Extreme flickering with ATI card
Hi there!

I'm running ubuntu 10.04 (x64) on my Core2Duo with 4GB RAM. The gfx-card is an ATI HD 5700. For that reason I'm using the latest Catalyst (which is actually 10.6). The kernel is 2.6.33-22.

I installed XBMC from the repos as discribed in the wiki. It is the version 9.11.

So, my problem is, that all movie files are not displayed in the right way. mkv files (720p or 1080p) are flickering extremely bad. They are always changing rapidly vom light blue to black.
Avi files are staying simply black. The sound works surprisingly perfect.

First I thought, this problem might result from the activated compiz, but with a turned off compiz, its the same problem. Changing vsync to always off or always on or choose by driver did not change anything.

Is there perhaps someone else, who has got the same problems?

Do you have a suggestion, where I may seek to find a way for solving this?

Thanks a lot!
Camelot does not support hardware acceleration of ATI cards. You need to upgrade to a more recent SVN version for that. Keep in mind that it's still somewhat experimental and buggy.
Set render method to basic shaders(arb).
First of all: Thanks!

But I'm a bit confused right now. What is camelot? And what are SVN? Do you mean the Nightly Builds?

@ bobo1on1: Do you know, where I can change these settings? I can't find it in the system settings. Or is it just a config entry?
System->video->playback.
psuch Wrote:First of all: Thanks!

But I'm a bit confused right now. What is camelot? And what are SVN? Do you mean the Nightly Builds?

@ bobo1on1: Do you know, where I can change these settings? I can't find it in the system settings. Or is it just a config entry?

Camelot=9.11 stable release

SVN=Test Builds
bobo1on1 Wrote:Set render method to basic shaders(arb).

Great!
That works!

Thank you very much Smile
cowfodder Wrote:Camelot does not support hardware acceleration of ATI cards. You need to upgrade to a more recent SVN version for that. Keep in mind that it's still somewhat experimental and buggy.

He has an ATI card and he's not running windows so he wont get hardware acceleration no matter what he uses
It was my understanding that newer svn versions contain preliminary support for ati and intel hardware accelleration. I could be wrong on that though.
Trunk has va-api support for a while now, which means ati gpu's can be used for video decoding, but xbmc has had support for yuv to rgb colorspace conversion using glsl shaders for a long time.

The problem is ati doesn't init the texture matrix correctly, if you call glLoadIdentity on the texture matrix on startup it's ok, so ati and glsl works in trunk but not on 9.11.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Extreme flickering with ATI card0