[LINUX] How to enable EventServer (for sixaxis - ps3 control)
Exclamation 
Just that.

How do i enable EventServer, or more to the point, how do i get XBMC to allow the PS3 control to control it?

I've setup qt-sixa to pair the control with the computer. That part is all good. Just getting XBMC to allow the PS3 control to control it is the problem.

I dont see anything at all in the settings about an EventServer. In settings >> system >> input devices there is nothing about an event server, nor is there anything about an event server or bluetooth devices in settings >> network.

I've install the xbmc ps3 client package also. Am i missing some other package?

Thanks.
I'm away from my PC at the moment so can't check, but from memory in the Settings, System there is an option "allow this computer to be controlled remotely" or something like that. You need to enable this setting.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:I'm away from my PC at the moment so can't check, but from memory in the Settings, System there is an option "allow this computer to be controlled remotely" or something like that. You need to enable this setting.

JR

Yeah, i've checked both remote settings (allow to be control by other apps and allow to be control by remote computers). What do i do now?

Thanks.
I would try some known working event client. If you have a Windows machine available I have a simple version at http://swarchive.ratsauce.co.uk/. If this works the problem must lie with the PS3 controller side.

JR
Thanks. Although i dont understand how to run an event client?
i think i know how to run event clients now, lol. Am i runnignthe correct script and whats with this error?

/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/xbmc$ sudo python ps3d.py
Starting HID daemon
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "ps3d.py", line 420, in <module>
main()
File "ps3d.py", line 416, in main
start_hidd(bdaddr, ipaddr)
File "ps3d.py", line 355, in start_hidd
hid = HID(bdaddr)
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/xbmc/bt/hid.py", line 15, in __init__
self.csock.bind((self.address, self.cport))
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/bluetooth/bluez.py", line 140, in bind
return self._sock.bind (addrport)
_bluetooth.error: (98, 'Address already in use')

Recently got a bit further. I restarted and started ps3d.py before i turned on the ps control (because of auto connect). Then the contrller connected to the ps3d script. Although it didnt do anything besides constantly rumble. Any further ideas?

XBMC developers REALLY need to document this!
no one?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] How to enable EventServer (for sixaxis - ps3 control)0