver so interesting is because it actually has a really smooth and random animation.
Besides if this could be some sort of standard control there would be much less cumbersome coding involved Smile
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/6894
Note the forum thread that the trac ticket links to. I asked for suitable animation types etc so that we can make this part of the multiimage control but never really got a response.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I Don't know how popular this is? Usually after a skin is released people ask/make mods for clearART, extrathumbs, stuff like that never really see animated backdrops requested much...

I fall into the "Wow thats cool!, ok now I find it annoying" camp on animated backdrops...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
jmarshall Wrote:I asked for suitable animation types etc so that we can make this part of the multiimage control but never really got a response.

Cheers,
Jonathan

how about just the one that's currently used for the slideshow?
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Because they'd need translating into the stuff that skin anims use. This is something that you guys are better at than I am.

Plus, it's a motivational thing - you guys do a bit of work which encourages me to dive in and finish it off Smile

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

mcborzu Wrote:I Don't know how popular this is? Usually after a skin is released people ask/make mods for clearART, extrathumbs, stuff like that never really see animated backdrops requested much...

I fall into the "Wow thats cool!, ok now I find it annoying" camp on animated backdrops...

I know what you mean and I tend to fall into that category as well, but if there would be away to control certain aspects of the animations, for instance the intensity and speed of the animations, I think it would be nice. I would set the animations to be quite subtle and calm on the homescreen.
And in for instance the now playing screen it could be more intense and serve as a sort of visualization showing the artist fanart.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
slideshow "control"0