Does XBMC Support Larger Buffering?
I've been researching this issue for a few months now, and have pretty much reached the conclusion that XBMC's (default?) max buffer size is incredibly small - leading many to believe it won't work over WiFi. I'm firmly of the belief that if the buffer can be increased - it *can* be made to work over (sometimes dodgy) wifi connections by buffering up (even to a local disk cache instead of memory) a larger quantity of video.

At this point, it seems like the buffer is somewhere around 1.6M on my install of XBMC - which is rather paltry. I don't think it would be such an issue if that was just the 'buffer this before starting play' limit; but it seems to be a hard limit - that's as far forward as XBMC will buffer, no matter how long you pause it.

Sooo... to get to my question; back in the Xbox days (2007 or so per forum postings I've found?) there was an option to increase buffer size. Does anyone know if this is still around? Seems like it would be easy enough for the XBMC team to have exposed it as a preference... it must be there somewhere. Does anyone have any ideas?
This has been answered many time before....no it's not around any more. I haven't seen any talk of it being re-instated.
Main - Intel E6750 C2D (2.66ghz)/Geforce 240
Bedroom - Intel E3300 C2D (2.5ghz)/Geforce 210
Guest Bedroom - Acer Revo 1600/ION LE
Test Desktop - Intel Q9300 C2Q (2.5ghz)/Geforce 9600 GSO
phantomdata Wrote:leading many to believe it won't work over WiFi

Really? It would have to be pretty rubbish WiFi before you'd get problems playing video over it.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Does XBMC Support Larger Buffering?0