[AppleTV] Not tagging my video files properly?
I just recently had XBMC index my Video directories into a library for me, and...well, it's totally buggered.

I make a decent effort to name my directories and files appropriately, like so:
.../Video/Movies/[Movie name]
.../Video/TV Shows/[TV show name]/[TV show name] - S[Season number]E[Episode number] - [Episode title]
.../Video/Cartoons/[Various cartoon movies, old saturday morning cartoons, and anime series]
...and so on. You get the idea. I figured that this would probably help XBMC fetch the proper information for most of my files, but it's way off base in a lot of cases.

Some of the movies show up just fine. There's no information and no "poster" images for any of them, just a random screenshot from the movie (some of them are really ambiguous-looking) and the file name (which is thankfully named properly, anyway). The TV shows are mostly indexed wrong or not at all, with many listings of duplicate shows and/or episodes. I also have a "Shorts" directory with several short films and animations in it that was labeled as the movie/TV show, "Shorts", which they obviously are not. Just to give an idea of how it worked.

My music files are in the process of being indexed now, and have been for some nine hours or so and are only half-done. Should I be worried about these being indexed improperly, even though most of them had proper ID3 tags and were put in folders similar to the video files I have?

I suppose my real question is, how can I get XBMC to index my movies/video files correctly in my library?
Follow the online manual and you'll do just fine.

Note that for music scanning you REALLY want to turn off online fetching and scan direct using the tags. Once that's done and you're happy with that info you can look at getting other info from the scrapers.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Can I clear the online info at all?
I hit "Clean Library..." but it didn't seem to do anything.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV] Not tagging my video files properly?0